Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19753 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:48:25 »

Sutton fans after were very complimentary after the game. Acknowledged we probably should've scored 4 or 5. They didn't have many chances, a header at JoJo towards the end and the penno. Ref gave them absolutely everything so it was tough to keep a rhythm going after a superb opening 35 minutes. It's a tough place to come though, Sutton were full of energy and very lively. They didn't create much but they were constantly pumping balls forward. A big test passed. Williams is different class, absolutely ran the show first half.

Shoutout to Baudry who took a lot of shit during the game but I thought had a really positive second half. Also the Sutton goalie who enjoyed the banter from the away fans.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:54:10 »

I think Williams is coming into his own now, especially after scoring against Dale.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:13:05 »

I've not made the effort to look on their forum, I'm sure PV will post the highlights at some point but I'd appreciate a preview...
Your wish is my command sire.

From the Sutton forum, some good comments and a couple of slightly unusual ones too. Love the very last one....

Swindon were zipping the ball around and moving much quicker than us in that first half.

Hats off to Swindon, some class players and thought they might run us ragged in the first half.

We did get back into the game in the second half but very much hoof ball... Wide players not in the game today. Kizzi and Ajiboye had excellent chances to pull us level. We will lose some games.

Kept battling tonight although beaten by a stronger and more "professional" team. 2 unstoppable goals. They should go up and maybe we needed this a bit. Probably the best team I've seen us play this season but we weren't far behind.

tonight we were beaten by a decent side who scored two quality goals.

Tough evening..
Outplayed for lengthy periods but we showed so much guts and fight to hang in there.

I think we were beaten by the better side on the night, they came out of the blocks very fast, we didn't really know what hit us and were 2-o down before we got any sort of a toe hold in the match.

I thought Swindon were the best side we have seen at the Lane for quite a long time, so credit to them..

Through gritted teeth - well played Swindon. I’ll have to avoid my neighbour for a few months

Typically Jonny Williams never managed anything like that goal last night when he was at Palace. 😅 A little surprised to see he has dropped down to League Two anyway.

The key reason we didn’t get back into the match was the sheer physicality of Swindon- quicker to the second ball and they wrestled/muscled ( fairly in the main) when we were in possession to get the ball back or to stop us
maintaining procession and do anything meaningful.

I have no doubt that Swindon will be automatic promotion candidates so no disgrace. We need to pick ourselves up and make sure we get something from the next game. Don’t forget we never lost two consecutive league matches last season..

Honestly, no complaints about the score last night. Over the 90 I thought Swindon were the far better side, especially in the first half where it could have easily been a cricket score if they had a bit more luck and we didn't have Bouzanis.

We have never faced anything of this quality at GGL since Arsenal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:13:08 »

Just out of interest and for comparison had a look at where we were after 13 games when we won this league 2 years back.

2021-22
P13 W6 D5 L2 F18 A11 23 points

2019-20
P13 W6 D3 L4 F20 A16 21 points

Despite all the worries about our striker, we had only scored 2 more with Doyle and Yates up top.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:21:07 »

Highlights.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:23:53 »

I looked to see when it was we battered Crawley away that season as I remember that being the moment I thought we might win the league, it was the 26th of October.  Do that to Bradford and we're on  Smiley
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:24:17 »

Your wish is my command sire.

From the Sutton forum, some good comments and a couple of slightly unusual ones too. Love the very last one....

Great stuff, cheers as always.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:27:06 »

Just out of interest and for comparison had a look at where we were after 13 games when we won this league 2 years back.

2021-22
P13 W6 D5 L2 F18 A11 23 points

2019-20
P13 W6 D3 L4 F20 A16 21 points

Despite all the worries about our striker, we had only scored 2 more with Doyle and Yates up top.

In 2019 Doyle had only just joined us at this point in the season, not that this detracts from your valid point, but just throwing it in there..  What we lacked that season were more goals from midfield, which has been rectified this season under Garner
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:35:41 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:30:19 »

Att: 3,443 including 574 from Swindon (officially plus several in the home end).

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:36:15 »

Doyle scored on the 17th of August 2019 against Exeter...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:37:06 »

In 2019 Doyle had only just joined us at this point in the season, not that this detracts from your valid point, but just throwing it in there..  What we lacked that season were more goals from midfield, which has been rectified this season under Garner

Errr by this point in 2019 Doyle had already been with us 2 months
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:54:54 »

I think I heard it mentioned that this week was when Doyle started his mega run of goals

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:58:35 »

Thought their player, Adjiobe, looked decent. Wouldn’t mind him.

Baudry clearing a ball last night

* 8BD6A363-0C93-47C6-85A1-1384F10CC8E4.jpeg (12.86 KB, 171x153 - viewed 107 times.)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:59:32 »

Andrew Hawed was saying that Enzo Bodewijn from Sutton was believed to be one of the 4 signings McGreal agreed
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 10:01:51 »

Good job he fucked off, then.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: