Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's Your Fear?  (Read 13729 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 21:52:29 »

Heights for me too, or more precisely falling. No problem flying, and wouldn't mind the actual parachuting, but there's no way I could throw myself out of the aeroplane. And don't even talk about bungee-jumping.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 22:03:26 »

Daily fears: wasps, spiders, frogs.

Does his avatar shit you up?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 22:13:04 »

Cliff edges. That's pretty much it. No bravado or anything, but that's really the only thing I am not keen on.

I suppose dying alone and forgotten is a horrible thing that I hope will never happen, but that, like a fear of death itself, is surely the fear of everyone.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 22:17:06 »

I love heights,  but probably down to the slight fear factor it gives.
Talk Talk

« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 22:46:03 »

that, like a fear of death itself, is surely the fear of everyone.

I am not so sure about that. I think that as you get older you become more accepting of the inevitable. I remember my mum saying in her late eighties that she wasn't concerned about dying, she felt that the time would be about right for enough life.

Something like this I guess:

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 23:50:56 »

Ian Brown songs.

Smiley

Or psychological horror computer games
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 00:15:17 »

Open heights - I've been to the top of the WTC when it was there and was fine, but did the Stratosphere, saw a woman leaning on the windows (which over hang) and my feet went.  Had to go straight back down in the lift.

Wasps - not so much phobia wise, just hate the buggers and having never been stung, don't fancy trying whether I have an allergy or not.

Deep water - don't like the sense of no sides and nothing beneath me bar water for more than my own height!

Apprehensive of flying - was never that way, this is in the past 13 years and is getting worse if anything.  Started when I flew 3 weeks after 9/11 and our flight was diverted due to a fault in the US.  I think that as an adult, all the possibilities became a closer reality and having no control over the situation makes it worse.  I now have to be at least tipsy to get on the buggers and my holiday to Florida last year must have seen me close to being refused entry!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 06:36:06 »

Apprehensive of flying - was never that way, this is in the past 13 years and is getting worse if anything.  Started when I flew 3 weeks after 9/11 and our flight was diverted due to a fault in the US.  I think that as an adult, all the possibilities became a closer reality and having no control over the situation makes it worse.  I now have to be at least tipsy to get on the buggers and my holiday to Florida last year must have seen me close to being refused entry!

Its an interesting one flying. No matter how many times someone tells you 'how statistically unlikely it is..', it doesn't make much difference to how you feel.

I used to be an uncomfortable flier myself, sweat palms and racing heart, nothing worse, but I think the following things sorted me out
 - Flying to Australia on honeymoon
 - Experiencing turbulence on a smallish (30 seat) twin prop plane - things never seemed so bad in a big plane.
 - Watching Air Crash Investigation - I think its because it has shown that if things go wrong then its not certain death, some things are recoverable.

But alcohol works too.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 06:39:25 »

Losing my sight or hearing.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 08:10:04 »

but did the Stratosphere, saw a woman leaning on the windows (which over hang) and my feet went.  Had to go straight back down in the lift.

Thats where i realised i developed the fear of heights, looked over the edge and my legs went. Then i saw those rides hanging off the side of the tower and the thought of attempting to go on one made me feel sick. 
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 08:38:43 »

Birds, the feathered variety, cant stand em. They move funny, flap in your face and have evil eyes!

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 08:58:35 »

Not scared of heights by any means, but I tend to get an incredible adrenaline rush when I am up ridiculously high and I get an overwhelming urge to jump as well. No idea why! Don't want to die, just think it would be fun. Think this is why I love rollercoasters so much!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:03:12 »

Public speaking, which is ironic given my job. Whenever I have to speak to over 20 or 30 people I shit myself! Once I'm up there it disappears,  so I suppose the fear is more the thought than the action.

It's All Good..............
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:24:03 »

I feel more confident about public speaking as I have got older.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:25:12 »

It gets easier with practice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: