Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135058 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:05:44 »

Fuck me Reg, your a boring cunt.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:10:54 »

Extrapolate Phil's record from the 10 games over the course of a season and we're down with the dead men.... therefore he will need to do better.

I don't see how that statement is in any way controversial.... but I'm always open to a counter argument if you want to provide one.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:14:54 »

He didn't recruit a team to play the way he wants to play.

He didn't have a pre-season to work on the set-up of the team.

His words suggest an unhappy camp by the time he arrived.

The wheels were already coming off - one thing Flitcroft was able to do was have spurts, both good and bad.  The game Taylor took charge of showed we had a big problem looming.

He was down to the 3rd or 4th choice centre back pairing, let alone individuals.

His track record at this level does not suggest we should expect a "Chesterfield" is likely, if he gets the chance to correct all the above.

I'm still not a fan of his though, I might be convinced otherwise in a year.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:18:14 »

Well I have to say Im not that bothered with him but Taylor and Vigoroux have expressed happiness about it so thats got to be a good thing.  You feel like Taylor as a captain, maybe Vigs back in goal and a load of new recruitment, well thats all positive and makes me feel the next seasons I might make more than 2 games.  But we'll have to see.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:18:56 »

Extrapolate Phil's record from the 10 games over the course of a season and we're down with the dead men.... therefore he will need to do better.

I don't see how that statement is in any way controversial.... but I'm always open to a counter argument if you want to provide one.

Your statement is accurate in a literal sense.  It's the continual negative extrapolation that is amusing/irritating.

As in "We conceded a goal 2 minutes ago.  Yes we're winning 8-1 but there are still 20 minutes to go so if we continue to concede at this rate then we'll lose this game 11-8 and every future game 45-0".
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:20:57 »

I'm ok with Brown.  Much more likely to take us up than down from this division.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:21:23 »

PB took over just after our second worthwhile CB had been ruled out for the season, with 10 games left to play, and no real option to bring some quality in.  Add to that our best GK had just been shipped out, the squad was totally demoralised, and obviously unhappy with the previous regime.

Anyone basing their opinion of PB for us last season based on the above is being overly harsh IMO.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Amir

« Reply #277 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:23:14 »

I put 'Don't care' in the poll but find myself pleased at the news.

Likewise.
Flashheart

« Reply #278 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:26:01 »

That was relatively upbeat from Reg, he seems to be suggesting we'll avoid the drop. Project that into real terms and we're champions by Christmas.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:28:10 »

I don't think I need to seen as Rob T has pretty much done it for me. As Pax also alluded to while your post maybe correct in a literal sense it blatantly ignores all the factors that contributed to Brown's run here (which Rob summed up quite nicely). The fact that you focus constantly on the negatives & never try to project any balance to your post means you lose credibility with me and presumably a number of others on here. It's almost as if you've spent so much time building up an online persona of yourself that you purposely avoid posting anything that might potentially damage the negative perception that you so proudly do your best to maintain.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:34:47 »

That was relatively upbeat from Reg, he seems to be suggesting we'll avoid the drop. Project that into real terms and we're champions by Christmas.

I said at the outset that PB shouldn't be judged on this season, given the injuries etc and hoped the private conversation between PB and Power was have a look and see what you can make of next season.  That has sort of happened by the looks of it.

Certainly, having a gaffer in place who has a few weeks available to set up next season is what we needed, further he's had a chance to look at the bulk of what he'll likely have to work with next season, given what we know of existing contracts.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:39:50 »

You're  Wink Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:40:33 »

I don't think I need to seen as Rob T has pretty much done it for me. As Pax also alluded to while your post maybe correct in a literal sense it blatantly ignores all the factors that contributed to Brown's run here (which Rob summed up quite nicely). The fact that you focus constantly on the negatives & never try to project any balance to your post means you lose credibility with me and presumably a number of others on here. It's almost as if you've spent so much time building up an online persona of yourself that you purposely avoid posting anything that might potentially damage the negative perception that you so proudly do your best to maintain.
I thought your previous post summed it up perfectly. No more needed to be said... Smiley Cool
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:42:45 »

I thought your previous post summed it up perfectly. No more needed to be said... Smiley Cool
Haha, I shouldn't have bit!!

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 17:44:17 »

You're  Wink Cheesy
Schoolboy error Head Hurts

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: