Pages: 1 ... 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2016799 times)
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #12000 on: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 12:54:54 »

Unless she is regarded as a chattel of rishys like going back in time then she shouldn't really come into play. I thought the world had moved on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12001 on: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 13:24:35 »

Unless she is regarded as a chattel of rishys like going back in time then she shouldn't really come into play. I thought the world had moved on.

Again I don't disagree with the sentiment, albeit it rather dispels the one rule for all shtick and instead reinforces one rule for the rich and another for the plebs, if it remains a non-justified answer for a benefit claimant to state when the forms asks what their spouse earns to reply 'none of your fucking business'.  Wink
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 13:27:48 by horlock07 » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12002 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 10:49:10 »

What about the man himself being declared a permanent US resident?

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12003 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 11:38:02 »

Got to feel for him, he's not considered a "significant link to the UK"

Fuck me, I'm sure if a bloke said this to his wife he'd find his bollocks in the fridge in the morning.

As has been said, it further justifies the "One rule for us, but a different one for them"

PS  I did see someone ask the question if you were registering for benefits and asked the question about your spouse's income whether a "Mind your own Business" defence would be acceptable Cheesy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12004 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 15:47:30 »

What about the man himself being declared a permanent US resident?

That is... quite the thing. Given up in October last year, by which point he'd been an MP for six years and the second highest ranking member of HM Government for 18 months. Not a great look.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12005 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 17:26:47 »

I'm happy to join a Tory bashing when it is needed, but what does the Perm Residency bit have to do with anything?  It simply grants the holder a right of entry and residence, plus the ballache of owing taxes even if you leave the country and earn elsewhere for a bit but don't go through the necessary hoops.

It most certainly doesn't give you a conflict of interest - A Perm Resident cannot vote in the vast majority of elections bar some local ones, depending on the State.  I see an article mentioning some sort of Pledge, maybe they've got a little mixed up with Naturalisation and becoming a USA Citizen?

If anything, retaining the Perm Residency status after moving back to the UK is a financial burden to the holder as they have to file a tax return in the USA still but get nothing in return.  The only benefit Sunak would have gained is going down the quick queue at immigration when visiting the USA.  He certainly was not beholden to USA Govt policy, nor influenced by it.

I just find that line all a bit odd.  In fact, if his wife was a Perm Resident as stated, it meant she WOULD have likely had to pay tax in the USA.  If anything he could probably pinch the tax thing for the UK (please don't though, rather not pay any more).
« Last Edit: Friday, April 8, 2022, 17:31:30 by RobertT » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12006 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 04:51:26 »

Should the man who’s job is to manage the finances of this country have permanent right of residency elsewhere?

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12007 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 07:05:07 »

I just don’t see how that makes a jot of difference, tbh. How would it affect his job as chancellor?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12008 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 14:49:04 »

Exactly.  When part of the EU we all had right of residency to lots of Countries.  USA perm residency is less of a right than that was.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12009 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 21:56:11 »

Crispin Blunt, serving MP of Reigate, calling  a 'miscarriage of justice' in Imran Khan's conviction of assaulting a 15 year old boy

https://www.blunt4reigate.com/news/statement-conviction-imran-ahmad-khan-mp

"I am utterly appalled and distraught at the dreadful miscarriage of justice that has befallen my friend and colleague Imran Ahmad Khan, MP for Wakefield since December 2019.  His conviction today is nothing short of an international scandal, with dreadful wider implications for millions of LGBT+ muslims around the world.

I sat through some of the trial. The conduct of this case relied on lazy tropes about LGBT+ people that we might have thought we had put behind us decades ago.

As a former Justice Minister I was prepared to testify about the truly extraordinary sequence of events that has resulted in Imran being put through this nightmare start to his Parliamentary career.  

I hope for the return of Imran Ahmad Khan to the public service that has exemplified his life to date. Any other outcome will be a stain on our reputation for justice, and an appalling own goal by Britain as we try to take a lead in reversing the Victorian era prejudice that still disfigures too much of the global statute book."
-------------
even if it is a miscarriage of justice, is this really ok.

and right now there is nothing to say this is a miscarriage of justice
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #12010 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 08:05:51 »

Crispin Blunt, serving MP of Reigate, calling  a 'miscarriage of justice' in Imran Khan's conviction of assaulting a 15 year old boy

https://www.blunt4reigate.com/news/statement-conviction-imran-ahmad-khan-mp

"I am utterly appalled and distraught at the dreadful miscarriage of justice that has befallen my friend and colleague Imran Ahmad Khan, MP for Wakefield since December 2019.  His conviction today is nothing short of an international scandal, with dreadful wider implications for millions of LGBT+ muslims around the world.

I sat through some of the trial. The conduct of this case relied on lazy tropes about LGBT+ people that we might have thought we had put behind us decades ago.

As a former Justice Minister I was prepared to testify about the truly extraordinary sequence of events that has resulted in Imran being put through this nightmare start to his Parliamentary career.  

I hope for the return of Imran Ahmad Khan to the public service that has exemplified his life to date. Any other outcome will be a stain on our reputation for justice, and an appalling own goal by Britain as we try to take a lead in reversing the Victorian era prejudice that still disfigures too much of the global statute book."
-------------
even if it is a miscarriage of justice, is this really ok.

and right now there is nothing to say this is a miscarriage of justice
Now retracted and he's stood down from an all party group on LGBTQ+ rights.
What a total bellend.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12011 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:08:01 »

Now retracted and he's stood down from an all party group on LGBTQ+ rights.
What a total bellend.

He has quite the playbook.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12012 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:36:23 »

retracted = ordered to do so!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12013 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:36:39 »

Johnson and Sunak fined for breaching lockdown rules

Positions untenable now surely?
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #12014 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:42:29 »

Johnson and Sunak fined for breaching lockdown rules

Positions untenable now surely?
Boris is a bullshitting lying cunt who will get away with it. The Tories will be in full protection mode  now. Don't forget the modus operandi has been lie and deny. I'd also charge these cunts with wasting police time. I'd also want the met investigated. They saw offences and either ignored them or referred it up to be ignored.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: