Pages: 1 ... 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188217 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9315 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 17:20:50 »

If you are sick you are sick
Hunk

« Reply #9316 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 17:21:59 »

Two positive LFT for me now - so a PCR on its way.

I feel like I've got a bit of flu, tired, low energy, feeling dizzy (which is not like flu)

Important question is: Given I work from home, and I'm triple vaccinated, how much sick leave can I claim before people think I'm taking the piss?

All I hear is how mild Omicron is. I feel like shite!

At its worst I found omnicron as bad as delta. Difference was the worse was shorter
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9317 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 18:01:50 »

Quote from: Moss
Two positive LFT for me now - so a PCR on its way.

I feel like I've got a bit of flu, tired, low energy, feeling dizzy (which is not like flu)

Important question is: Given I work from home, and I'm triple vaccinated, how much sick leave can I claim before people think I'm taking the piss?

All I hear is how mild Omicron is. I feel like shite!

mild means less people end up in hospital or dead. But not no people.

agree with Tans, if you're ill you're ill. take as long as you need
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9318 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 19:07:21 »

I tested positive on Sunday. Don't really have any symptoms now apart from being tired. I only had my booster 4 weeks ago so I guess that helps.

The wife has so far remained negative, although I'm wondering whether she was the vector because prior to this week she's not been testing as regularly.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #9319 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 19:15:49 »

Its been coming in waves - just when I think I'm over it my head spins and I have zero energy. Weird feeling.

Feel very lucky to be 3x vaccinated and able to moan on here about it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9320 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 08:50:59 »

Has anyone had all the symptoms of covid but the lat flow tests come back negative, only to get a positive pcr test? Feel like shit at the moment, headache, cough, wheezing, loss of taste and appetite.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9321 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:08:38 »

Has anyone had all the symptoms of covid but the lat flow tests come back negative, only to get a positive pcr test? Feel like shit at the moment, headache, cough, wheezing, loss of taste and appetite.

Not personally, but that's par for the course, that's why they don't (or at least didn't - fuck knows these days) recommend LFT's if you have symptoms as they are not particularly accurate.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #9322 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 00:01:16 »

Did you swab your throat with the LFT or just nose?

My place of work swapped from the long, throat & nose swabs to short, nose-only ones a few months ago. I had Covid approx. 3 weeks ago - went for a PCR on a hunch as I was working in the same room as approx. 6 people who had then tested positive. The same day I got the positive PCR, I did another LFT and it was negative - there seems to be a lag. In the middle of my isoaltion period I swabbed my throat only, and nose only. Nose came back negative, throat positive.

I had no symptoms at the beginning, then, after a day or two, a cold, followed by a chesty cough as the cold went away. I felt fine though, the kind of cold/cough that I would still go to work with. I'm now left with a bit of a chesty/phlegmy cough that seems to be going away slowly. The worst I've felt in the whole time was yesterday when I went to work, had a really sore throat, then slept basically from 4pm until 7am.

It's been a good reason to stop smoking. Might start again once the chest clears though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9323 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 09:14:29 »

Did you swab your throat with the LFT or just nose?

My place of work swapped from the long, throat & nose swabs to short, nose-only ones a few months ago. I had Covid approx. 3 weeks ago - went for a PCR on a hunch as I was working in the same room as approx. 6 people who had then tested positive. The same day I got the positive PCR, I did another LFT and it was negative - there seems to be a lag. In the middle of my isoaltion period I swabbed my throat only, and nose only. Nose came back negative, throat positive.

I had no symptoms at the beginning, then, after a day or two, a cold, followed by a chesty cough as the cold went away. I felt fine though, the kind of cold/cough that I would still go to work with. I'm now left with a bit of a chesty/phlegmy cough that seems to be going away slowly. The worst I've felt in the whole time was yesterday when I went to work, had a really sore throat, then slept basically from 4pm until 7am.

It's been a good reason to stop smoking. Might start again once the chest clears though.

There has been some informal testing of the LFT's. A scientist guy on twitter tested negative with the nose only one but followed that with a positive PCR. So for his own interest he tested with the nose only LFT (from the same box) but also swabbed his throat at the same time as you do with the other ones and in that case it came back positive, suggesting (as many scientists always suspected) that moving to the nose only tests immediately reduced the number of positive LFT's as the throat is a much better environment to get a sample from.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9324 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 17:14:58 »

John Toshak not great

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60545590
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9325 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 17:21:49 »

That’s not good at all. Especially if he has had three jabs.. I don’t know about anyone on here but I do know a number of you have had it, before jabs, after one, after two and after three jabs. For me I’m into day three after three jabs. Ok, I’m a bit overweight, I have had my little coronary run in and I am soon to be 61. That said I have always considered myself healthy in as much as rarely a winter sniffle. But this bastard has knocked me for six and I know I will get over it shortly. If I hadn’t had the jabs I reckon I’d be fucked royally.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9326 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 17:25:34 »

Hope you read on the mend soon LL. I had mine in November when I was due my booster jab. Like you it knocked me back and I suffered with a dry cough for ages and even now haven't got my full taste & smell back. Had my booster in mid December and that also made me ill for a couple of days.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9327 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 17:35:13 »

I'm nearly better, got it in October after 2 jabs. had 3 now. if it gets you it gets you Sad

one thing, I still can't smell farts. which takes away the pleasure of inflicting it on others
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9328 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 17:36:56 »

I'm nearly better, got it in October after 2 jabs. had 3 now. if it gets you it gets you Sad

one thing, I still can't smell farts. which takes away the pleasure of inflicting it on others

It's still nice to let one go and walk away and let someone else take the blame!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9329 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 18:02:30 »

I have my taste and smell.
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: