Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1622159 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6405 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:30:24 »

I think Reed would make a decent captain. Not all captains are vocal. Some are more 'lead by example'.

Ideally we'll sign a cracking centreback with a bit of experience and big mouth though.

Sean Morrison mentioned would be ideal, buy obviously unlikely budget wise and should easily get a league one team with a bit of a budget to them.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6406 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:34:59 »

Cooper would be the first of this seasons loans I would try and get back.

Maybe a signing?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6407 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:36:55 »

I feel like if he does go to Orient (an obvious destination) he will be a threat to us next season so rather selfishly I hope he stays! He is always solid and so versatile, definitely a good option but it does feel like a move would benefit him more. It'll certainly be our loss too.

Depends on the offer.
He will get more if he moves on, don’t forget Wrexham offered him better terms than Swindon.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6408 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:45:58 »

My post wasn't aimed at you, just generally.  People have their opinions on him, but the decision has been made, and overall his time with us was positive.  Now that we know that he is going, wishing him well is all that needs to be said, no need to pick holes in what was overall a positive and productive stint with us over the past 5 years, especially considering the 2 massive injuries he experienced during that time.

Cracking post. short memory syndrome.
Swindon were good for Conroy and Conroy good for Swindon.
Unbelievable bad luck with potentially 2 career threatening injuries, League Two Winner and nobody to celebrate that success with, not paid yet still got the players rallied round and prepared for the beginning of the season. Always had time with fans let alone the family losing their recent loved one through illness.

Met Conroy numerous times.
Remember my first meet was on a train with my youngest coming back from Morecambe.
You couldn’t have met a more pleasant footballer.

We now move on with our best wishes.
Some of the comments posted recently and on social media platforms almost laughable.
These lads are human beings after all. Can only imagine the dark days recovering from those 2 injuries and thinking will I ever play the game I love again.

Takes courage.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6409 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:47:49 »

Are people not mentioning possibility of getting Joe Tomlinson back just because they don't think it would be realistic? I'd love to have him back. Local lad as well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6410 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:53:33 »

Are people not mentioning possibility of getting Joe Tomlinson back just because they don't think it would be realistic? I'd love to have him back. Local lad as well.

With P’boro going down and Tomlinson looking more than capable of playing in L1 - I think the assumption is, he’ll be playing regularly for them next season.

Most Posh fans who I saw comment on the loan all seemed to say he was being loaned out to get some game time, rather than being surplus to requirements.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6411 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 12:11:33 »

Depends on the offer.
He will get more if he moves on, don’t forget Wrexham offered him better terms than Swindon.

Wrexham will offer more than a lot of league one & two.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6412 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 12:14:15 »

With P’boro going down and Tomlinson looking more than capable of playing in L1 - I think the assumption is, he’ll be playing regularly for them next season.

Most Posh fans who I saw comment on the loan all seemed to say he was being loaned out to get some game time, rather than being surplus to requirements.

Thought that might be the case, unfortunately.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6413 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 12:47:12 »

I've heard Ellis may be the next captain but I've no idea if there is any substance behind that so this comment comes with free sachets of salt, like a bag of smiths crisps.

I miss those the blue sachets. Can you still get them? Weren't they called "Salt 'n Shake". I have a feeling my late Nan used to by them by the caterload, along with Royster's and 24 packs of Rio  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6414 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 12:57:59 »

...overall a positive and productive stint with us over the past 5 years, especially considering the 2 massive injuries he experienced during that time.

Absolutely agree and I made reference to this too. He proved a lot of people wrong in terms of coming back professionally. After his second injury I thought he was toast as a pro player (he may have at moments thought this too) but I'm thankful the club stuck by him and gave him the chance to come back. I also think this is a big part as to why he stuck around last Summer - some good karma.

I hope he goes on to end his career injury free and has measured success within his own personal parameters, except when playing versus Town!

I think everyone agrees it was probably the right time to move on though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6415 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 16:35:03 »

I've heard Ellis may be the next captain but I've no idea if there is any substance behind that so this comment comes with free sachets of salt, like a bag of smiths crisps.

I’ve also heard this.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #6416 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 17:46:26 »

Depends on the offer.

Of course Wrexham will offer more, that is of no surprise whatsoever.  Salford and Stockport would too and we shouldn't be trying to compete with them.

Conroy's decent at this level and the abuse he, and others have had this year from our Neanderthal element was depressing and thoroughly undeserved.    Good luck to him and hope he gets a cracking deal and stays injury free.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6417 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 19:29:25 »

Of course Wrexham will offer more, that is of no surprise whatsoever.  Salford and Stockport would too and we shouldn't be trying to compete with them.

Conroy's decent at this level and the abuse he, and others have had this year from our Neanderthal element was depressing and thoroughly undeserved.    Good luck to him and hope he gets a cracking deal and stays injury free.

The Wrexham offer previously was before the Hollywood Cowboys.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6418 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 19:30:54 »

Absolutely agree and I made reference to this too. He proved a lot of people wrong in terms of coming back professionally. After his second injury I thought he was toast as a pro player (he may have at moments thought this too) but I'm thankful the club stuck by him and gave him the chance to come back. I also think this is a big part as to why he stuck around last Summer - some good karma.

I hope he goes on to end his career injury free and has measured success within his own personal parameters, except when playing versus Town!

I think everyone agrees it was probably the right time to move on though Smiley

Definitely time to move on.
5 seasons in the modern game is going on testimonial heights 😂
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6419 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 19:57:52 »

Definitely time to move on.
5 seasons in the modern game is going on testimonial heights 😂

It certainly is in the era of 1yr and 2yr deals in the bottom two leagues being commonplace. If any player gets offered a 3yr deal (even if lower per month) at any club, they would be wise to snap it up on a purely job security basis.

I'm sure Dion will more than oblige when asked about any potential returns/exhibition/charity match etc.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: