Pages: 1 ... 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2019181 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11895 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 16:42:28 »

Is quiche a left wing food?

QED
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11896 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 16:48:45 »

Quiche is an obvious marker of the left wing tendencies of a person, much like Avocado on Toast is in the breast pocket of the more recently spited Liberal Elite.

I thought the old skool right wingers were often found with Foie Gras slipping out the side of their mouth, with the more recent Populists dragging boxes of Birds Eye Roast Beef with Gravy.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #11897 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 16:49:10 »

Spot On!

But if i took a grinder to a statue in the middle of Bristol tonight i would be nicked! But if i was in a politically motivated mob, perhaps i wouldnt.

I see you understand the point im making, im not defending what happened at Number 10 at all.

I think you'll find they were nicked for it, and prosecuted and that a jury of their peers chose to find them not guilty, as is their legal right.

And it's worth saying that if the latest current police and crime bill gets passed, with the kind of sentences for non-violent protests it proposes, we're likely to see a whole lot more of that kind of verdict; where juries are fully aware that the defendants have committed the offences but refuse to convict them because of the disproportionate sentences that might get handed down.

If Tories don't think that rape is a significantly more serious offence than damaging a statue then there's questions to be asked about their moral compass.

..never go back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11898 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 16:56:03 »

The points of orders at the end of this are going to be insane. The PM will hopefully be asked to withdraw comments about Starmer & Saville (repeating a much loved far right slur) and his accusation that the Labour front bench are on drugs.

(Yes for those of you who didn't see this, you read that correctly!)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11899 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 17:00:36 »

The points of orders at the end of this are going to be insane. The PM will hopefully be asked to withdraw comments about Starmer & Saville (repeating a much loved far right slur) and his accusation that the Labour front bench are on drugs.

(Yes for those of you who didn't see this, you read that correctly!)

I certainly did. When the PM was questioned about excessive alcohol consumption (and culture) in No.10 and furthered if drug abuse was an issue too.

His rebuttal was for his RHF to ask his members on the Labour front bench.

In fact, most of it is not even rebuttal so much. It's continued obfuscation every time he opens his privileged mouth.

Edit: If Ian Blackford was pressured to withdraw his "misled" comment then BoJo should certainly be made to withdraw his comment you mention above.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #11900 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 17:20:42 »

Lizz Truss: Those in the Kremlin would not be allowed to enter the UK.

Met with mostly laughter. It's almost as if members in the HoP might be aware that the UK harbours Kremlin officials (in the past or currently).

Truss finalises her statement by nearly legally condemning everything she had just said.

...And I condemn...commend this statement to the house.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #11901 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 17:23:32 »

Mind you, at least this is more of an adult discussion in Parliament, now that most of the daycare lot has been picked up by their parents and gone to the HoP bar home.

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11902 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 17:43:40 »

Lizz Truss: Those in the Kremlin would not be allowed to enter the UK.

Met with mostly laughter. It's almost as if members in the HoP might be aware that the UK harbours Kremlin officials (in the past or currently).

Truss finalises her statement by nearly legally condemning everything she had just said.

...And I condemn...commend this statement to the house.

Good to hear that the Tories are going to clamp down on Russian money. Perhaps they could start with the £1.9m given to Tories since Boris Johnson became Prime Minister.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #11903 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 17:46:03 »

Good to hear that the Tories are going to clamp down on Russian money. Perhaps they could start with the £1.9m given to Tories since Boris Johnson became Prime Minister.

I know you likely say the initial with a very firm tongue placed in your cheek but I have to ask...do you really think they will clamp down on it? Especially regarding your latter sentence Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11904 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:08:05 »

There will be many decent Tory constituency MPs who will lose their seat because of their leader(s).

Who could, hand on heart, vote for a chance of that buffoon continuing as PM.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #11905 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:17:54 »

There will be many decent Tory constituency MPs who will lose their seat because of their leader(s).

Totally agree Aud. Several in parliament that are trying to do everything by the book as it were, I think would probably seriously consider whether continuing in a career in parliament is the moral thing to be doing.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #11906 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:20:17 »

Javid states the ending of vaccination as a condition of deployment in Health & Social Care at statute. Finishes with the caveat to remind all H&SC workers of their moral and professional responsibility to be vaccinated.

Call me a kipper but he actually talks more sense and like a PM than that blonde manchild ever could.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11907 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 08:04:59 »

Most Tory voters will blindly retort with ‘they’re all the same’ and continue to put a cross in a blue box. You see it on this thread itself

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11908 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 08:13:33 »

yup, agree Dave. That's generally been the case although brexit affected the last one.

it's the floaters like me who will swing it. I could never vote for this Tory party. But many seem to be 'yeahbut Starmer'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11909 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 08:57:31 »

yup, agree Dave. That's generally been the case although brexit affected the last one.

it's the floaters like me who will swing it. I could never vote for this Tory party. But many seem to be 'yeahbut Starmer'

The same who were yeah but Corbyn last time round. The below is quite interesting and rather dispels the idea, loved by the loyalists' that Johnson is a particularly popular politician. His approval ratings were below 0 even when he was elected and only went up when he got Covid.

Now I accept that PR and news management is not my area of expertise but sending out a clearly tired and emotional Nadine Dorries channelling her inner Catherine Tate in response to a story raising concern regarding a concerning drinking culture in government doesn't seem to have been the most sensible approach? https://twitter.com/KarlTurnerMP/status/1488242449394896904?t=2K0rsxMSmuB2FoCKyA_IMg&s=19

When all you have left prepared to defend you on camera is a drunk Dorries and a bloke with a cat on his head things must be bad!
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: