Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's Your Fear?  (Read 13731 times)
kerry red

« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:08:43 »

So, bravado aside, if push came to shove could anyone top themselves if their situation may warrant it?

I think I would/could.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:16:02 »

Yup.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:25:49 »

Yep. Wouldnt have the balls to do something like jumping infront of a train or jump from a building, imagine I could go through with an overdose or something like that.

Hanging oneself doesn't look the most pain free way of doing things.
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:39:49 »

Yeah. It does make you wonder why some people choose that method when there is far simpler ways.

Maybe they are making more of a point.

My brother used to be a part time fireman and by all accounts the old exhaust pipe isn't too pretty for the discoverer
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:53:03 »

If people are going to do it, do it so it doesn't harm anyone else physically.

I have no sympathy for people who do it off a bridge or similar cos it can cause death on innocent people.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:59:21 »

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:04:55 »

My brother used to be a part time fireman and by all accounts the old exhaust pipe isn't too pretty for the discoverer

Uh huh
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:10:51 »

I don't understand why people choose to hang themselves either. The jumping in front of trains I can understand, it disrupts thousands of people so in the victim's warped logic they feel they're getting attention, people know what has happened to them.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:11:48 »

The ol' exhaust fumes in the garage method seems painless.
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:22:01 »

I don't really fear anything.

I'm not mental - obviously it's not like I'm not bothered about dying etc. But it's not something I consciously consider or fear.
kerry red

« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:27:05 »

The ol' exhaust fumes in the garage method seems painless.

OK for the doer but very messy as they do vomit a lot apparently

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:52:36 »

Out living my children.

I firmly believe we only get one life. That's it, no heaven or hell, no coming back as a fish or anything else. You live then you die. There cannot be any other rational anything else.
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 20:22:24 »

Out living my children.

I firmly believe we only get one life. That's it, no heaven or hell, no coming back as a fish or anything else. You live then you die. There cannot be any other rational anything else.

The only correct answer to the matter of life after death is that we just don't know.

I don't believe in heaven, hell or re-incarnation myself. But why should religious superstition have a monopoly over what happens after we die? That's all fictional nonsense anyway.

Life after death could simply be part of physics and nature that we don't yet understand. The world of quantum physics is revealing all sorts of things that we previously thought impossible and we've only just scratched the surface. We also need to take into account that the reality we experience is limited by the processing powers of our sensory organs and brains. Einstein reckoned that time is not linear as we experience and that the past, present and future all exist simultaneously. We are only able to see a 2D version of time.

The afterlife is such an abstract concept that we may never get close to any closure on it, but to begin we need to think outside the box and probably cast aside notions of heaven and what-not.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 20:33:39 »

Being buried alive in a confined space (like a coffin!).

Yep. I wasn't aware that I had this fear until I was watching Kill Bill. I nearly had a fucking panic attack.

Heights is the worst for me, I don't like lifts either.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fatbasher

« Reply #59 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 21:36:20 »

Yep. I wasn't aware that I had this fear until I was watching Kill Bill. I nearly had a fucking panic attack.

Heights is the worst for me, I don't like lifts either.

Heights for me too. Which is interesting as I've been to the top of the world trade centre (NYC) and centre point in Sydney and love flying......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: