Pages: 1 ... 844 845 846 [847] 848 849 850 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011829 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12690 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:05:02 »

Who's a little tory shit ex footballer.

Frank Lampard's big break I reckon.

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12691 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:07:05 »

I think the program needs refreshing with new presenters laura woods would be fine😀

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12692 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:12:10 »

Honestly though punditry has become,for me, the biggest bore in football. Highly paid "failed" or "never been" managers who just relate what you've already seen,among little chummy so called jokes, which all seems to last longer than the actual game footage.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12693 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:15:53 »

It's only biased if it's not inline with the government's latest distraction.

Like or loathe Lineker, he's right to stand his ground in my opinion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557
No, he's not. As others have said, its okay for him to have that opinion, but its not okay for him to use his position at the BBC to express his personal opinions and try to influence others.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12694 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:16:10 »

I'm with you pundits bore me and can't remember the last time I watched MOTD and if I'm watching a live game I turn it on as the game starts.

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12695 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:18:00 »

The thing is when you work for a public service broadcaster you cannot express these views: whether they are anti or pro the government of the day.

A public service broadcaster has to be impartial
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but when you have had Alan Sugar wading into Mick Lynch about the rail strikes without any sanction, Andrew Neil fronting a lot of political coverage whilst tweeting divisive stuff from The Spectator without sanction it looks a bit odd.

Fwiw it would be brill, as the option's seem to be diminishing rapidly, if they put on a full female panel tomorrow just to piss a few more people off.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #12696 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:26:45 »

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but when you have had Alan Sugar wading into Mick Lynch about the rail strikes without any sanction, Andrew Neil fronting a lot of political coverage whilst tweeting divisive stuff from The Spectator without sanction it looks a bit odd.

Fwiw it would be brill, as the option's seem to be diminishing rapidly, if they put on a full female panel tomorrow just to piss a few more people off.

It should apply to everyone if they work for a public service broadcaster- no bias either for or against the govt of the day
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12697 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:44:10 »

No, he's not. As others have said, its okay for him to have that opinion, but its not okay for him to use his position at the BBC to express his personal opinions and try to influence others.

You're right, it would be unreasonable for him to say any of this stuff on MOTD, or in any formal BBC capacity. Which he hasn't.

Extending that to not having any public political opinions in their personal life would make every BBC employee equivalent to Royalty which seems a bit unsustainable.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12698 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:45:35 »

Who's a little tory shit ex footballer.

Frank Lampard's big break I reckon.

Eni Aluko is a Tory, I'm sure the angry folk on Twitter would welcome her in on loan...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12699 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:05:26 »

Eni Aluko is a Tory, I'm sure the angry folk on Twitter would welcome her in on loan...
Perhaps with Sol Campbell.
Barry Scott

« Reply #12700 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:14:16 »

As Horlock eluded to, you can find examples of people working at the BBC berating Mick Lynch, or Corbyn or any number of things, not a peep from anyone in power or the BBC.

Lineker talks about the government's treatment of immigrants and we've got various politicians wading in and getting all billy pompous bollocks.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #12701 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:24:45 »

He’s not using his position at the BBC. He’s highlighting what an absolute bunch of cunts this “government” is, to people who voluntarily choose to follow him.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #12702 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:28:53 »

He’s not using his position at the BBC. He’s highlighting what an absolute bunch of cunts this “government” is, to people who voluntarily choose to follow him.

He works for a public service broadcaster - therefore he is not allowed to express anti government or pro government views.
I really don’t see how this is so difficult to grasp.

I would say exactly the same if he said pro govt views
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12703 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:32:07 »

Unless he says somethig on air, it really boils down to what the rules are on people who work for the BBC, doesn't it?

I'd be surprised if they're not allowed to publicly state a political opinion ever even off air, because if that's the case Linkear would have been taken off MOTD a long time ago, along with numerous others.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12704 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:32:59 »

He works for a public service broadcaster - therefore he is not allowed to express anti government or pro government views.
I really don’t see how this is so difficult to grasp.

I would say exactly the same if he said pro govt views

Even off air?

He's said a shit ton of political stuff before. Why the up roar now?
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 846 [847] 848 849 850 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: