Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 112150 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 08:16:12 »

What's that, the fifth person to hold the title of Chairman of Swindon Town Football Club in a little over two and a half years?
This from Sam M last night gives some perspective on quite how revolving the County Ground door has been of late:
Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 13h
I've been with Adver in this role for 19 months. Inc caretakers I've worked with five #stfc managers; four chairmen & three owners. Bonkers.
I know the standard refrain is 'never a dull moment' but a period of relative stability and consistency off the pitch at least would be more than welcome for me.
Understand the sentiment and largely agree but with the important caveat of provided they're the right people in place. If not, would rather see the door continue to revolve until we do have the right people however frustrating and bewildering that may be. Let's hope we do now have the right people at the helm. And behind them.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 09:11:29 »

I'd be interested to know if the money that Power is putting in is from his own pocket, which we would assume to be a loan (didn't the FL tighten up on these rules ?)

and when he expects repayment and at what sort of rate (although I'd expect this is something that would have to be in future accounts ?)

I heard mentioned on RS this morning that he has said he wants us in the championship within 2 years, so do we have a plan for this ?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 09:34:51 »

Not selling Wes in January will be a good start.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 09:56:04 »

This
Panda Paws

« Reply #739 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 10:10:01 »

Employing a CEO would be a better one.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 10:14:57 »

Agree,selling arguably your best player then claiming that you are after Championship football within two years would be at odds.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 10:45:37 »

But how the hell are we going to survive without selling players? Our crowds are pretty poor, we have fuck all revenue streams. If Power continues to fund the shortfall then surely we're just gonna end up back where we were in January?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 10:47:41 »

But how the hell are we going to survive without selling players? Our crowds are pretty poor, we have fuck all revenue streams. If Power continues to fund the shortfall then surely we're just gonna end up back where we were in January?

Exactly...so just say that then is my point Cheesy
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 11:28:47 »

I think this Crouch fella is pretty wealthy and cosy with some other wealthy people. His firm Crunch? one investor in that is worth 800 million I read somewhere or something. could be wrong
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 11:40:36 »

Arbib was one of the richest men in Britain so that doesn't necessarily mean much
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 11:56:33 »

True, these people are wealthy for one reason, they are good with their money
Flashheart

« Reply #746 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 12:15:55 »

I really don't think we'll be getting a sugar daddy, that much has been made quite clear.

That doesn't necessarily mean, however, that money won't be available when it might be considered wise to spend/invest. Andrew Fitton had a break-even policy yet he still spent money on various players.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 13:06:53 »

One of the first things I'd be trying to do if I was Power is see how watertight that contract is where McCrory and Co forward sold the catering and hospitality revenue for the next decade. Understand why it was done, but that's a key potential revenue stream (if it's done properly) gone in return for a fairly small lump sum.
iffy

« Reply #748 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 13:30:14 »

I think this Crouch fella is pretty wealthy and cosy with some other wealthy people. His firm Crunch? one investor in that is worth 800 million I read somewhere or something. could be wrong

From selling a social network to AOL. Do not expect that any of that money will be coming Town's way.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 14:09:52 »

From selling a social network to AOL. Do not expect that any of that money will be coming Town's way.

I dont, the point is that this Crouch fella has prob got huge business contacts, credible ones at that it seems
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: