Pages: 1 ... 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1616935 times)
kaufman

« Reply #6375 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:02:28 »

Sorry if I’ve missed it.
It’s the obvious question.
Given that Rob Angus had told someone on here that Williams and Reed were under contract yet it’s not said that we’ve triggered an extension, how were we able to offer more than a 1 year deal?
The twitter page would have been all over the announcement of a new deal signed by either.
It must be a that we triggered an extra year for both.
Apologies if this has already been explained.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6376 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:14:02 »

Sorry if I’ve missed it.
It’s the obvious question.
Given that Rob Angus had told someone on here that Williams and Reed were under contract yet it’s not said that we’ve triggered an extension, how were we able to offer more than a 1 year deal?
The twitter page would have been all over the announcement of a new deal signed by either.
It must be a that we triggered an extra year for both.
Apologies if this has already been explained.

Could have agreed in principle to extend and it was put through the day the embargo was removed?
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #6377 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:20:26 »

I hope we push the boat out for Payne. He’s worth the wages of 2/3 squad players and worth the gamble if he wants to stay and cash is the issue. Quality not quantity is the way to go imho.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6378 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:22:03 »

Dion Conroy in talks with Orient, unsurprisingly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6379 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:27:55 »

I hope we push the boat out for Payne. He’s worth the wages of 2/3 squad players and worth the gamble if he wants to stay and cash is the issue. Quality not quantity is the way to go imho.

Could offer him a juicy promotion, apps and 10 goal bonuses. Incentives are sometime worth more than the contracted wage alone. Those extras can add up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6380 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:47:23 »

Dion Conroy in talks with Orient, unsurprisingly.

I'm in huge shock  Eek Wink

Going by the first half at Vale, he was already on a Pullman Coach heading for Orient (10 misplaced/loose passes). Second half he was much better with just 1. For me it sums up Conroy a smidge, he wanted to be a Libero player but Baudry showed more pass completion as did Ian and they both were prone to some sloppy passes.

Unfortunately, I think Conroy was always going for the Hollywood pass (which is quite narcissistic really) but it ended up often being  a hospital pass.

He was never really captain material. In fact, I blame whoever it was that gave him the armband permanently because this seemed to impact his game in a negative way. Someone like Caddis should have been first choice at the time (or Doughty if he was/still had been here). So I do have an understanding of "where it may have gone wrong" here for Conroy...almost the reluctant captain. Tossed the armband and with no real guidance or apprenticeship under his erm armband.

Factor in as well some terrible injuries where he certainly proved many wrong professionally in terms of returning to the game and the club takes big credit for standing by him - which is why he probably stood by the club when Town were in the shit last Summer; that's honourable on his part. We probably shouldn't forget that and we can separate a pro footballer from a decent honest person - even if occasionally they are the same thing.

I think in his next move, Dion needs to realise he isn't and never will be a big time Charlie, possibly give up any offer of an armband and just focus on playing his footy. He'll probably thrive more with just that one focus and could even see a player reborn if he stays fit.

I'm not sorry to see him go but it was time to part ways. I certainly wish him well and all the best. Cheers DC

'Incessant Nonsense'

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6381 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:54:27 »

Beyond 3rd hand rumours that he demanded to be played, where does all of that from? People write on here as if they know him. He seemed a decent guy when he did the LS pod.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6382 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 21:03:53 »

The next captain will be interesting. Reed?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6383 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 21:17:29 »

Good to see Reed and Williams contracted for next season. I don’t see it happening but would hope we go above and beyond  to keep Payne, Egbo or AK be a bonus but again can’t see it. JML and East no shocks, not too shocked Conroy wasn’t offered a deal either- right time for everyone to move on- finished season well and took a lot of shit this season, but was never captain material. Need a proper leader next season, and some experience to back it- similar to the Caddis, Baudry, Grant and Doyle dressing room spine we had in 19/20.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6384 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 21:42:01 »

Can’t we just wish players well and leave it at that when they have been a good servant to the club?  I get it if we are talking about Taylor Curran or Pork Pie Pele, but Conroy has done very little wrong except have a few dodgey periods.

With regards to the captaincy, none of our existing players are vocal organisational leaders, which was the main criticism of Conroy being captain, so why would we be suggesting Payne or Reed? Because they are better players or fans favourites?  Because one thing they ain’t is vocal or organisational.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6385 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 21:52:47 »

I assume people are just picking from our existing players.

The choice from this years squad would be Baudry but who knows if he will be here and if he is how regular he will be
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6386 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 22:47:43 »

well said Bernie
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6387 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 03:17:56 »

Can’t we just wish players well and leave it at that when they have been a good servant to the club?  I get it if we are talking about Taylor Curran or Pork Pie Pele, but Conroy has done very little wrong except have a few dodgey periods.

With regards to the captaincy, none of our existing players are vocal organisational leaders, which was the main criticism of Conroy being captain, so why would we be suggesting Payne or Reed? Because they are better players or fans favourites?  Because one thing they ain’t is vocal or organisational.

If you read what I wrote I did wish him well. I can still say that him being given the armband impacted his game negatively and he may have been more focused if not having that responsibility.

He's a L2 player, maybe a lower L1 player. Not sure why he gets a hall pass over anyone else? Because a few people might be pally with him? It all comes across a bit GWR and their obsession with JS-W...fine, a decent enough guy but just another average footballer.

===

Regards Captaincy...Baudry would likely be the one (if he stays). Think Ellis probably gets the token "club captain" if that's still a thing but matchday captain, possible a new target that comes in and takes the armband. Sean Morrison would be the ticket. Probably wouldn't drop down but I have a feeling he'll sign either a recuperation based contract with Cardiff with a loan option when he's fit again from his ACL. Would be smashing loan to build up some game time Smiley

That doesn't solve Town's captain problem immediately though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6388 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 04:42:32 »

I've heard Ellis may be the next captain but I've no idea if there is any substance behind that so this comment comes with free sachets of salt, like a bag of smiths crisps.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6389 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 06:57:42 »

Can’t we just wish players well and leave it at that when they have been a good servant to the club?  I get it if we are talking about Taylor Curran or Pork Pie Pele, but Conroy has done very little wrong except have a few dodgey periods.

With regards to the captaincy, none of our existing players are vocal organisational leaders, which was the main criticism of Conroy being captain, so why would we be suggesting Payne or Reed? Because they are better players or fans favourites?  Because one thing they ain’t is vocal or organisational.

With you on this. Apart from Baudry just no Captain material left in the squad now that Conroy has departed. Remains to be seen if Baudry signs.

I heard weeks ago that a Championship club were tracking Payne, again whether that comes to anything will wait and see.
As for Conroy reduced terms were tabled and both parties mutually walked away. No animosity all positive and respectful and how it should be.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hunt moves on now, with his location Orient a fit (nothing in this whatsoever just a thought).

Players are on holiday now thus will likely be a few weeks of no activity however the agents are in full swing. Incredible how they operate and network.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: