Pages: 1 ... 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1624912 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6330 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 15:55:11 »

Reading through it in more detail after the initial excitement of Reed and Williams.....

I'm surprised Hunt was offered something although he's not a bad player. Mildly surprised East wasn't offered something as he is isn't bad either and feel like a decent squad player, but the club must feel they can do better. They both could have gone either way really and only mildly surprised.

Other than that, its exactly what I would have expected them to do.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6331 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 15:57:00 »

Having 9 players under contract (subject to bids etc) going into a new season seems an improvement on most of the years of the Power era.

Good quality base to build upon for a change.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6332 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 15:58:39 »

East seemed fairly dependable back up with potential to improve then disappeared towards the end of the season  - can only hope we will be upgrading with a more experienced player for next season..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6333 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 15:59:02 »

Having 9 players under contract (subject to bids etc) going into a new season seems an improvement on most of the years of the Power era.

Good quality base to build upon for a change.

Ten, including Dabre. Admittedly two are first year pros and Aguiar & Dabre are hardly regulars. But it's a good start.

No news on any of the youth team guys (Cowmeadow/Minturn apart) I notice - I assume we'll get a second announcement. Which of the young lads are final year scholars?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6334 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:00:29 »

East seemed fairly dependable back up with potential to improve then disappeared towards the end of the season  - can only hope we will be upgrading with a more experienced player for next season..

I agree. You have to hope that is a sign of intent as to what we can do in the free market rather than him simply being underrated.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6335 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:03:02 »

Reed and Williams under contract (options or whatever, don't care).

While that's no guarantee we won't get offers, its great news (as was reported by some here)

A year on each.
No issue selling on if a decent fee is received and invested into the squad.
Clearly both are excellent at this level. Desperate for them to stay mind.

Can’t see Payne and Hunt staying - Payne way better than League Two standard.

No real surprises in any of this. Far better position going into June than last season.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6336 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:05:10 »

East seemed fairly dependable back up with potential to improve then disappeared towards the end of the season  - can only hope we will be upgrading with a more experienced player for next season..

Not good enough unfortunately.
We need better quality in Midfield. Simply didn’t have enough game changers from the bench.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6337 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:06:41 »

Far better position going into June than last season.

We'd have been going some to be able to do that!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6338 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:07:20 »

Payne is genuinely the only one we've offered to I'd be gutted to see go.

Next would be Eggbo who I rate, but feel would be replaceable.

Outside of that I expect them mostly to be squad players anyway, but good ones and worth keeping if they choose to stay.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6339 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:08:17 »

We'd have been going some to be able to do that!!

Its not the similar overhaul some were predicting though. That is a core I'm quite happy to build on. If we can do half as good recruitment this season we'll be in a great position.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6340 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:09:51 »

Its not the similar overhaul some were predicting though. That is a core I'm quite happy to build on. If we can do half as good recruitment this season we'll be in a great position.

Agree totally. Should be an exciting summer and the new season kicks off the end of July so I imagine we won't be hanging around.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6341 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:10:35 »

I think the fact that Reed & Williams are under contract swings the balance a bit.

Would be interesting to know how long the players offered deals have to sign them?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6342 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:11:54 »

Random thought. There obviously has been  some chat about Charlie Austin who would clearly be a marquee signing on big money. I wonder if the club see it worth pushing the boat out on getting Jack Payne tied down instead?

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6343 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:13:23 »

Great list, happy with all. Wish Conroy best of luck in the rest of his career, glad he’s going but he stuck with us last summer and that should be acknowledged.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6344 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:15:09 »

With regards to Hunt, does the wording mean we are haggling over certain details while the rest have been offered take it or leave it deals?

Offers but less terms.
I would be surprised if both stay.

Don’t forget Wrexham offered improved terms to Hunt on deadline day last season and it fell through at the wire.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: