Pages: 1 ... 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617334 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #6360 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:37:41 »

Odimayo, Payne and Egbo signing would be brilliant news. Baudry for another year would be decent as well.

Don't think theres too much hope of Jack staying unfortunately, unless he is genuinely settled and doesn't want to uproot again/doesn't mind a pay cut (Seems highly unlikely and who could blame him. Easily good enough for League 1).

Conroy's time was up but glad it ended on a decent note in terms of the last couple of months. Unfortunately he's prone to breaking down and surely one of the highest earners, maybe even top with Payne?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6361 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:47:54 »

Has Parsons really been offered an increase?. Really not sure about him,he's looked out of his depth every time I've seen him. Still young,so may come good I suppose. Couldn't really blame Odimayo for wanting away.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6362 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:51:14 »

Has Parsons really been offered an increase?. Really not sure about him,he's looked out of his depth every time I've seen him. Still young,so may come good I suppose. Couldn't really blame Odimayo for wanting away.

Perhaps the club are nervous based on what happened with Twines development and contract
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 17:08:58 by Trashbat? » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6363 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:57:40 »

Ten, including Dabre. Admittedly two are first year pros and Aguiar & Dabre are hardly regulars. But it's a good start.

No news on any of the youth team guys (Cowmeadow/Minturn apart) I notice - I assume we'll get a second announcement. Which of the young lads are final year scholars?

Minturn & Cowmeadow signed in March & April.
I'm guessing that they are the only ones from the U18's to make the cut.

Think that Taank will be 2nd year next season so still in with a chance.
Maybe Harvey Fox & Anton Dworzak as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6364 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 17:22:34 »

aha, so Parsons signed a two year deal that was voided (power exit) and was then offered a new improved deal  when Clem took over - which was presumably 1 year (embargo or just was)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6365 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 17:24:30 »

Minturn & Cowmeadow signed in March & April.
I'm guessing that they are the only ones from the U18's to make the cut.

Think that Taank will be 2nd year next season so still in with a chance.
Maybe Harvey Fox & Anton Dworzak as well.
Fox and Francis are the pick of the youngsters I have seen, watched them 5 or 6 times now and always impressed with both of them at fullback/wingback/wing. They both did well on their debuts vs Colchester too when they came on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #6366 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 17:36:55 »

The list is probably what I expected.
As others have said, it would be good if some/ all of Payne, Egbo and Odimayo sign the new deals. I would like to see Hunt stay - he is a good defender, and has versatility- while RB is his best position, he has done decent jobs at LB and last season as RCB in a back 3.
Agree with the point about depth - at times last season the bench was very low on quality.
No doubt there will be some loanees to augment any signings as the window progresses.

With apologies for dampening teh mood - when is the court case due to happen? In the light of the recent Vardy/Rooney case I wonder if any of LPs phone records have disappeared into the sea?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6367 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 17:57:08 »

Would be amazed if Payne is here.
As for Conroy and Baudry they have been immense in the run in and both picked up after Exeter away.
Conroy had a form wobble early this year but got back to early season form.

I credit Baudry with the majority of that, clearly his experience and additional leadership made a massive difference. I’d like to think AK or O’Brien would have both thrived alongside him. Let’s not forget when we won the league under Wellens after Conroy got injured we partnered Fryers with Baudry at centre back our form really picked up and they were an immense partnership.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6368 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 18:01:07 »

Colin Calderwood as Asst Manager at Northampton was at the home leg of the P.O’s. At one point he was deep in conversation with Hunt. So watch this space.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #6369 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 18:04:20 »

Colin Calderwood as Asst Manager at Northampton was at the home leg of the P.O’s. At one point he was deep in conversation with Hunt. So watch this space.

Calderwood was assistant manager at Brighton, when Rob Hunt was a young player there. So I suspect its just two blokes catching up.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #6370 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 18:12:42 »

Calderwood has left Northampton anyway.

In other news McKirdy's gone short back and sides and dyed it blonde.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6371 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 18:33:13 »

I credit Baudry with the majority of that, clearly his experience and additional leadership made a massive difference. I’d like to think AK or O’Brien would have both thrived alongside him. Let’s not forget when we won the league under Wellens after Conroy got injured we partnered Fryers with Baudry at centre back our form really picked up and they were an immense partnership.

Conroy and Baudry were our best partnership.
AK and JOB decent players but very quiet, Conroy and Baudry always looked to have a solid understanding. Hoping we bring in an experienced leader at the back.

Thank fk Conroy never missed that pressure penalty at Vale as you would have been parked outside his house the next night 😂
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6372 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 19:01:39 »

Quote from: NotHarryAgombar

With apologies for dampening teh mood - when is the court case due to happen? In the light of the recent Vardy/Rooney case I wonder if any of LPs phone records have disappeared into the sea?

July, of it doesn't get postponed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6373 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 19:32:39 »

Meh, whilst it’s good somethings been announced it all really depends on which players offered new deals actually sign doesn’t it.

Announcement only made a few hours ago but already people know what terms have been offered to the players…
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6374 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 20:00:09 »

Because we actually played with a decent tempo during the run in. I'm hoping he doesn't reset back to default in the summer.

Exactly this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: