Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 112832 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:38:46 »

I saw it mentioned on Twitter, but how feasable would it be for the trust to buy Jed's stake?
Probably completely unfeasible. Jed, for all his man of the people act will probably hold out for an offer from Power. Don't think he'd accept what the trust could afford.

It's All Good..............
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:39:46 »

With the very little backing that they have, I hope the Trust go no where near those shares if I am completely honest.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:41:53 »

They've probably got more cash than Jed. And having a fan rep on the board could only be a good thing surely?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:46:08 »

It depends how much he would want for the shares..

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:48:06 »

Whilst I am grateful that Jed saved the club from administration, I can’t help but think we would of ended up there anyway under him.

Hopefully Power can steady the ship and we can finish the season without financial worries and push for a play off place.

The January transfer window will be the first acid test of Powers reign.
It's interesting him saying £400,000 will be invested in the coming months after hearing from several people thats what the Wes going to Bournemouth in Jan deal is worth.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:50:32 »

Biggest mistake they both made was not keeping Paolo at least till the seasons end...no doubt in my mind that they would have hit the jackpot financially with a move up a league.
I believe that the Italian would have got us auto promotion.

So now we move on again.....have big doubts about the man in charge but would love him to prove himself a big success.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 18:51:10 »

He got them for a pound and put nothing in. So why cant he sell them for a pound? Its not beyond possibility if he really is a football and fans man. 40% for the Trust would be good. The supporters would then have a decent say in the running of the club.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:02:14 »

Well everyone on twitter put it to him, if you don't ask you don't get.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #713 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:04:26 »

Just caught up with the day's play. Positive from Power and I'm all for communication without overload (and without twitter).

I think McCrory has done what he came in to do. Babysit until somebody could come in for the long term.  Based on his statement though, you would think he had single handedly dragged us up from nowhere. Nothing like writing your own history. I don't think anybody else will see it like that. Working hard doesn't necessarily mean working well. I suspect he will end up making a profit for stepping up when nobody else did. Dell boy does League One. For that he deserves some credit, but that's the end of it.

I completely understand the apprehension around Power's business history, but let's remember that we don't know the detail. So the business failed with outstanding creditors. That of itself doesn't equate to dishonesty, or mismanagement. It could simply be a case of a business sector that couldn't work and that couldn't pay up. That doesn't affect his ability to run a football club. Time will tell.

We also have no evidence that he intends to rebrand, or relocate. Given that some people give weight to what McCrory says after a few beers in the Tap, and any agenda that may go with that, I'm happy to dismiss that one for now. Rumours start all too easily. Reports based on opinion are taken as fact. Half the story can be presented as the whole. I've been dealing with something at work for the past year or so, and there are stories in the national press most weeks on it. The misreporting and misinterpretation by people who you would attach a great deal of credibility to is surprising. That's not a dig at the press (which continue to do a great job for the fans locally) but just a demonstration that the only thing that matters when it comes to board matters and club finance is the black and white of the contracts and the accounts and the decisions taken in board meetings. The rest is opinion and half-truth that gets spun around on here, twitter and around the ground and quickly becomes 'fact' from someone in the know.

What we do know about him is that he has brought us some fine players. Long may that continue.

Now, for the football.

ps just unfollowed McCrory/McCoy. It's like a timeline detox. Highly recommended.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:08:56 »

We also have no evidence that he intends to rebound, or relocate. Given that some people give weight to what McCrory said after a few beers in the Tap, and any agenda that may go with that, I'm happy to dismiss that one for now.

Just what did Jed say? Rebrand and relocate (where)?

If its come from Jed, I'd take it with a sack of salt, but it would be good to know what was said. The investigating TEF are impressive when they want to be and would likely sniff out anything untoward.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #715 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:16:50 »

That isn't a reference to anything I know he has said. Only that he says things he shouldn't, apparently, in the pub (I stress, apparently!) and that some on here have spoken of Cardiff style rebranding. Perhaps a good illustration on a rumour starting unintentionally....
iffy

« Reply #716 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:18:08 »

Whilst I think it would on balance be a good idea for the Trust to own 40% of the club, when there's a cashflow crisis and the club needs £250k, where do the Trust get their share of that from? Just curious to understand how that would work if there are any Trust bods online.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:23:19 »

Decent statement from Power.

It was pretty clear from day one that Jed had no real financial backing, so he was always going to struggle to be here for any length of time.  He'll miss being part of the club more than the club will miss him.

Will be interesting to see who Power brings in on the Board.  Hopefully his previous dodgy dealings are a thing of the past. 
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:27:23 »

A pint and a Jeagerbomb.......

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 19:27:28 »

Whilst I think it would on balance be a good idea for the Trust to own 40% of the club, when there's a cashflow crisis and the club needs £250k, where do the Trust get their share of that from? Just curious to understand how that would work if there are any Trust bods online.

True but if Jed keeps his shares do you think he'll stump up in that scenario?

The Trust would need a contingency fund though I accept that.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: