Pages: 1 ... 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1202263 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #9270 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 18:37:23 »

STV at the 2019 General Election would have led to 88% of voters living in a constituency represented by their first choice party.  FPTP gave us only 55%

Let's not pretend a system in which 60% of voters didn't vote for the government it's democratic. The winning party is irrelevant, it's simply a failed system.

Yes but STV was also not the option offered in the 2011 referendum. Only an undefined alternative vote was. And you can get your life they'd have used the secondary vote system they use for elected majors.I

I'm not saying FPTP isn't shit. But if I'm replacing it I want a properly proportional replacement. I could live with the STV and supplementary party list system they use in Scotland, but ideally I'd go the whole hog and change the entire system.

1 An elected head of state - Seriously one skiing accident 30 hrs ago and we'd be risking king Andrew ffs. Limited role though - no presidential powers - sits in the upper chamber not the legislature.
2 Elected upper chamber using STV. Use this as the constituency based representatives and lift constituents businesses from the MPS
3 Fully PR legislature

Add a written constitution and rules of accountability that don't have reports on ministers transgressions being reported and considered by the transgressors themelves.

..never go back.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #9271 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 18:44:11 »

Yes but STV was also not the option offered in the 2011 referendum. Only an undefined alternative vote was. And you can get your life they'd have used the secondary vote system they use for elected majors.I

I'm not saying FPTP isn't shit. But if I'm replacing it I want a properly proportional replacement. I could live with the STV and supplementary party list system they use in Scotland, but ideally I'd go the whole hog and change the entire system.

1 An elected head of state - Seriously one skiing accident 30 hrs ago and we'd be risking king Andrew ffs. Limited role though - no presidential powers - sits in the upper chamber not the legislature.
2 Elected upper chamber using STV. Use this as the constituency based representatives and lift constituents businesses from the MPS
3 Fully PR legislature

Add a written constitution and rules of accountability that don't have reports on ministers transgressions being reported and considered by the transgressors themelves.

Indeed. FPTP is like a shit sandwich.  AV was like they'd scraped the shit out, but given you back the bread.

What would be your preference to STV?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9272 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 20:27:46 »

Indeed. FPTP is like a shit sandwich.  AV was like they'd scraped the shit out, but given you back the bread.

What would be your preference to STV?

Labour didn’t squeal the FPTP was a bad thing when that cunt Bliar sweep all before him did he? As I said if you’re in the driving seat with FPTP then there is no need to even think about any other system.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9273 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 20:32:46 »

no motivation for the major parties to change it. agreed.

As a voter I'm stuck of my vote ultimately being pointless.

I don't have any particular party loyalty. But I do know what I don't want right now. so I'm forced into wasting my vote, spoiling my vote or voting tactically.

that said, assuming a single party got in under PR would things be different. probably not
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9274 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 20:51:30 »

Transfer Rumours people, keep on topic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9275 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 20:52:28 »

omicron on a free to half the population
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #9276 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 22:57:14 »

Labour didn’t squeal the FPTP was a bad thing when that cunt Bliar sweep all before him did he? As I said if you’re in the driving seat with FPTP then there is no need to even think about any other system.

It's a shit system, no matter who gets elected as a result.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9277 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 07:38:07 »

It's a shit system, no matter who gets elected as a result.

I disagree, the voting system works fine, it is the shite that gets elected that is the problem. Next is the central  government and local government machines.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9278 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 08:27:50 »

What's all this shite? Is coronavirus finished?
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #9279 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 08:35:38 »

I did test as negative today so maybe it is all over
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9280 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 08:57:19 »

What's all this shite? Is coronavirus finished?

As the mask rules have gone and care homes opening apparently so.

In other unrelated news we have all had to test this morning as now a close relative we saw at the weekend has it, and its rampaging through all the schools round here!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9281 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:13:20 »

Middle child tested positive yesterday and confirmed by PCR this morning.

The rest of us in the house are still negative, but it'll only be a matter of time now I'm sure.

Glad to be getting it out of the way tbh.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9282 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:24:25 »

Middle child tested positive yesterday and confirmed by PCR this morning.

The rest of us in the house are still negative, but it'll only be a matter of time now I'm sure.

Glad to be getting it out of the way tbh.

Do you still have to confirm a LFT with a PCR, the rules seem to change by the hour at the sodding moment.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9283 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:29:23 »

No you don't, but the school still asked us to get one done. I decided I may as well get tested too, but mine was negative.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9284 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:33:51 »

No you don't, but the school still asked us to get one done. I decided I may as well get tested too, but mine was negative.

Ah, makes sense. Not sure amusingly is the word, but amusingly literally minutes after Johnson announced the relaxation of everything last week we had a letter from school tightening things up again so if anyone in the house tests positive they don't want any kids from the house in for 5 days and only after a negative LFT on day 5!
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: