Pages: 1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188436 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7935 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 22:58:20 »

There will be over 100,000 sun worshipers on Bournemouth beaches over the week end😀

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7936 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 22:59:49 »

Teressa summed it up well

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1403283663245217793?s=21
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7937 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 08:49:12 »

Quote from: tans
Looks like the 21st June will be put back 4 weeks.

Ouch, but in time for summer holidays
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7938 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:17:54 »

Looks like the 21st June will be put back 4 weeks.

I personally think this is sensible. Get the vast majority of adults their second vaccines and then lift restrictions. (obviously keeping an eye on data)

I know the general public have been very patient with this and some are going to stamp their feet and sqwwweem and sqwwweem about freedoms etc but aside from having to wear masks and social distance there is plenty we can do. (aside from going abroad, which is a luxury anyway)

I of course feel massively for people that struggle with mental health issues and really crave normality and hope that this disappointing news doesn't have negative effects.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7939 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:21:52 »

I personally think this is sensible. Get the vast majority of adults their second vaccines and then lift restrictions. (obviously keeping an eye on data)

I know the general public have been very patient with this and some are going to stamp their feet and sqwwweem and sqwwweem about freedoms etc but aside from having to wear masks and social distance there is plenty we can do. (aside from going abroad, which is a luxury anyway)

I of course feel massively for people that struggle with mental health issues and really crave normality and hope that this disappointing news doesn't have negative effects.
My problem with this is isn't this what they were supposed to have done this time round and that is wht we had the 21st date
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7940 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:26:43 »

I think they also need to vaccine the 18-30 age group as well before opening up

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7941 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:28:27 »

My problem with this is isn't this what they were supposed to have done this time round and that is wht we had the 21st date

I assume the delta variant has forced the goal posts to be moved? Or is it just being used as an excuse?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7942 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 11:31:19 »

Anyone agreeing with what Darren Grimes has to say or promotes needs to take a good long hard look at themselves, he is an atrocious human being.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7943 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 11:53:55 »

Makes you wonder if the reticence to put the major holiday destination countries on the green list is to keep the money tourists would have spent there in the UK yo boost the economy. It could be the end of cheap flights. Overseas holidays for the rich only and less flights helps reduce pollution.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7944 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 11:57:01 »

There goes my holiday to Kos😡

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #7945 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 12:10:07 »

Anyone agreeing with what Darren Grimes has to say or promotes needs to take a good long hard look at themselves, he is an atrocious human being.

He's also not particularly bright.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7946 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 13:05:25 »

It looked a couple of weeks back like the UK was about 4-5 weeks behind the original vaccination curve of Israel.  If that was the case, and Israel's infection and mortality numbers would be replicated, then that would place that around the 28th, give it a week or two to confirm and you'd be in mid July with solid data to support a full opening.  Israel still gets some infections and deaths, but it is likely they are replacing other causes of death from things such as Pneumonia.  People will eventually die of something.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7947 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 13:58:40 »

I wouldn’t read to much in media speculation. Bojo’s preference would be to come out as planned. Personally I’m looking forward to peoples reactions if the 21st goes ahead as planned. To be back to normal. No more masks and walking around people in supermarkets as if they’ve just dropped their guts. I actually think we’ve reached the point that people will moan whichever way the decision goes.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7948 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 14:24:33 »

If they delay it a couple of weeks to get a few more vaccinated then I can just about accept that, but that should be the only consideration in any extension and a firm target % of population should be set.

The variants shouldn’t come into the decision as whether the vaccine works against it or doesn’t should make no difference to decision making. We’ve always been told that’s the vaccine is the way out of this, if it is effective against the delta variant then it’s all good and if it isn’t then we’ll just have accept it as part of every day life like the flu. There are always going to be new variants and we can’t keep avoiding a return to normality based on what ifs, larger data sets and waiting for new improved vaccines!.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7949 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 15:16:09 »

If they delay it a couple of weeks to get a few more vaccinated then I can just about accept that, but that should be the only consideration in any extension and a firm target % of population should be set.

How many have actually had their initial vaccination now?

I know JQ keeps on bangin on about 18-30 year olds but I read something the other day saying that they are now offering the vaccines to non adults too.

Got to be at around 40m with the first jab? Likely half the population are fully jabbed on top I'd guess? Pretty much got to be getting close to all adults vaccinated (or a least offered/invited) at least once.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: