Pages: 1 ... 793 794 795 [796] 797 798 799 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2019292 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11925 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 11:35:36 »

And whilst sanctions are obviously realistically the only way we can go with Russia, the real losers here are the innocent Russian people who are going to suffer as the Russian economy takes a massive hit down the line!

This is an interesting take, which many who know way more than you or I (unless you are a Russian expert! Wink) seem to suggest would be a) altogether more successful than financial sanctions and b) not really affect the average man in the street.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/23/obsession-sanctions-oligarchs-putin-hurt-russian-leader-ukraine
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #11926 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 11:37:58 »

The real losers are the innocent Ukrainian people.

Could end up being tough on the ordinary Russian people depending on the severity of the sanctions of course.
In which case they should know what they have to do.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11927 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 11:54:35 »

The real losers are the innocent Ukrainian people.

Could end up being tough on the ordinary Russian people depending on the severity of the sanctions of course.
In which case they should know what they have to do.

Sorry of course it goes without saying that the poor Ukrainian people are the real losers, I was merely thinking of it from the Russian 'side' so apologies if my comment was seen as callous in anyway, I assure it wasn't intended that way. As usual with war, there are few 'winners', only fucking Putin's ego.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11928 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 11:57:49 »

This is an interesting take, which many who know way more than you or I (unless you are a Russian expert! Wink) seem to suggest would be a) altogether more successful than financial sanctions and b) not really affect the average man in the street.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/23/obsession-sanctions-oligarchs-putin-hurt-russian-leader-ukraine

I'm basing that information on a military fella who was interviewed on the BBC this morning. He seemed to intimate that sanctions would realistically be the only way to force Russia to rethink, however could have longer term impacts on the general public. He was no economist or anything but I guess logically it could happen.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #11929 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 12:20:45 »

Sorry of course it goes without saying that the poor Ukrainian people are the real losers, I was merely thinking of it from the Russian 'side' so apologies if my comment was seen as callous in anyway, I assure it wasn't intended that way. As usual with war, there are few 'winners', only fucking Putin's ego.

No need for apologies, wasn't a pop at you BO.
I know you'd see the bigger picture as a compassionate person anyway.

I'm just finding this very saddening.
Shouldn't be happening in this day and age but shouldn't be surprised either I guess.
It's depressing that so many countries still end up with a complete nutter in charge.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11930 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 16:35:48 »

Invading Chernobyl now
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #11931 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 17:12:38 »

House of Commons in unity over the sanctions. Good to see no point scoring at such a time. Sleepy Joe needs to also crunch down on the Russians in meaningful way. The losers are the innocents of these two countries who are victims.

Now, ain't that just like me?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11932 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 17:17:09 »

Invading Chernobyl now
Bloody hell! Their troops will have 3 arms and 2 heads now!
china red

« Reply #11933 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 17:27:37 »

Friend of mine opened a cafe in Kiev earlier this year, he’s now hiking the 400km to the Romanian border……….
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11934 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 18:28:44 »

Friend of mine opened a cafe in Kiev earlier this year, he’s now hiking the 400km to the Romanian border……….
Bloody hell, safe journey to him.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11935 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 18:45:24 »

As if cunt chops is scared of a few sanctions?! He’s probably laughing his tits off riding his horse half naked.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11936 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 18:53:30 »

Bloody hell mate, that's really sobering. Hope he gets out OK. Fingers crossed for him.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #11937 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 19:01:37 »

I have relatives living in both Russia and the Ukraine. One has had her nephew called up by the Russian army although he lives in Donetsk.

He has been called up to fight his neighbours.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11938 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 22:12:27 »

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11939 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 23:22:17 »

Reg would be lapping this up.
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 795 [796] 797 798 799 ... 881   Go Up
Print