Pages: 1 ... 796 797 798 [799] 800 801 802 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2016265 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11970 on: Thursday, March 24, 2022, 04:26:55 »

Good point you make about the market being flooded with extra properties due to the government squeezing investors. Another factor could be the steady in crease interest rates which will affect Morgate payments across the board.

So, give no fucks
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #11971 on: Thursday, March 24, 2022, 05:42:35 »

Buy to let investors have been squeezed by the government. This, allied to the prospect of many tenants defaulting on their loans, may see a flood of houses dumped on the market.

‘On the other hand, a third of homes are now owned by investors rather than owner-occupiers – and the regulatory and taxation environment for them is becoming increasingly hostile. George Osborne began to discourage buy-to-let investment with a three percent surcharge for properties bought as anything other than a main home. Since then, the government has withdrawn tax advantages and piled on costs for investors. Now, landlords are steadily being forced to upgrade the Energy Performance Rating of their properties before being allowed to let them – which could land investors with bills of tens of thousands of pounds in the worst cases. So, might investors be inclined to get out of property, dumping huge numbers of homes on the market?’

This could be a deciding factor… I had taken my comments in isolation to the current factors - build in a historic trend of reduced benefits then cashing out may be attractive - especially if the portfolio is through a limited company and can attract entrepreneurs relief on the profits by closing the company once the houses are sold.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #11972 on: Thursday, March 24, 2022, 12:09:24 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862933

That was a sick burn (as the kids say, I think) at the beginning. You could see it stung too
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #11973 on: Thursday, March 24, 2022, 14:01:34 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862933

That was a sick burn (as the kids say, I think) at the beginning. You could see it stung too
A direct example of where the UK minimum wage resulted in job losses with a non-uk owned company. PLC’s primary objective is to satisfy the shareholders… employees are just an overhead and law is just an obstacle to that cause
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #11974 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 13:08:10 »

Bye bye Sarpong. They kept that quiet,
The same week Channel Four get a warning shot across their bows. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #11975 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 15:40:06 »

CULTURE WARRRRRRS

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #11976 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 15:41:27 »

The Channel 4 thing is retarded, especially when you see it's Nadine 'thick as mince' Dorries leading the charge. She's fucking dangerous.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11977 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 16:10:31 »

The Channel 4 thing is retarded, especially when you see it's Nadine 'thick as mince' Dorries leading the charge. She's fucking dangerous.

That's a bit hard on mince.

All they have left is Culture War, note no one was talking about Covid fines once poor old tiddles was thrown on the table, part of the Orbanisation of the country, you criticise the divine leader you pays the consequences.

Thing is C4 costs the taxpayer nothing, Dorries on the other hand gets a fair old whack from us.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11978 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 16:57:34 »

remeber when Dorries paid her own daughters to do work for her, money that came out the public purse..

that was a funny old time

or that time she fucked off to do I'm a celebrity while being an elected MP.

she's  thick hypocritical scum.

I don't think C4 was down to her though. She's just the dumb mouth piece
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #11979 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 18:35:20 »

Is there anything going on with petrol where you are?

My 2 local stations have either been shut due to no fuel, or had big queues the last couple of days. Today Sainsburys had some again and I filled up with 1/10 of the tank to go. Asked the cashier what was going on and she said, "protestors have blocked the terminals", and that they were keeping it out of the newspapers.

Is there some yellow-jacket style protest going on? I read the Guardian and BBC and some other news sources pretty comprehensively on a daily basis and haven't seen an article on this anywhere.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11980 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 18:40:20 »

I don't know if you know the Asda Walmart in Swindon but the petrol station regulary runs out of petrol and diesel on Friday afternoons and stays shut until Saturday morning

So, give no fucks
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #11981 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 19:54:42 »

Don’t know where you are but Just Stop Oil protesters blockading an oil terminal in Essex, aiming to cut supply to SE England.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #11982 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 20:18:46 »

Don’t know where you are but Just Stop Oil protesters blockading an oil terminal in Essex, aiming to cut supply to SE England.

Thanks, found a story with your info

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/apr/06/activists-occupy-south-east-englands-busiest-oil-terminal
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #11983 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 20:45:55 »

Going back to Channel 4- although it doesn’t cost the taxpayer anything (funded by advertising)- I think it is in its best interest to be privatised otherwise it won’t be able to compete in the future with the streaming services now available like Amazon and Netflix.

The BBC is going to have to change its model too. I don’t feel comfortable with pensioners/ the poor being prosecuted for not having a TV licence to an organisation paying Gary Lineker £1.75m a year to present one programme for 1.5 hours once a week. That is not effective use of public funds.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11984 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 21:23:50 »

These people are complete cunts.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 798 [799] 800 801 802 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: