Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25686 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #90 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 20:43:07 »

Some choice comments from Notts Co. commentary.....

Too fast and powerful for the Notts defence
Incisive passing
Town getting it forward very quickly
Very fluid
The best attack they have faced so far
A pleasure to watch (town)
Like an exhibition match (great football from town)
Notts defence cannot cope
A bit embarassing (for Notts county)
Incredible it's only 2-0
Swindon dominated for long periods
Like a practice match (for swindon)
Swindon 'absolutely dominant' in 2nd half
Totally outplayed
Town have real acceleration and power up front
chunky monkey

« Reply #91 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 20:52:18 »

Some choice comments from Notts Co. commentary.....

Too fast and powerful for the Notts defence
Incisive passing
Town getting it forward very quickly
Very fluid
The best attack they have faced so far
A pleasure to watch (town)
Like an exhibition match (great football from town)
Notts defence cannot cope
A bit embarassing (for Notts county)
Incredible it's only 2-0
Swindon dominated for long periods
Like a practice match (for swindon)
Swindon 'absolutely dominant' in 2nd half
Totally outplayed
Town have real acceleration and power up front

Some choice superlatives
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:08:10 »

Just back - my thoughts :

Very impressed, yes Notts County were poor but the way we pass and move is sublime. Kasim and Luongo are the best midfield pairing since Hoddle/Moncur. Add into that Pritchard, Byrne, NGuessan, Ranger and you do have quite as team. Even Jay Mc is looking like the player we always hoped he would be.

Kasim was my mom. Its ace when you take off Pritchard and replace him with Mason.

Only critiscm is that we need to be a bit move clinical, quicker and at sometimes precise.
In short, I'm loving it. More than I expected and more than last season.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:11:52 »

Should really have won by more, but the ref was a cock. I cannot remember Ranger winning one free kick despite their centre half holding him and pulling his shirt all game...bar the corner, where he scored from !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:17:30 »

Well whats left to say
2 nil and apart from the first 10 pretty much bossed the game
County came to play football and early on found a lot of space down our right.Rangers goal seemed to slow county down ideas wise.
Gotta take your chances ( as rovrum showed )

Both pens down the other end to me so have no clue whether were or not but theirs was a wild one clearing the bar by some distance.
We needed a killer 3rd goal but it wouldn't come despite a good few attempts 2nd half. Kasim let one fly that keeper did well to push away and Byrne hit the post after some good movement from the whole team.
Clean sheet and 3 points at the end of the day
Decent crowd for a friday night game - TE started out vocal but mid way thru the 2nd half the atmosphere had gone flat

Ranger puts in a lot of work upfront and isnt always rewarded, plenty of niggly fouls on him which went unpunished but he never gave up.
Pritchard probably shaded MoM for me. Tireless running on the left flank and some of his trickery is a joy to watch.
Not saying Kasim didnt have a good game too but then rarely he doesn't.

Bring on warsaw tuesday - at £15 will be parked in the DRS for that one
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:18:07 »

That was just brilliant.

Could've easily been 5 or 6 had it not been for their keeper pulling off several fantastic saves.

I can't remember a game where we looked that comfortable and in control.
We seem to have the right mix of players who link up well together and so comfortable on the ball.
Kasim and Luongo were brilliant in the middle, Pritchard was always a handful with his pace and skill and Ranger is so hard to get off the ball.

Fair play to Mark Cooper for what he's done here so far, the best football i've seen us play for years.

Did feel a bit sorry for Notts County, it's not as though they were a bad side, they were just totally outplayed. They were clearly trying to play football themselves and have one or two useful players (Callum McGregor stood out for me), but it just didn't click for them, but I reckon they'll be OK this season and should comfortably stay up.

An automatic promotion spot is not out of the question for us.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:22:30 »

Good win, clean sheet and 3 points. We played some lovely stuff as we have done previously and we should have scored a few more.

Notts were awful (one of the worst ive seen here for a while) and looked like they gave up once the second went in.

However, first half they caused us a lot of trouble despite being dogshit. They had so much space on the right as n'guessan was playing up top. This led to one of the cm going out wide and then their no 8 just ran through the middle on 2 or 3 occasions. We were lucky they were awful as they should have scored especially in the first half but they changed formations in second half which gave us so much more space and they lost their threat.

Very good but still work to do.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:22:38 »

Not yet read through.

Thought Mcevily (sp) and Byrne linked up really well, Thompson wasn't at his best tonight. Thought we played very strung some very nice passes together. Scoreline should've been better. El Gabbas has potential can't wait for him to get to used to League 1 I think he'll link up well with Ranger.

I love how we are playing at the moment and long may it continue.
kerry red

« Reply #98 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:23:15 »

First half Ranger was awesome - completely unplayable. Won everything in the air and the ball stuck to him like cum on a blanket.

As for MOM, I'm in 2 minds. Either JMac (again) or Hall who was immense at the back.

On balance I'd go for JMac - he looks like a real quality LB these days.

Fair play to County who strived to play a similar style to our own - but their players aren't as good.

What is so encouraging is the subs who come on. They just slip right in and there's no discernible difference.

If there's not over 10,000 on Tuesday you can call me Audrey.
Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:28:46 »

If there's not over 10,000 on Tuesday you can call me Audrey.

Quoted for prosterity.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:29:29 »

First half Ranger was awesome - completely unplayable. Won everything in the air and the ball stuck to him like cum on a blanket. DMR's shirt

Fixed for you
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:35:49 »

I think us fans are getting a little spoilt by the way we're playing at the moment. The team seem to toy with the opposition, like a cat playing with a wounded bird. It's frustrating that we don't kill teams off with more goals but we certainly kill their spirit.

This is some of the best football I've seen since the Hoddle days. Perhaps even better?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:49:42 »

I like that cat analogy.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:50:59 »

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Sat in the DRS and the periods of probing passing were roundly applauded instead of mumbling and groaning and not a single audible shout of "FORWARDS" all evening.

We should have scored a couple more but Notts County's goalkeeper had a good game and the ball failed to fall right in the box for us a few times in the second half - getting stuck under Ranger's feet etc. Everyone played very well, difficult to single anyone out really. I've never seen McEveley play like that before, he looks like he's reinvented himself.

Notts County pressed us at the back a great deal early on and we struggled to get into that rhythm that we've become accustomed to but we hardly broke a sweat as they chased us all over the place. A special mention to their #5 who is one of the dirtiest players I've seen for a while.

Shit referee who needs to understand that not very tackle is a foul.

Not sure we have the clinical edge and control to kill off games and that will cost us points against teams who aren't total dogshit.

And it's fucking boring sitting alone.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:53:12 »

I like that cat analogy.

Cheers. I often feel poetic after a glass or two of cider!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: