Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204459 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7965 on: Sunday, June 13, 2021, 21:25:43 »

I agree that's what I suggested they vacinate the 18-30 age group before opening the country up.

Think we’ve passed that point. Watched the football in the pub today and I think the staff gave up trying to manage the numbers because inside it was like watching the last World Cup. Actually made for a decent atmosphere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7966 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 06:34:39 »

Quote from: tans
Kuenssberg reporting 4 week delay from ‘government sources’

now being run on all major news outlets.

They said the date conditional, no point morning about it.

Might be more of a backlash if they extend again into summer
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7967 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 07:26:05 »

As long as things stay the sams as they are now and they dont restrict stuff again for the 4 week period
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7968 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:08:48 »

true.

though Johnson says it's irreversible
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7969 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:09:27 »

As long as things stay the sams as they are now and they dont restrict stuff again for the 4 week period
If they have to they have to! But, it would appear that things are manageable with a pause rather than going backward. In the grand scheme of things, 4 weeks is insignificant.

I must admit, the interview I was taken with over the weekend, was when some young chap was asked his opinion on the delay. He was outraged and couldn't understand why the government were doing this. He said there was no reason that everything should go back to normal being as the number of infections were low and going down - The interviewer had to point out that that they were actually going up.

I was a little shocked that 'anyone' could be under the misapprehension that it was all over - Especially given the incessant TV news and reporting online about Delta variant concerns.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7970 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:09:35 »

got mine on 22nd, which is nice

Mine is a day later. I had booked on the NHS app for the 25th in Northampton, but then by chance called up my local surgery to see when I could get it done with them and they had availability 2 days earlier so happy days. Means I can walk to the surgery rather than schlep over to Northampton and back. (about 10 miles away)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7971 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:15:21 »

This has to be the final 4 weeks now, and like I said the other day they need to give a target % vaccinated number that will allow the restrictions to be removed.

The effectiveness of the vaccine against the delta or any other variant is irrelevant, we were told the vaccine was the way out of this and once enough people have had it then that promise needs to be kept. If it isn’t effective against some variants then that is unfortunate but people can’t be expected to wait around for a revised vaccine as it’ll just become a never ending set of restrictions as variants emerge which shouldn’t be acceptable to no one. One final 4 week delay and after that there is absolutely no excuse not to allow normality to resume!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7972 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:19:23 »

I just had my jab, completely missed the giant exit signs and ended up walking lost around the steam museum afterwards

Not sure I can attribute that to the vaccine, rather than sheer dumbassery

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7973 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:19:56 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
I just had my jab, completely missed the giant exit signs and ended up walking lost around the steam museum afterwards

Not sure I can attribute that to the vaccine, rather than sheer dumbassery

it's not listed in the side effects Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7974 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:23:42 »

This has to be the final 4 weeks now, and like I said the other day they need to give a target % vaccinated number that will allow the restrictions to be removed.

The effectiveness of the vaccine against the delta or any other variant is irrelevant, we were told the vaccine was the way out of this and once enough people have had it then that promise needs to be kept. If it isn’t effective against some variants then that is unfortunate but people can’t be expected to wait around for a revised vaccine as it’ll just become a never ending set of restrictions as variants emerge which shouldn’t be acceptable to no one. One final 4 week delay and after that there is absolutely no excuse not to allow normality to resume!
Patience young man not patients!

Did you not see this:

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7975 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:26:39 »

I think there still has to be an element of caution around the variants. What if in 2 weeks a new variant is discovered that has mutated and now causes 100% of heart failure for example? (I suspect it's highly unlikely however) I do agree with you that there has to be a line drawn and that time comes when all of the adult population has been offered the vaccine.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7976 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:27:40 »

Patience young man not patients!

Did you not see this:

Cases might be high, but hospitalisations could remain low, which is what the Govt was targeting, keeping the NHS from being put under strain.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7977 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:34:49 »

Cases might be high, but hospitalisations could remain low, which is what the Govt was targeting, keeping the NHS from being put under strain.
But isn't the worry that the more infections there are, the more likely there will be mutations, which may eventually render the vaccines ineffective? If that happens we will be back to square one with all of us at risk and no way out.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7978 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:40:29 »

But isn't the worry that the more infections there are, the more likely there will be mutations, which may eventually render the vaccines ineffective? If that happens we will be back to square one with all of us at risk and no way out.

That is a fair point and something I hadn't really properly considered. In all honesty I don't know how easily the virus can and would mutate, but given we have had what 3 large variants so far I guess it's a consideration.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7979 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 08:40:46 »

the issue is that the hospitalisations are rising.

That so far not many with a double dose of vaccine are hospitalised is exactly the point of the delay.

delay = more people being double dosed - + 2/3 weeks it takes to become effective, over 50s have only just been done.

it'll also give time for better data on how many vaccinated are becoming hospitalised.
----
But it's right. we have to live with it sooner rather than later
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: