Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135150 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 20:31:06 »

Based on the fact we have not had a specific one to one conversation, I cannot remind you. Maybe you should be venting your spleen to the grand fromage himself, rather than a fellow supporter with 45 years of suffering at the same club under his belt.

Yep maybe I should be venting my spleen at the grand Fromage. When it comes to suffering I've put in a shift almost as long as yours. I've had joy beyond belief but so much more sadness, to the point where I sometimes wounder why I bover. The  reason I do is most likely the same as many town supporters, my father bothered. He bothered to take me for years through thick and thin,even when we didn't have much money,for that reason I'm forever cursed with being a town fan. Going back to Brown I don't think he can get anymore from this squad but if he stays can he build and motivate a better one? Where's the funding coming from and who's going to want to join us. If there's a wholesale change at the club we may stand a chance of moving upwards again but at the moment we can only look down.

This is going to get like a Derek & Clive sketch if we’re not careful 😉 You are lucky, my father never bothered, promised but never delivered, so like most of my life i’ve Gone and done it myself. You should know better then if you have suffered as I have....

I agree in as much as Brown cannot get to much from this crop of players as a whole, however, i’m certain you realise like me and others that of the current squad loanees are unlikely to return, contracted players can be retained or offered for sale or loaned out. My hope is that there is a nucleus that can be built around. One better than the start of this season, whereby we have some kind of a springboard to launch next seasons campaign with rather than a scratch side with strangers. Money? Well again email the barra boy and ask or do as I am, wait and see. Exciting isn’t it? Just like Christmas as a kid when you got one thing and a stocking with an orange, nuts and lump of coal. Brings a tear to a glass eye eh?
Sir red ken

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 21:19:35 »

This is going to get like a Derek & Clive sketch if we’re not careful 😉 You are lucky, my father never bothered, promised but never delivered, so like most of my life i’ve Gone and done it myself. You should know better then if you have suffered as I have....

I agree in as much as Brown cannot get to much from this crop of players as a whole, however, i’m certain you realise like me and others that of the current squad loanees are unlikely to return, contracted players can be retained or offered for sale or loaned out. My hope is that there is a nucleus that can be built around. One better than the start of this season, whereby we have some kind of a springboard to launch next seasons campaign with rather than a scratch side with strangers. Money? Well again email the barra boy and ask or do as I am, wait and see. Exciting isn’t it? Just like Christmas as a kid when you got one thing and a stocking with an orange, nuts and lump of coal. Brings a tear to a glass eye eh?
I'd rather it brought a tear to my glass eye than my Japs eye!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 23:47:35 »

I'd rather it brought a tear to my glass eye than my Japs eye!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 07:43:58 »

Indeed, when one looks at the world as a whole, it is only football.

"And all the world is football-shaped. It's just for me to kick in space"

Andy Partridge
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 13:29:30 »

This all strikes me as the foundations of Brown’s pending appointment.
Rumour has it that Brown has bought a house in Tetbury.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 14:06:45 »

FGR then.  Perhaps Cooper back to us  Hmmm
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 14:56:23 »

Haha. Could you imagine it?

First Mansfield take Flitcroft and then we lose Phil Brown to Forest Green.

...and yet, it doesn't strike me and the most ridiculous suggestion.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 15:11:35 »

"Golden Brown, he's heading west."
- The Stranglers

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 16:12:49 »

"Golden Brown, he's heading west."
- The Stranglers

Jet Black lives in Tetbury....  Hmmm
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 17:10:36 »

And a static caravan in Seaham.
Sir red ken

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 20:12:30 »

So let me get this straight. I might not have to worry about PB and the terrible form we've shown with him incharge of our sh1te squad, which isn't his fault, because he's going to FGM rovers! to replace Cooper man who may or may not be coming back to put all his effort into trying to get us relegated next season?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 20:45:08 »

Nope. He's joining jet black in the stranglers. Keep up.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, April 29, 2018, 23:21:56 »

Brown's dream job at Sunderland now vacant.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 04:34:10 »

My dream job of becoming Home Secretary is vacant. I fear I may be overlooked.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:19:22 »

What sort of maniac would want to be home secretary? Hardest job in UK politics.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: