Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20088 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:03:50 »

Only listened on the radio on the end but Baudry sounded like he did ok apart from two or three dodgy moments - which let’s be honest all of defenders have per game anyway…
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:03:56 »

Special mention to Jencor on their forum, I doubt many in Swindon would recognise a Sutton shirt. Enjoy the journey home 
Read that too, bless!  Clap
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:06:14 »

Read that too, bless!  Clap

I've not made the effort to look on their forum, I'm sure PV will post the highlights at some point but I'd appreciate a preview...
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:14:13 »

I've not made the effort to look on their forum, I'm sure PV will post the highlights at some point but I'd appreciate a preview...
Only runs to two pages, their fan lives in Swindon and risked his life by wearing his Sutton shirt around town before going to the game sums it up.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:16:43 »

Great result. proper shit hole with a very weird ground in the middle of a park. not enough terracing available for the fans available. took them half hour to open up a unoccupied area.

home fans were something else. their own stewards were getting embarrassed. plenty of homophobic and just generally weird chants. at one point half their stand joined in.with a your dad's a nonce chant! was like a youth club

thankfully the team turned up really good hard working win with so many moments of attacking quality and grit. I was worried for the first 10 mins after the 2nd half and that was pretty much it.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:18:38 »

Haha, have to admire the strength of character to have the balls to do that Cheesy
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:20:30 »

Great result. We scored when we were on top which is lovely.

Ugly 2nd half but still looked like we could/should nick another whilst dealing with them on the whole. Sutton were slightly better in the 2nd half but jojo wasn't really troubled.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:21:08 »

Well happy with that, got to admit would have settled for a point pre kick off, we've finally got that winning habit back,  just got to do it at home now, great results from most clubs around us, Vegans and Gardengate both dropping points.  
Certainly wouldn't have expected us to go from a club with only five registered first team players and on the verge of folding to a club challenging for promotion in just three months.
Full marks to Clem, looks like this time we may finally have an owner who is going to do exactly what he said !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:44:38 »

Been at a gig in Bristol tonight - came out and seen the result. Happy days!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:45:26 »

First away game this season for me. Nice not to have to drive home after a midweek game.
That was a really good win and performance. They are a difficult team to play against - physical and rely on set pieces and second balls from punts forward - thankfully we don’t have to watch that style. The wind was tricky tonight (behind us second half which  made their high balls, quite tricky to defend at times, and explains why we overhit some balls.
We should have been 4-0 up after about half an hour rather than 2. We then had a shaky spell for 10-15 mins either side of half time, after which I thought we saw the game out pretty well.
Good performances through the team - Hunt, Baudry particularly stood out at the back, Iandolo is improving on the left, Reed was excellent again, and Williams’ goal was outstanding.
I was not in a good place to see, but I was surprised McKirdy  was flagged offside for his disallowed goal. I thought 5he penalty was the correct decision, but overall the ref was poor - inconsistent decisions (generally in favour of the home team), the challenge on Reed was shocking (could have been a red) and on two occasions Sutton players raised their hands to push over Swindon players (McKirdy and Williams) with impunity.
Garner got the subs spot on - East slotted in well for Reed and Gladwin likewise for Williams.
A Sutton fan told me we are the best team they have played this season.
A well deserved 3 points. Hopefully 3 more on Saturday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 22:02:59 »

great win that.

keep getting 3 points on the road and a point at home and we'll be alright
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 22:18:37 »

If we hadn’t won tonight it would have been a great injustice. I was in the home end and I definitely wasn’t the only town fan there! McKirdy looks class and has been unlucky with a few. Could have had a hat trick today. Didn’t see what his goal was disallowed for and didn’t see the hand ball. Good game management by us and everyone came out with credit. Said hello to
Mildy as he came out of the tunnel at half time from the home end. We are a clinical striker away from a great team at this level and that is not an insult to Simpson. I think Simpson is doing a great job but it’s a lot of pressure for an untested 19 year old. We need someone to share the burden.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 22:32:19 »

Two stunning goals and a decent away following midweek.
Unnecessary to give away the penalty, ref didn’t spot it but our lino to our left had his flag up almost immediately.

Would have settled for a point and that made up for Saturday.
Just have to find this missing home form.

We do play some absolutely top quality football at times,
Reed without doubt our best capture this season and we really need to be getting some gentlemen’s agreements in place to keep this nucleus.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 07:57:57 »

fantastic result.

thought in the first half Simpson was outstanding, probably only overshadowed by Williams

Thought baudry recomposed himself as the second half went on.

I think they only had, what, two shots on target?

if McKirdy was a bit more clinical/lucky then the score line would have been more reflective on how we played imo.

Sutton are no mugs, but I thought we dealt with their physically quite well.

Absolutely nothing to complain about yesterday at all.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:26:39 »

Sutton manager thought there wouldn't have been too many complaints if the game had finished in a draw 😳

Jojoba had a header straight at him and that was it wasn't it? Crazy views.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: