Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19758 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 06:20:20 »

We're away, got to be a win.

Sutton 1-2 Town

Att: 2,899 (575 us)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 06:32:32 »

I think they favour the muscular, direct approach. Be interesting to see how we cope with that.

Another away win - 3-1.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 06:36:44 »

Jojo and KKH return to the team and a 0-1 win. I think KKH would have made all the difference against Dale if he had started. Hunt is a solid right back but offers very little going forward and I don’t believe he’s a wingback at all. KKH will be able to help overload their midfield and get more crosses in the box. Hunt on Saturday looked to pass back or sideways rather than try and get a cross in.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 07:59:23 »

Would like to see Mckirdy and Williams starting together. Bit of direct running.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:03:27 »

Would like to see Mckirdy and Williams starting together. Bit of direct running.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

Wouldn’t that compromise the possession ‘total Garnerball’ way we play? Or to put it another way, tactically how would you fit the rest of the team around those two playing that for 90 minutes, or, would you use them in an impact way towards the end of the game if we’re losing?

I understand what you are saying because in some games I have thought that we on occasions ought to drive through the opposition defence to try to open up a game. Thus far Garner hasn’t deployed that tactic and I don’t get a war cosy feeling he will.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:06:29 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:05:02 »

Draw, 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 09:04:15 »

Unbelievably I am off to this, my first away game in probably 2 years and im ending up in Sutton. Without going all Leeds etc I find it quite hard to take in this fixture without it being an fa cup game.

they are here on merit though and we are through shitness. will be a tough game based on the league table. my away record is quite terrible but lets hope we can continue an unbeaten run
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 09:17:05 »

my away record is quite terrible but lets hope we can continue an unbeaten run

It's OK, to offset that we're going too and we haven't seen us lose away all season, mind you nor has anyone else Smiley .

Anyway, I'm thinking it;s going to be a draw, which wouldn't be too bad.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 11:34:50 »

I wonder if SuttonRed will find a way to watch this game..  I hope he is doing ok.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 11:47:34 »

yeah. Any update on Sutton?

I did write to him, not expecting anything back but I hope it got to him so he knew we were thinking about him
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 12:46:28 »

Unable to attend in person. Is this one gong to be available on i follow in the uk?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 13:03:42 »

Wouldn’t that compromise the possession ‘total Garnerball’ way we play? Or to put it another way, tactically how would you fit the rest of the team around those two playing that for 90 minutes, or, would you use them in an impact way towards the end of the game if we’re losing?

I understand what you are saying because in some games I have thought that we on occasions ought to drive through the opposition defence to try to open up a game. Thus far Garner hasn’t deployed that tactic and I don’t get a war cosy feeling he will.

* download.jpg (6.56 KB, 268x188 - viewed 114 times.)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 13:18:23 »

Unable to attend in person. Is this one gong to be available on i follow in the uk?
Don't see any reason why it wouldn't be.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 14:17:19 »

Sent from my XQ-AD51

Agree I would go with the following team in a 3421 formation
JJ
Odimayo
Conroy
Critchlow
KKK
Reed
Gladwin
Iandolo
Williams
McKirdy
Simpson

I know that means resting Payne, but he would be a great impact option from the bench. I think when Williams and Payne played in the same starting XI they quite often played in the same areas. Gladwin plays deeper where he can dictate play more with his range of passing.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 15:32:00 »

Agree I would go with the following team in a 3421 formation
JJ
Odimayo
Conroy
Critchlow
KKK
Reed
Gladwin
Iandolo
Williams
McKirdy
Simpson

I know that means resting Payne, but he would be a great impact option from the bench. I think when Williams and Payne played in the same starting XI they quite often played in the same areas. Gladwin plays deeper where he can dictate play more with his range of passing.

KKK?  Huh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: