Pages: 1 ... 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2018235 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11415 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 15:23:31 »

Yeah I only mention it because you spoke of Silent Hill in another post but hadn't seemed to make the connection

Yeah in all honesty, I genuinely just thought that the Silent Hill movies were inspired by the story within the games and didn't realise they were based closer to the true story I then find myself talking about too. Maybe it was already logged in the subconscious or something but a nice link.

Anyway, I guess I'd better keep this politics. Labour are doing wank but the Greens seem to be having some good levels of voter intention.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11416 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 19:13:41 »

Interesting pattern so far seems to be most incumbent govts doing very well - Labour in Wales massively outperforming their UK wide performance whilst Cons clean up in England and SNP Scotland. Vaccine bounces for all three administrations or something more subtle?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11417 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 19:44:32 »

Interesting pattern so far seems to be most incumbent govts doing very well - Labour in Wales massively outperforming their UK wide performance whilst Cons clean up in England and SNP Scotland. Vaccine bounces for all three administrations or something more subtle?

Early days, but may yet point towards the atomisation of the UK.  Tories in Scotland seem to be pinning their hopes on pro-Union tactical voting supporting their performance in the Regional/List vote that comes through tomorrow.  If it doesn't, the 'UK' is going to start looking much less 'U'.  For all the focus on Hartlepool in the English press - and how it's heralding the death of Labour - the radical Torification of northern England could well be heralding the beginning of the end of something even bigger.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11418 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 20:04:46 »

When you shrink inwards, it is tough to know where to stop.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11419 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 20:07:14 »

To provide balance, Brexit came about because when you expand to quickly, and without being honest about why (Uk politicians) or having the right infrastructure in place to support the necessary jolts to society (EU), you run the risk of bits falling off.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11420 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 23:34:17 »

To provide balance, Brexit came about because when you expand to quickly, and without being honest about why (Uk politicians) or having the right infrastructure in place to support the necessary jolts to society (EU), you run the risk of bits falling off.

Try lying. You’ll be more accurate with the overall picture.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11421 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 23:40:22 »

No not at all. Nothing of the sort. The very opposite in fact. I don't think the people who voted Tory were stupid and that they were taken in by the lies, I said they know Johnson's lying, they just don't give a shit.

Are you sure? I’d wager that you had those thoughts about us gammons not knowing what we were voting for in the Brexit referendum.

Actually we do give a shit, that’s why we vote conservative I’ll have you know. We just don’t give a shit about Labour.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11422 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 09:04:10 »

The people have spoken. And they've said "we want dishonesty, cronyism, sleaze and a jab".

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #11423 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 09:14:39 »

The people have spoken. And they've said "we want dishonesty, cronyism, sleaze and a jab".

Or they believe the Labour alternative is twice as bad!!

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #11424 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 09:39:59 »

Don't forget the highest death rate in Europe. Deserve everything you guys get.

Frankie Boyle once said, Its good to know that when the zombie apocalypse comes and we are eating each others corpses that 40% of survivors will vote tory
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 09:41:40 by mexico red » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11425 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 09:40:40 »

Or they believe the Labour alternative is twice as bad!!

If only any of us knew what it was

chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11426 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 09:59:02 »

Maybe labour need to go for Andy Burnham or Jonathan ashworth. They seem to know how to talk to people. Labour are a fucking shambles. When was the last time they truly represented the working man, early 70s?
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #11427 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 10:04:49 »

Don't forget the highest death rate in Europe. Deserve everything you guys get.

Frankie Boyle once said, Its good to know that when the zombie apocalypse comes and we are eating each others corpses that 40% of survivors will vote tory

Actually

The UK is not the highest death rate in Europe.......yes the highest number of deaths....

But we are not in the top ten with regards deaths per 100000 population...which is the normal indicator of death rate.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #11428 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 10:21:17 »

Maybe labour need to go for Andy Burnham or Jonathan ashworth. They seem to know how to talk to people. Labour are a fucking shambles. When was the last time they truly represented the working man, early 70s?
I'd say maybe 2 years ago? But I get your point.

chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11429 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 10:25:52 »

I'd say maybe 2 years ago? But I get your point.
I'd argue labour represented some elite ideology far removed from the working man. They certainly didn't represent me. I understand though how others may feel differently.
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: