Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's Your Fear?  (Read 13733 times)

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 23:16:59 »

Ticketless fans that day are hardly going to advertise it. They were there though I'm sure. Pretty well known for getting into grounds without them. See footage from their cup final vs everton.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 23:22:06 »

mwooly63, something else I don't think I have ever heard, a spectator in Leppings Lane that day say they were in the end having rushed the gates without a ticket, it just doesn't happen. I am not judging because we'd all likely have done the same in the event of seeing Town play in an FA Cup Semi Final. But why nobody say they have a burdened conscience through launching themselves en-masse through flimsy cordons? I HAVE NEVER seen or heard this subject broached. I am sure many in Liverpool have quietly held their counsel on what happened that day.

I can understand where you're coming from, but it seems highly unlikely and a bit conspiracy theory-ish that all these people have managed to keep schtum for all these years. Isn't it more likely that they simply don't exist?

I tend to believe what I've read about "the rushing ticketless" being a myth that doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny. It seems plausible to me that if you have a large number of people walking slowly in to a funnel shaped area then people at the front will get slowly crushed.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 23:56:18 »

There were fans without tickets that got in and fans that were drunk. Both are acknowledged and noted in the Taylor report, both were found not to be a factor in what happened. Well worth reading the highlights of the Taylor report, the sequence of events that lead to the disaster came across as the perfect storm to me.

What I find saddest about it all is that 25 years later some of the families still haven't been able to move past what happened and get on with their lives. I get the feeling they'll never get the justice or closure that they need.

With regards to coverage of the Heysel disaster, what about Bradford? Obviously it has nothing to do with Merseyside, but 56 people died due to an ageing ground and improper safety. Don't see why Hillsborough is a special case.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 09:39:14 »

Liverpool had nothing to do with Heysel it was Chelsea fans apparently! we know that's bollocks, I recall that prick Dalglish saying that they were not to blame either.. What a wanker

Trust we will have a late kick off for the Bradford memorial or was that just a scouse special

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 09:54:07 »

Liverpool had nothing to do with Heysel it was Chelsea fans apparently! we know that's bollocks, I recall that prick Dalglish saying that they were not to blame either.. What a wanker

Trust we will have a late kick off for the Bradford memorial or was that just a scouse special

Bradford usually falls outside the season as on the 11th May
Which is a shame
30th anniversary next season

Sir Pissalot

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 09:57:03 »

I still remember seeing the live TV feed and seeing people come out of the stand with their hair on fire.....and to think that they were the 'lucky' ones!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 10:25:30 »

Sit next to a scouser at work... They take absolutely no blame for it (Hillsborough) whatsoever. I personally think a large portion of the blame does not lie with them at all, but it does seem to be quite clear fans turned up without tickets and forced their way in. But that alone does not kill 96 people.

There's footage from the day, where a fan on the pitch is berating other Liverpool fans for not having tickets. I'll try and dig it out.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 10:25:51 »

Some guy tweeted that picture and said where the fuck was there justice... Police laid fans to blame for that as well I think

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:00:16 »

Sit next to a scouser at work... They take absolutely no blame for it (Hillsborough) whatsoever. I personally think a large portion of the blame does not lie with them at all, but it does seem to be quite clear fans turned up without tickets and forced their way in. But that alone does not kill 96 people.

There's footage from the day, where a fan on the pitch is berating other Liverpool fans for not having tickets. I'll try and dig it out.

I would expect quite a number of fans to turn up without tickets. Don't forget FA Cup semis weren't televised live in those days, so the only way to watch it was to be there. There were thousands of Liverpool fans who travelled to Istanbul without tickets, when they won the CL, and the game was live on TV around the world.

If a number of ticketless fans were hanging around the turnstiles when the police opened the gates, they were always going to smell an opportunity to get in for free, but it caused the deaths of 96 innocent people, which should always be mostly the police's fault for that decision, but if there wasn't a crush outside the ground, they wouldn't have opened the gates...

The 'so-called' independent inquiry last year was not independent as you had four people with links to Liverpool or Hillsborough on the board, from the Bishop of Liverpool, Peter Sissons, born in Liverpool, a producer who worked on the documentary 'Hillsborough' and a professor who wrote a book called 'Hillsborough - The Truth', so they were biased towards Liverpool and the fans.

In the meantime, next year is the 30th Anniversary of Heysel, and nothing gets mentioned about that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:12:12 »

I would expect quite a number of fans to turn up without tickets. Don't forget FA Cup semis weren't televised live in those days, so the only way to watch it was to be there. There were thousands of Liverpool fans who travelled to Istanbul without tickets, when they won the CL, and the game was live on TV around the world.

If a number of ticketless fans were hanging around the turnstiles when the police opened the gates, they were always going to smell an opportunity to get in for free, but it caused the deaths of 96 innocent people, which should always be mostly the police's fault for that decision, but if there wasn't a crush outside the ground, they wouldn't have opened the gates...

The 'so-called' independent inquiry last year was not independent as you had four people with links to Liverpool or Hillsborough on the board, from the Bishop of Liverpool, Peter Sissons, born in Liverpool, a producer who worked on the documentary 'Hillsborough' and a professor who wrote a book called 'Hillsborough - The Truth', so they were biased towards Liverpool and the fans.

In the meantime, next year is the 30th Anniversary of Heysel, and nothing gets mentioned about that.

Spot on

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:15:39 »

Some guy tweeted that picture and said where the fuck was there justice... Police laid fans to blame for that as well I think

Don't think the fans were ever blamed for that.

I saw the picture and don't really know what he was expecting when he said those fans deserved 'justice' when it was his own club at fault for not replacing a stand they had been warned was unsafe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:20:50 »

Don't think the fans were ever blamed for that.

I saw the picture and don't really know what he was expecting when he said those fans deserved 'justice' when it was his own club at fault for not replacing a stand they had been warned was unsafe.

Was due to be demolished at seasons end
And that game was last home game of the season
Who knows it may well have been shut if they weren't receiving the 3rd div trophy that day which undoubtedly swelled attendance

Unfortunate set of circumstances
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 14:08:22 »

I think it's pretty pathetic to constantly bring up Heysel as some sort of counter argument to Hillsborough and I also think it's pathetic and moronic to constantly slag off an entire City/football club/fanbase for events that happened where a contributing factor was (in the case of Heysel) or may have  been (in the case of Hillsborough) a tiny minority of supporters.
Every year the same twats spout the same shit. I doubt the parents who lost children at Hillsborough are in any way culpable, but some deride them as grief junkies?
Moronic.

It's All Good..............
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 14:51:11 »

I think it's pretty pathetic to constantly bring up Heysel as some sort of counter argument to Hillsborough and I also think it's pathetic and moronic to constantly slag off an entire City/football club/fanbase for events that happened where a contributing factor was (in the case of Heysel) or may have  been (in the case of Hillsborough) a tiny minority of supporters.
Every year the same twats spout the same shit. I doubt the parents who lost children at Hillsborough are in any way culpable, but some deride them as grief junkies?
Moronic.

Totally agree.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: