Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20204 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:40:27 »

From 1 to 11 that was superb. Hunt MOTM but Baudry had a stormer coming in from the cold.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:41:13 »

A lot of draws tonight - good night all round

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:41:42 »

Very pleased with that, Sutton, that was shit to watch, sorry.

I'd say they are a better Flitcroft team and I hated watching us play that way, but we were not a non-league club enjoying new ground.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:41:54 »

Just like to congratulate our much maligned weakest link for an excellent second half.  Did the job at least as well as any defender. Well done Baudry.  Great guts.  Garner late with the subs.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:43:28 »

Just like to congratulate our much maligned weakest link for an excellent second half.  Did the job at least as well as any defender. Well done Baudry.  Great guts.  Garner late with the subs.

Agree on Baudry - he had one blooper that could have cost us second half, but he did what he needed to do, by and large.  I think he struggles now with teams that move it about on the ground, pull defenders around.  This, oddly, is a team set up for him - nothing to think about, no quick runs to worry about.  Defend, keep position.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:44:23 »

Didn't look pretty defensively but it worked, they didn't really have any chances second half for all the long balls, Hunt was my MOTM, was brilliant tonight. When we got on the ball they couldn't get near us, especially for the first 30 minutes. Another good result.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:47:09 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:44:24 »

Great win. Astute management from Garner in my opinion. Right subs at the right time ,Sutton for all their possession,created one chance from a free kick.Thought Payne who had an average first half played a captains role in the second. Only real criticism ,McKirdy's finishing but to be fair he's getting in good positions

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:45:55 »

Just like to congratulate our much maligned weakest link for an excellent second half.  Did the job at least as well as any defender. Well done Baudry.  Great guts.  Garner late with the subs.

Absolutely, he was simply superb 2nd half
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:46:44 »

Brilliant result.

Nice to see both Bristol clubs fucked it up late.

Well in Town.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:52:27 »

Fantastic result. Absolute quality performance and goals in the first half. Dug in and battled in the second half. Agree about Baudry as well.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:52:41 »

Great result. Shows we can mix it with a physical side. Two great moments of quality set us apart. Agree on Baudry too.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:54:36 »

Good old Shitty, haven’t won at home since God was a boy and managed to let in two in extra time, and Wovers get two sent off as well!  Suicide
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:56:14 »

Garner:
- A lot of young players deserve credit
- JoJo had gone away and 2 caps for his country. Didnt feel comfortable putting him back after 1 day back in training.
- Have 2 wonderful goalkeepers. Gives manager a headache
- Conroy swollen ankle so rested him
- Rotation with Glawin
- Gladwin and East gave us a bit more control when they came on
- Have a load that we work to with Gladwin each week. Not going to change what is right for the player
- Run of form in general has been good
- Pleased, but could have had more points
- Is it still about survival? Yes. Putting foundations in place. Will keep pushing

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:59:18 »

Agree on Baudry - he had one blooper that could have cost us second half, but he did what he needed to do, by and large.  I think he struggles now with teams that move it about on the ground, pull defenders around.  This, oddly, is a team set up for him - nothing to think about, no quick runs to worry about.  Defend, keep position.

Agree with this - Baudry can play this sort of game much better than a more mobile, less direct attack. Sorry to hear the Twitter kneejerk crowd lambasting him on the radio. I made him my MoM in the end.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:00:20 »

Special mention to Jencor on their forum, I doubt many in Swindon would recognise a Sutton shirt. Enjoy the journey home 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: