Pages: 1 ... 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629180 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6270 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:19:25 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=Aberdeen
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6271 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:32:25 »

Didn't realise Tom Jones came from them. Not unusual for me to forget.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6272 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:35:38 »

We have MANY links to the other Dons....Miles Storey, Tom Jones, Juan Cobian, Nicky Hammond, Rory Fallon, Adam Rooney and Scotty Leitch.

Missed out the biggest link - big Dunc

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6273 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:43:30 »

Missed out the biggest link - big Dunc
He was mentioned above mate.

Aberdeen are the Don's, play in red. We are SwinDON. How much more do you need? Duncan Shearer etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6274 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:54:52 »

We have MANY links to the other Dons....Miles Storey, Tom Jones, Juan Cobian, Nicky Hammond, Rory Fallon, Adam Rooney and Scotty Leitch.

I had to look up Scott Leitch. I know he was a bit of a legend at Hearts but wasn't aware he had played for the Dandy Dons. Indeed he hadn't. A disastrous assistant manager spell working alongside Mark McGhee only lasted 8 months and included a 9-0 loss to Celtic, ouch!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6275 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:14:03 »

I had to look up Scott Leitch. I know he was a bit of a legend at Hearts but wasn't aware he had played for the Dandy Dons. Indeed he hadn't. A disastrous assistant manager spell working alongside Mark McGhee only lasted 8 months and included a 9-0 loss to Celtic, ouch!!
No Tom never played for them but I do remember him there on the coaching team, McGhee was an uuter knob.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6276 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 11:59:42 »

Wigan starting off next season in L1 with yet another points deduction - 8 points this time.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6277 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 12:12:34 »

Wigan starting off next season in L1 with yet another points deduction - 8 points this time.

Im getting fucked off with this Wigan saga. Make an example of them. Expel them. How many times have they failed to pay their players? Utter joke.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6278 on: Friday, May 26, 2023, 12:29:04 »

It’s probably more accurate to say ‘chosen’ not to pay.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6279 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 13:28:05 »

Leeds United’s chairman Andrea Radrizzani offered to use the club’s Elland Road stadium as security for a £26m bank loan which his company, Aser, and a bidding partner, Gestio Capital, intended to use to complete a takeover of Sampdoria.

Is this even legal?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6280 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 16:18:22 »

Leeds United’s chairman Andrea Radrizzani offered to use the club’s Elland Road stadium as security for a £26m bank loan which his company, Aser, and a bidding partner, Gestio Capital, intended to use to complete a takeover of Sampdoria.

Is this even legal?

Wasn't that what got Bury and Derby in the shit?  Albeit on a smaller scale..

Edit:  Might have been Bolton..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6281 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 16:27:19 »

I imagine we’d be no more if Power had owned the CG.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #6282 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 07:36:20 »

https://twitter.com/refsupportuk/status/1664351293891125249

Anthony Taylor being abused by some human scum on his way back from Budapest. If I ever give up on football, it’ll be because of something like this. Disgraceful, what is wrong with these degenerates?
« Last Edit: Friday, June 2, 2023, 07:38:58 by Qunk » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6283 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 07:50:11 »

Mourinho certainly stoked the fire!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6284 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 07:57:54 »

https://twitter.com/refsupportuk/status/1664351293891125249

Anthony Taylor being abused by some human scum on his way back from Budapest. If I ever give up on football, it’ll be because of something like this. Disgraceful, what is wrong with these degenerates?

I see quite a lot of stuff on SM saying Jose Mourinho's behaviour has a lot to do with this kind of reaction. I didn't watch the game and haven't seen any of what he has done, but seemingly he has spoken out in public against the performance of Anthony Taylor in an extremely aggressive manner. It reminds me of when Anders Frisk had the 'temerity' to send off Chelsea's Didier Drogba which resulted in Mourinho alleging that Frisk had invited the Barcelona manager into the referee's room at half time. The fall out of this was that Frisk retired due to death threats against his family.

There is so much shite bubbling about in society these days which i absolutely abhor. Since Covid in my eyes the world has changed. Of course there are multiple other factors, cost of living, a war in Eastern Europe, geo-political issues, protests etc etc. There is so much anger, negativity, hatred and impatience in all walks of life. This also of course spills into the football 'arena'. I'm closer than ever to giving up on the game, every time I see a report of players receiving racist abuse it just makes me want to walk away completely. Sorry I went off topic there a bit Qunk, but the behaviour against Anthony Taylor, walking through an airport with his family (I think it was his wife with him in obvious distress) was disgusting and if I was a Roma fan I would be embarrassed. (although they won't, they'll be on social media blaming Lazio fans or the Italian Government or something rather than owning their cowardly behaviour of fellow fans)

It's a huge shame because football does so so much good in society.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 2, 2023, 10:00:07 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: