Pages: 1 ... 799 800 801 [802] 803 804 805 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996377 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12015 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:52:46 »

Boris is a bullshitting lying cunt who will get away with it. The Tories will be in full protection mode  now. Don't forget the modus operandi has been lie and deny. I'd also charge these cunts with wasting police time. I'd also want the met investigated. They saw offences and either ignored them or referred it up to be ignored.

Considering the extent of bullshitting that has gone on from various Tory sources regarding this, when do perverting the course of justice charges rear their head?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12016 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:55:30 »

Quote from: tans
Johnson and Sunak fined for breaching lockdown rules

Positions untenable now surely?

holy shit
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12017 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:58:52 »

holy shit
The papal poo?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12018 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 13:00:42 »

Nothing will happen.  Johnson has broken the link between conduct in office and accountability.  He'll waffle & obfuscate, and then wait for it to blow over.

Clever politics from his team as well...leaking the Sunak stories last week.  The only people able to remove him from office before 2024 are Tory MPs.  And with Sunak off the replacement menu, what they will need to weigh up is how much (or otherwise) they want Liz Truss as PM.  Johnson's calculation will be that they won't.  Another reason that nothing will happen.  Dark times.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #12019 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 13:01:54 »

Considering the extent of bullshitting that has gone on from various Tory sources regarding this, when do perverting the course of justice charges rear their head?
The bad news is it will be the met police looking at charges and Boris had them in his pocket when that useless bint dick was in charge. There has to be a case for perverting the course of justice. Obstruction as a minimum. Lie and deny.
They can't even use misunderstanding the rules and ignorance is no defence.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12020 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 13:08:05 »

Nothing will happen.  Johnson has broken the link between conduct in office and accountability.  He'll waffle & obfuscate, and then wait for it to blow over.

Clever politics from his team as well...leaking the Sunak stories last week.  The only people able to remove him from office before 2024 are Tory MPs.  And with Sunak off the replacement menu, what they will need to weigh up is how much (or otherwise) they want Liz Truss as PM.  Johnson's calculation will be that they won't.  Another reason that nothing will happen.  Dark times.

Thing is someone was briefing against Truss before all the Sunak stuff kicked off, so who has the clear cupboard of skeletons and is acceptable to those who know where the dirt lies. Polling suggests that brand Johnson was pretty tarnished even before the events of the last hour.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12021 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 13:19:44 »

Fines released whilst parliament isn't sitting is convenient in terms of any chance of them actually going, but will probably mean little else in the media for a few days. I don't know how it will go down really, I can't imagine anyone was really waiting for the police to tell them that the rules were obviously being broken but maybe there were.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #12022 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 14:13:21 »

Crispin Blunt, serving MP of Reigate, calling  a 'miscarriage of justice' in Imran Khan's conviction of assaulting a 15 year old boy

https://www.blunt4reigate.com/news/statement-conviction-imran-ahmad-khan-mp

"I am utterly appalled and distraught at the dreadful miscarriage of justice that has befallen my friend and colleague Imran Ahmad Khan, MP for Wakefield since December 2019.  His conviction today is nothing short of an international scandal, with dreadful wider implications for millions of LGBT+ muslims around the world.

I sat through some of the trial. The conduct of this case relied on lazy tropes about LGBT+ people that we might have thought we had put behind us decades ago.

As a former Justice Minister I was prepared to testify about the truly extraordinary sequence of events that has resulted in Imran being put through this nightmare start to his Parliamentary career.  

I hope for the return of Imran Ahmad Khan to the public service that has exemplified his life to date. Any other outcome will be a stain on our reputation for justice, and an appalling own goal by Britain as we try to take a lead in reversing the Victorian era prejudice that still disfigures too much of the global statute book."
-------------
even if it is a miscarriage of justice, is this really ok.

and right now there is nothing to say this is a miscarriage of justice
Respected him for coming out, previously.

But as a father to a son (now well into his 20s), I'm not sure that what's been quoted at least is particularly re-assuring.

The Partygate will have been a handy "dead cat" for him.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12023 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 11:56:59 »

There are a few other things going on in politics, but there are local elections this week.

Now I'm north of the border, pretty much all party political leaflets come down to pro or anti-independence and therefore pro or anti-SNP, so I wasn't particularly surprised to receive a Tory leaflet (in sort of mauve, and not mentioning the word Conservative anywhere prominent) imploring me to vote against the SNP candidates in my area... except that in Orkney, only the Greens stand as candidates and every other councillor is an independent. I do enjoy the absolute shonkiness of all the home-printed independent candidates leaflets.

It's a slightly strange world the collision of local and national politics. Never really got my head around it, but apparently neither have the politicians. Should be a tough week for our benevolent leader though, so that's something.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12024 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 12:37:52 »

No idea what's going on round here, its odd, we have had literally nothing from any of the main party candidates (even just pushed through the door), the only person who has ben active seems to be an ex LD Councillor who was not chosen this time and is running as an independent.

As we are voting for a shadow Council anyway no idea what the outcome will be, albeit from a small review of what is being said in local Facebook groups and comments on stories in the local rags I cannot see the Tories doing very well, which seems quite a change in less than 3 years.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12025 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 09:25:57 »

Highest death toll in Europe from covid
Endless parties and breaking of covid rules
Cost of living rocketing , nothing being done
Misled parliament and lie after lie

Conservatives hold Swindon

And you wonder why I left
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12026 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 09:58:35 »

not all the seats were up for grabs this time.

that means they only need to hold 2 seats to retain control.

not saying the result would be different if all seats were available anyway mind
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12027 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:02:00 »

Highest death toll in Europe from covid
Endless parties and breaking of covid rules
Cost of living rocketing , nothing being done
Misled parliament and lie after lie

Conservatives hold Swindon

And you wonder why I left

You didn't live in Swindon  Smiley

Inflation rate in Spain 6.7%, UK 5.4% (2021)
« Last Edit: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:05:18 by 4D » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12028 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:04:40 »

You didn't live in Swindon  Smiley

I lived in old town, not that it's any of your business 🙂
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #12029 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:13:28 »

I lived in old town, not that it's any of your business 🙂

Well you don't no more and I don't wonder why you left.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 801 [802] 803 804 805 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: