Pages: 1 ... 846 847 848 [849] 850 851 852 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011547 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #12720 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 09:55:52 »

If it is the "policy" of any government (left or right) to:

1. use hyperbolic language directed at vulnerable minorities (that here sees mobs gathering outside UK Travelodges in 2023, regardless of 1930s Germany) or

2. propose legislation knowing it has a better than even chance of breaking international law and treaty terms (see Russia etc)

then I'd kind of expect most of the world of international Sport to oppose such so-called "policy".

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 09:57:57 by RedRag » Logged
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #12721 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:08:23 »

I agree with those who consider his comments to be unnecessarily offensive - he could have made the same point very differently, avoiding the nasty slur on the Home secretary as a person. It`s a shame BBC employees didn`t rush to the defence of Michael Vaughan subject to an appalling lack of due process.

An alternative view....and one I don`t expect will get any support of this forum.

Bathtime
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12722 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:20:38 »

I agree with those who consider his comments to be unnecessarily offensive - he could have made the same point very differently, avoiding the nasty slur on the Home secretary as a person. It`s a shame BBC employees didn`t rush to the defence of Michael Vaughan subject to an appalling lack of due process.

An alternative view....and one I don`t expect will get any support of this forum.

What specifically has he said that is a slur on Braverman? Quite possible I've missed something but all I can see if him describing a speech she gave as 'beyond awful' which whilst clearly criticism doesn't seem like it would be what you're referring to as a slur?

Michael Vaughan is an interesting parallel actually, but not for the reasons you suggest - he's put out a fair few political tweets over the years without ever being removed from BBC cricket coverage. The stuff he has actually been removed over has nothing to do with Twitter, and is a much longer conversation not for this thread.

Meanwhile, the BBC fallout seems to be snowballing, getting to the point where essentially all their sports coverage this weekend is going to have to be canned. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision, it's been appallingly handled and whoever is doing their PR needs a serious talking to!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12723 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 12:08:17 »

Fighting Talk was replaced by a podcast on Five Live.  Sports coverage also been replaced by a repeat of a podcast.

This is a volley from 40 yard into the top corner own goal from the BBC.

Never knowingly overstated.
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #12724 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 14:27:15 »

Your Daily Mail perspective is duly noted.
A 'nasty slur' implies that the critic is a) aiming there opinion directly at the person and b) that the accusation/argument is untrue. Neither apply here. Your Michael Vaughan analogy is, also, completely spurious and the whole reason this debate is raging is down to the breathtaking double standards at the BBC. We should all be deeply concerned by creeping bias that has been allowed to infest the BBC, our brilliantly 'independent' broadcasting corporation is now little more than a 24 hour apologist for this rotten to the core regime.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12725 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 16:34:41 »

MOTD to be 20 minutes, no pundits or commentary as they dont have access to the world rights
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12726 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 16:35:24 »

MOTD to be 20 minutes, no pundits or commentary as they dont have access to the world rights

I want a refund on my TV licence😀

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12727 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:21:33 »

SdM set to leave Town end of the season and said to be announced as Head of PR for BBC...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #12728 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 21:24:20 »

I never post on politics, but I've had ten pints so who gives a fuck.

At the end of the day if the post had been praising the home secretary or the policy, would he have been suspended?

My guess is that he wouldn't have been, nor would I be wasting time posting shit on here. 
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #12729 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 22:45:28 »

I thought tonight’s motd was better than the drivel which Linekar,  Ian Wright and co produce. Add commentary to the games and manager interview after the game and the bbc are onto a winner.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12730 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 23:11:19 »

I thought tonight’s motd was better than the drivel which Linekar,  Ian Wright and co produce. Add commentary to the games and manager interview after the game and the bbc are onto a winner.

I'd have left it exactly as it was tonight. Perfection for me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12731 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 23:13:18 »

Agree.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #12732 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 23:30:09 »

Never thought I would say it but the programme was far better without the studio team
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12733 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 23:33:14 »

I find a lot of football analysis is a complete waste of time and just stating the obvious.

It was a thought I had earlier listening to Fjortoft who manages to be insightful and make you think more about the tactics unfolding.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12734 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 09:10:03 »

I find a lot of football analysis is a complete waste of time and just stating the obvious.

It was a thought I had earlier listening to Fjortoft who manages to be insightful and make you think more about the tactics unfolding.
This absolutely and Shearer is king of the bleeding obvious with Micah Richards the heir apparent

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 848 [849] 850 851 852 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: