Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 112153 times)
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:12:05 »

Power saying on bbc the club has no debt? Maybe crouchy's been up the cashpoint today or topped up his Mondex card. Can't quite see how that is true exactly.
iffy

« Reply #751 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:14:23 »

I dont, the point is that this Crouch fella has prob got huge business contacts, credible ones at that it seems
yes, that's very true
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:23:42 »

Power saying on bbc the club has no debt? Maybe crouchy's been up the cashpoint today or topped up his Mondex card. Can't quite see how that is true exactly.

If he's NatWest then he'll of got fuck all.

Mondex  Smiley  Well I remember, I was part of the trial project....good fun. The company doing the research, paid a number of people to trial Mondex...we got tea and cakes, as well as paid, in the Goddards every so often where we gave feed back, using record sheets of our spending. They gave us cash on the card and we just had to spend it...they then decided they needed more info so gave us another wodge of cash to spend....all in all got a useful sum for basically doing fuck all, never a bad thing.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:26:08 »

all in all got a useful sum for basically doing fuck all

Sounds like my working life
iffy

« Reply #754 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:26:35 »

I remember the trial went really well, and then they said, "brilliant, so we'll charge you £12 a month to have one" or something and everyone just stopped using it immediately.

I also remember that the Mondex trial was the first time I heard the fact that Swindon is the most 'demographically average' town in the UK, which is why it gets used for lots of product trials.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:37:09 »

I remember the trial went really well, and then they said, "brilliant, so we'll charge you £12 a month to have one" or something and everyone just stopped using it immediately.

I also remember that the Mondex trial was the first time I heard the fact that Swindon is the most 'demographically average' town in the UK, which is why it gets used for lots of product trials.

Yeah the last bit is true apparently, well at least was; the Mondex trial was prob mid 90's so a while ago.

I can't really remember why it never happened, other than a vague memory of debit cards and readers etc, improving so they essentially did the same job.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:39:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:44:05 »

Need to get Mondex up and running again. Maybe get Steve Murral to have it as his project. Anyone still got a card?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 18:08:52 »

I had a housemate in Westlea in the mid 1990s called Mondex Mark.  He had a card.  True story.
iffy

« Reply #758 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 18:11:42 »

Need to get Mondex up and running again. Maybe get Steve Murral to have it as his project. Anyone still got a card?

Yeah, they could call it MyMondex and it accidentally rings everything through three times and the bloke in the club shop has to spend his life doing manual refunds because no-one ever did any user testing.
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 18:18:00 »

I had a housemate in Westlea in the mid 1990s called Mondex Mark.  He had a card.  True story.

Let's do a 'where is he now?' on Mondex Mark'. Seems silly not to.
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 18:18:56 »

Yeah, they could call it MyMondex and it accidentally rings everything through three times and the bloke in the club shop has to spend his life doing manual refunds because no-one ever did any user testing.

Or maybe it doesn't go through the tills at all...
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 19:40:30 »

But how the hell are we going to survive without selling players? Our crowds are pretty poor, we have fuck all revenue streams. If Power continues to fund the shortfall then surely we're just gonna end up back where we were in January?

Get to Wembley in the JPT...for all its lack of appeal, it could be a saviour...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 19:48:46 »

Get to Wembley in the JPT...for all its lack of appeal, it could be a saviour...

You only win about 20 quid for winning the JPT. And a years supply of paint
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 19:53:13 »

Both area finals plus final televised
Wont buy a Luongo but everything comes in handy
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 20:31:52 »

The Ground redevelopment could be on again.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: