Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1619670 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6345 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:16:15 »

More than happy with this. Suggests the budget should be ok as well
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #6346 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:17:01 »

Looking at the regular first teamers remaining this is the basis of a good squad and continuation of what we have seen this season. Some judicious further signings that no doubt are on Ben Chorley’s and Ben Garner’s radar obviously are a must and on past players brought in I would be quietly confident we can be there or thereabouts in 2022/2023.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6347 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:18:07 »

Great list, happy with all. Wish Conroy best of luck in the rest of his career, glad he’s going but he stuck with us last summer and that should be acknowledged.

Good shout with all those lads that were not being paid but were coming in to train.
Never once threatened to down tools whilst carnage all around them.

You can only wish the outgoing players all the best.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6348 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:19:05 »

if those under contract stay, we at least have a reasonably good starting place

add a couple of the 'offered to' and even better.

good luck to Conroy. Think we'll lose Payne, Hunt and Jojo. big losses but that's football
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6349 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:19:34 »

More than happy with this. Suggests the budget should be ok as well

The biggest wage earners off the books.
All about the replacements. Just hoping for some much needed experience to supplement the mass free loan signings.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6350 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:20:34 »

if those under contract stay, we at least have a reasonably good starting place

add a couple of the 'offered to' and even better.

good luck to Conroy. Think we'll lose Payne, Hunt and Jojo. big losses but that's football

Think you will right on those 4 mate.
Players and Managers come and go.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6351 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:21:55 »

The biggest wage earners off the books.
All about the replacements. Just hoping for some much needed experience to supplement the mass free loan signings.
Only one not offered the new deal was Conroy, you surely dont mean Idem East and Mitchel Lawson
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6352 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:23:13 »

Good shout with all those lads that were not being paid but were coming in to train.
Never once threatened to down tools whilst carnage all around them.

You can only wish the outgoing players all the best.

Absolutely right, all those that stuck with us from the previous season deserve enormous credit & our best wishes.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6353 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:23:56 »

Only one not offered the new deal was Conroy, you surely dont mean Idem East and Mitchel Lawson

Reduced terms - all 4.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6354 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:24:31 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road
[]Only one not offered the new deal was Conroy, you surely dont mean Idem East and Mitchel Lawson

to be fair we don't know the details of the contract, i.e. are they on better, worse or the same as now
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6355 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:30:25 »

Can’t argue with any of that.

I expect Theakston will have the champagne flowing tonight  Wink
If we keep Egbo and somehow keep Payne and assuming those under contract stay then damn right I’m happy. Add some physicality in midfield, the ability to defend at the back and a striker that can control the ball and we should be well set for next season.

On that specific subject. Despite a bit of an improvement towards the end of the season Conroy’s time with us was done, he’s gone backwards in his time here and his lack of leadership/organisation again showed up on Thursday IMO, especially in the first half. We’ve got a clean slate to bring in a better quality of centre back along with adding a real leader to the team without and potential internal squad politics.

Striker wise I hope we are aiming higher than Davison.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6356 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:31:39 »

Parsons and possibly Baudry (if he fancies it) will be the only ones that will accept the offers I reckon.  I would love Payne to stay, resigned to the fact that he won't and I think Egbo and Akin will be looking elsewhere.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6357 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:33:05 »

to be fair we don't know the details of the contract, i.e. are they on better, worse or the same as now
I agree we don't
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #6358 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:34:25 »

A lot better than I thought it would be, just a bit of a better base to build compared to last season and with a lot more time.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6359 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 16:35:46 »

If we keep Egbo and somehow keep Payne and assuming those under contract stay then damn right I’m happy. Add some physicality in midfield, the ability to defend at the back and a striker that can control the ball and we should be well set for next season.

On that specific subject. Despite a bit of an improvement towards the end of the season Conroy’s time with us was done, he’s gone backwards in his time here and his lack of leadership/organisation again showed up on Thursday IMO, especially in the first half. We’ve got a clean slate to bring in a better quality of centre back along with adding a real leader to the team without and potential internal squad politics.

Striker wise I hope we are aiming higher than Davison.

Would be amazed if Payne is here.
As for Conroy and Baudry they have been immense in the run in and both picked up after Exeter away.
Conroy had a form wobble early this year but got back to early season form.

Hope we get some Centre half stability this season. Far too many changes.

Egbo with a pre season behind him would be an immense signing. Can only hope with this signing.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: