Pages: 1 ... 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007131 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #11430 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 10:28:06 »

Elite idealogy?

What was 'elite' about their 'ideology', and how did it not represent the working man?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11431 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 12:09:07 »

I think the problem might actually be with "the working man" to some degree. Today's "working man" as it seems to be showing itself via voting intention, is that they don't relate to that version any more? Possibly? Maybe?

Could it be that collectively they have an overinflated value of themselves? When the leader of the nation also styles himself on an overinflated value of himself is it any wonder the average man dreams or thinks this too? Let's face it, if Boris can run the country (or at least front it), every single one of us could have a valid belief that we could too.

I don't know but this just might be a reason why people are continually voting Tory. It can't be because all the oldies are voting, the Tories killed off as many of them as they could with a delayed first lockdown (nice way of chopping the pension wage bill too, bit of disguised genocide there.

As ironic and ridiculous as it sounds, the "working man" now seems/believes/is disillusioned that they are more aligned with a bumbling, gargling, philandering, misogynist, racist bloke with a blue tie more so than they are than one in any other colour tie (regardless of if they act the same, better or worse than the above).

It's baffling to me and I don't think the answer has anything to do with politics/policies/morality or anything remotely relevant to a "better nation". If it were, parties like the Lib Dems and Greens would have been running the country a long time ago. If anything  the "elite ideology" has come from the Tories to which the "working man" now believes they too can become "elite". I refer back to my  "I'm alright jack" statement previously in regards to the "working man".

tl;dr - Basically many of the voting public appear to have become "ten bob millionaires" and couldn't give a fuck about anyone or anything else (until it impacts them directly, which they somehow don't believe could or will ever happen to them). Oh and our nation is probably a lot more racisty than we'd like to admit too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #11432 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 12:18:21 »

I think the problem might actually be with "the working man" to some degree. Today's "working man" as it seems to be showing itself via voting intention, is that they don't relate to that version any more? Possibly? Maybe?

Could it be that collectively they have an overinflated value of themselves? When the leader of the nation also styles himself on an overinflated value of himself is it any wonder the average man dreams or thinks this too? Let's face it, if Boris can run the country (or at least front it), every single one of us could have a valid belief that we could too.

I don't know but this just might be a reason why people are continually voting Tory. It can't be because all the oldies are voting, the Tories killed off as many of them as they could with a delayed first lockdown (nice way of chopping the pension wage bill too, bit of disguised genocide there.

As ironic and ridiculous as it sounds, the "working man" now seems/believes/is disillusioned that they are more aligned with a bumbling, gargling, philandering, misogynist, racist bloke with a blue tie more so than they are than one in any other colour tie (regardless of if they act the same, better or worse than the above).

It's baffling to me and I don't think the answer has anything to do with politics/policies/morality or anything remotely relevant to a "better nation". If it were, parties like the Lib Dems and Greens would have been running the country a long time ago. If anything  the "elite ideology" has come from the Tories to which the "working man" now believes they too can become "elite". I refer back to my  "I'm alright jack" statement previously in regards to the "working man".

tl;dr - Basically many of the voting public appear to have become "ten bob millionaires" and couldn't give a fuck about anyone or anything else (until it impacts them directly, which they somehow don't believe could or will ever happen to them). Oh and our nation is probably a lot more racisty than we'd like to admit too.

I think the way the centre parties of lib dem / green / blairrite labour have a fucking awful habit of this sort of paternal condescending bollocks is why the traditional "working man" vote has gone to the right.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11433 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 13:36:22 »

Or they believe the Labour alternative is twice as bad!!

This.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11434 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 14:14:45 »

Okay then. What is this "alternative" that is twice as bad? More investment in the NHS perhaps? Free broadband? Or what?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11435 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 14:39:07 »

Seeing as you lefties love a good newspaper copy and paste article I thought in the light of yesterday’s results you might be vaguely interested in this article. I read this the other week and debated with myself whether or not to post it but it may help you understand why people like me vote conservative. All your populist, nationalist crap does not resonate with me nor people I mix with who not only vote conservative but surprise, surprise, Labour, Lib Dem’s and even Green.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9533269/Heard-one-working-class-stand-comic-proud-Brexit-voting-Tory.html

Of course you can just dismiss it and carry on believing what you do and parroting the mantra that you do. Keep on doing, saying and believing what you do and you’ll carry on making the same mistakes. Do not think for one second that anyone who votes differently to Labour fanatically believes that everything with the conservatives is 100% kosher, it’s not, never has been and never will be. However, in the grand scheme i and others I suspect just simply think that the cunts we vote for are better cunts than the other cunts who we don’t vote for, it really is that simple.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 14:40:52 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #11436 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 16:12:18 »

Okay then. What is this "alternative" that is twice as bad? More investment in the NHS perhaps? Free broadband? Or what?

