Pages: 1 ... 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996831 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12030 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:23:43 »

You didn't live in Swindon  Smiley

Inflation rate in Spain 6.7%, UK 5.4% (2021)

Projected inflation rate end 2022 as per said countries national banks.

Spain 7.5%
UK 10%

Summink is going wrong over here?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12031 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:24:43 »

yes, conservatives lose Haydon Wick
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12032 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:26:24 »

Be interested to see how they come to those projected figures
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12033 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:33:38 »

Be interested to see how they come to those projected figures

I am sure if you contact the BAnk of Spain they would be delighted to take you through their working.

OTOH I suspect much as with most of Europe their energy prices have not gone up as much as us, and their government are not deliberately strangling their own economy?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12034 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 16:26:14 »

I lived in old town, not that it's any of your business 🙂

But telling us why you left is?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12035 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 16:37:13 »

Projected inflation rate end 2022 as per said countries national banks.

Spain 7.5%
UK 10%

Summink is going wrong over here?

Depends how you measure it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12036 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 15:10:23 »

I see the Labour leadership (Starmer & Rayner) have gone all in on the partygate stuff, both publicly stating they will resign if fined by Durham police over what do, on the face of it, look like pretty weak charges compared to the nonsense going on in Downing St.

That said, it would objectively be hilarious if the only people who ended up resigning over breaches of Covid regulations were Allegra Stratton, who didn't go to the party she resigned over, and Keir Starmer, who I suspect hasn't been to a party since 1997.

Politics can be very silly sometimes. It would be fun if it wasn't serious.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12037 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 15:21:42 »

Saying he'll resign is win/win for Labour. It positions the party as trustworthy as compared to the current shower. It's highly unlikely he'll have to actually resign.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12038 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 15:48:20 »

No winners in this affair, however, what makes it worse for Starmer and Raynor et al is the hysteria, posturing and grandstanding over party gate or whatever you choose to call the shit storm in No.10. It is in a way similar to a thuggish tackle in football that deserves a red card, the player fouled is seen to be a worse offender for retaliating, thus I fear the same kind of ‘punishment’ if you will would befall Starmer. I take no joy in seeing him fall on his sword if indeed he has to and does. I’ve said all along that what went on in No.10 was happening all over the country in all walks of life in all industries and at all levels of society.

Two wrongs as we know do not make a right but people in glass houses should not throw stones.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 9, 2022, 16:13:10 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12039 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 15:56:19 »

Saying he'll resign is win/win for Labour. It positions the party as trustworthy as compared to the current shower. It's highly unlikely he'll have to actually resign.

Oh indeed, once again rather playing the long game. This is actually quite interesting as its delves through the bollocks the Mail have been perpetuating.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12040 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 16:32:48 »

Being the LEADER of the country you are tasked with doing so by the electorate is different to being a normal citizen. Vastly so. If examples set by the incumbent PM is seen as "fair game" and fine to do/behave like then it is no wonder regular citizens will feel it is ok to act like a cock as well.

Starmer saying he'll resign is fine as he will probably never get voted in to lead the country. It's showing he at least has the bollocks to take responsibility. At the same time it makes Johnson look even more of a cunt for not taking any responsibility until absolutely pushed - even then still not really taking responsibility.

I don't know any half decent business in the world where a CEO, Director, Partner or so on would still be in their position if they did just 1/8th (no pun) of the stuff Johnson has and continues to do. They'd be gone long ago.

Public appetite appears to be accepting of perpetual "9 day wonders" and I have no idea when this continued silliness will end. The level of professionalism in Westminster is a fucking low bar right now. There is probably the very real prospect of The Monster Raving Loony Party winning a seat or Count Binface actually becoming MoL.

This quote will always make me laugh just for the pure irony:

"Boris Johnson 'despises' Keir Starmer and thinks he 'is part of a privileged, metropolitan, narrow-minded elite'."  Hmmm

The UK isn't just a laughing stock or a Banana Republic - it's a Jester Republic.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #12041 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 19:29:13 »

To say they will resign if fined is completely disingenuous.

They won’t get a FPN even if they broke any rules, as Durham Police have a policy of not issuing fines/fixed penalty notices retrospectively. They didn’t issue one to Dominic Cummings so don’t see how they can to Starmer.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12042 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 19:40:01 »

To say they will resign if fined is completely disingenuous.

They won’t get a FPN even if they broke any rules, as Durham Police have a policy of not issuing fines/fixed penalty notices retrospectively. They didn’t issue one to Dominic Cummings so don’t see how they can to Starmer.

He’s a fucking lawyer, if true he knows that or should.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #12043 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 19:44:21 »

He’s a fucking lawyer, if true he knows that or should.

Indeed he does that’s why he said he will resign if he gets one because he knows full well he won’t
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12044 on: Monday, May 9, 2022, 19:46:41 »

police policy can change
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: