Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's Your Fear?  (Read 13479 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:38:22 »

It gets easier with practice.

Many years ago when I was just a puppy, I was thrown into doing a presentation at work in front of the MD. It was woeful, truly horrible and I was as nervous as hell. My boss decided to send me on a three day public speaking course which was absolutely brilliant.

I would quite happily stand on the Bank on a matchday and give a speech now.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:40:38 »

Public speaking, which is ironic given my job. Whenever I have to speak to over 20 or 30 people I shit myself! Once I'm up there it disappears,  so I suppose the fear is more the thought than the action.
That is usually the case
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:52:30 »

Hertha,  you need to watch the episode of the office when Brent does his motivational speech to an audience  Smiley
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 11:43:59 »

mushrooms, i will run, and maybe throw your clothes off the balcony if you put one in my bed
thompske

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 16:46:59 »

My biggest fears are those such as loosing a limb/s or being paralyzed and confined toa  wheel chair. I know people can live their lives as normal, but i wouldnt be able to. I'd rather die than have to have a limb amputated.
having  been paralyzed from the neck down for a few weeks, learning to walk  again and gradually regaining the feeling in my limbs over 4 months,the most worring when in mid rehab was meeting a bloke with Parkinsons ( I think ) whoes journey was the other direction as he  gradually lost the use of his  ability to do simple tasks I would not like to go  down that route knowing what it was like- drinking tea though a straw was aminor inconvenience. Sad
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:07:54 »

mushrooms, i will run, and maybe throw your clothes off the balcony if you put one in my bed

Is that because there won't be mushroom left?

(I'll get my coat)
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:04:38 »

having  been paralyzed from the neck down for a few weeks, learning to walk  again and gradually regaining the feeling in my limbs over 4 months,the most worring when in mid rehab was meeting a bloke with Parkinsons ( I think ) whoes journey was the other direction as he  gradually lost the use of his  ability to do simple tasks I would not like to go  down that route knowing what it was like- drinking tea though a straw was aminor inconvenience. Sad

I concur with that, i had a stroke a couple of months ago and lost the use of my arm. I have full mobility back now but the thought of having another, worse one and being like that permanently is pretty scary especially when you have seen how it's affected other people.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:39:01 »

Not being able to go to sleep at night - completely freaks me out Sad

Bathtime
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 15:02:27 »

Not being able to go to sleep at night - completely freaks me out Sad

That happens to me all the time. It's not that bad. I'll give you some decent channel numbers for if it does ever happen to you, will calm you right down!
Talk Talk

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 18:42:39 »

I'll give you some decent channel numbers for if it does ever happen to you, will calm you right down!

Chanel Number Five any good?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 18:52:36 »

Has to be claustrophobia.  And, in particular, the thought of being put in a coffin and buried alive is a horror that almost makes me ill when I think about it.  I can think of nothing more terrifying.

So much so, in fact, that I am going to insist on being cremated when the time comes.  No one really knows for sure that corpses have no consciousness (yes, I'm being paranoid), and I just can't run the risk.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 19:14:21 »

Heights and I reckon I have Trypophobia
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 19:25:19 »

That Reg has been romancing my mum  Grin
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 19:27:03 »