Labour has been a shite opposition...

People do not believe they have anything to offer...

It's the same old Labour Lots of false promises they will never be able to achieve...

Along with Kier 'Captain Hindsight Starmer they are the worst opposition ever.....
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11437 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 16:58:23 »

Labour has been a shite opposition...

People do not believe they have anything to offer...

It's the same old Labour Lots of false promises they will never be able to achieve...

Along with Kier 'Captain Hindsight Starmer they are the worst opposition ever.....

Oh I don’t know, don’t you remember how painful it was when that Tory in Labour clothes was quietly raping the country financially and lining himself up for a future of money making while throwing the doors open to every Tom, Dick and Harry without a thought of how we’d cope with the infrastructure. Let’s also not forget that clown McBrown Mr. I’ve abolished boom and bust and saved the banking world and sneaking off to sign the Lisbon treaty after turncoat Bliar promised we could have a vote on the issue which a Labour politician said was just tinkering around the edges and tidying up existing EU treaties. Lying cunts. Where was our opposition then? Michael Howard, William Hague and IDS hardly inspiring political heavyweights, like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest it made me despair. Now the boot is on the other foot and Labour will have to spend a decade or more in the wilderness. I do agree with you that Starmer is as bigger gift to the conservatives as Long-Bailey would have been. Seems a bit rich that a condescending privately educated millionaire lecturing the electorate (those that listen anyway) that’s it’s those nasty privately educated millionaires on the other side who are the problem. Let’s not forget he headed the CPS under Bliar which was laughingly referred to the Criminal Protection Service. So you see my Labour friends, they’re all cunts and the choice is which cunts you want to put an x against at the polling station.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11438 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 17:02:06 »

Whatever happened to Nigel fararge and the up & coming UK independence party😀

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11439 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 17:46:33 »

Elite idealogy?

What was 'elite' about their 'ideology', and how did it not represent the working man?

I'm not sure it's a policy issue (most people do not even bother to look at manifesto related stuff), it's more the way Labour comes across as "knowing what's good for you".  Instead of settling on some big ideas and selling them, they talk at and down to people about why they should be happy about what they are selling.

Certainly the Corbyn era didn't help matters, and the left side of the party got a louder voice for a period (which scares the shit out of some people - just look at the mess they were in the late 70's and early 80's).

The Democrats over here are in danger of the same thing - coming across as knowing what's best for you.  Instead of just proposing sensible policies that work to reduce and remove racism, they come across as telling everyone they are racist.  Just one example, there are plenty of others.

This gives the Right Wing version of Populism the ability to point fingers at those horrible Elites trying to run your life, that they are out to get you (fear).
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 17:57:38 by RobertT » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11440 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 17:58:51 »

I think the way the centre parties of lib dem / green / blairrite labour have a fucking awful habit of this sort of paternal condescending bollocks is why the traditional "working man" vote has gone to the right.

Completely agree fb, bamboo that's one of the shittest "hot takes" I've read since I got blocked by Alan Nixon
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11441 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 18:16:09 »

Whatever happened to Nigel fararge and the up & coming UK independence party😀

Doesn’t matter. You see irrespective how you or others derided him and still do (as the tone of your comment suggests) he will have a place in history that 99% of politicians will never ever have, perceived good or bad. Two things about our Nige. 1) When he started out, he stated clearly what his modus operandi was, very clearly indeed. 2) He did exactly what it says on the tin. No fancy ideology, no political baggage. So you see it does not matter does it?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11442 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 18:20:34 »

You took my quote all wrong as I was impressed with his policy's when he was gaining momentum and on the verge off contesting the big two but he then disappeared far too quickly just when he was getting noticed.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11443 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 18:32:21 »

Oh good, a Labour war between leader and deputy leader. We've not had one of those for a while.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11444 on: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 18:36:39 »

You took my quote all wrong as I was impressed with his policy's when he was gaining momentum and on the verge off contesting the big two but he then disappeared far too quickly just when he was getting noticed.

Maybe I did and I’m big enough to apologise. But I won’t. Only kidding, I took it as another snipe at the great man. In a way I’m glad he has not had the success domestically he had as a euro MP. Sometimes you have to know when it is time to quit, like an ageing footballer.
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: