Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135052 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 12:43:53 »

Right then, apologies if this has already been asked. As Saturday is the last game and we cannot get in the PO’s, how long ought we give Power to decide he wants Brown or not or for Brown to decide he wants the job or not? If they both decide they love each other and our club enough it shouldn’t take to ong surely? Days, weeks, hopefully not months like last year.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 12:55:18 »

I'd hope that a decision on PB, one way or another, would be sorted within days, so by the end of next week at the latest.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Panda Paws

« Reply #152 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 13:00:53 »

I'd expect Brown and the out of contract players to know Monday morning.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 13:03:32 »

I don't see why the decision has not already been made, Brown has made it clear he wants to stay (probably depending wages & budget) why are they not already talking, does that mean that Power is not wanting Brown so letting his 10 games expire before waving bye bye, Brown has said in his interviews it has not been discussed assuming he has not spoken to Power.

Let's see what rumour mill can say, you'd guess it's manager related...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 13:11:08 »

Right then, apologies if this has already been asked. As Saturday is the last game and we cannot get in the PO’s, how long ought we give Power to decide he wants Brown or not or for Brown to decide he wants the job or not? If they both decide they love each other and our club enough it shouldn’t take to ong surely? Days, weeks, hopefully not months like last year.

Not sure how 'we' can give them time or not, as its the close season its not as if fans can withhold support or anything like that, the club makes feck all from the fans in the summer so there is no bargaining chip, Power can take as long as he see's fit I suppose, its not as if he has to roll up at the CG each fortnight and get shouted at by the fans between May and August.

I don't see why the decision has not already been made, Brown has made it clear he wants to stay (probably depending wages & budget) why are they not already talking,

Do we know they haven't decided or in fact that talks haven't been held, for all we know Brown could have signed on the dotted line or alternatively Power is waiting to the end of the season to unveil Pardew.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 13:51:01 »

He just said Matt Taylor is the Mo Salah of League 2 👀
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 13:57:36 »

Power can take as long as he see's fit I suppose, its not as if he has to roll up at the CG each fortnight and get shouted at by the fans between May and August.
Tbf, he doesn't do that between August and May either
alternatively Power is waiting to the end of the season to unveil Pardew.
We can always dream ...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:04:34 »

Town manager by the end of tomorrow then...

Sounds unlikely sadly.   I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.... clearly it isn't Brown.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:08:36 »

totally random question but did we ever find out what happened to Jeremy Newton in the end?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:13:58 »

Sounds unlikely sadly.   I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.... clearly it isn't Brown.

Great positive thinking as always...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:19:35 »

Great positive thinking as always...

Yep. I'd have been happy with Waddock.  But then again I was one of the few who thought Flitcroft was OK.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:25:49 »

What's suddenly changed that's got everyone thinking that Brown's out of the picture?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:37:33 »

What's suddenly changed that's got everyone thinking that Brown's out of the picture?

Boredom largely
Flashheart

« Reply #163 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 14:41:59 »

Nothing. And for 'everyone', see 'the usual suspects that always run with their own unfounded conclusions'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 15:31:37 »

I don't think it's a sudden change, but rather a hunch based on the available, or lack thereof, evidence.

It's what football fans do.... all part of the fun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: