Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26204 times)
kerry red

« Reply #105 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:53:28 »

I don't go for this 'County were dogshit' stuff.

I thought they were half decent and had plenty of pace up front.

They'll win enough this season
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:55:56 »

I have to agree, they weren't that bad. For the first 10 minutes I thought we were in for a battle, but we made them look poor after that.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kerry red

« Reply #107 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:58:26 »

Exactly.

People should give credit to our players for being good rather than winning by default by County being shit.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:58:28 »

I dunno I thought they looked awful at the back and didnt have much going forward! Passed it around nicely in midfield but I cant remember wes having to make a meaningful save?

They will struggle to score goals and with their defence id be worried if I was a notts fan. Bielkowski is a very good keeper though, made some great saves today
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:00:29 »

Exactly.

People should give credit to our players for being good rather than winning by default by County being shit.
I did give credit to our players but Notts County were still shit bar the odd player. The only way they were going to get back into the game was through a fault of our own making and we got away with it.

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:00:46 »

No 'what they're saying'? Or are they not saying much?

Its called Where the opposition gather nowadays
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:01:19 »

Joy to behold.

Pritchards trick in the corner was the best I have ever seen at the CG....

Just need to kill sides off.

Notts were pish....poor old salve traders better than that!

Roll on Walsall...

Clems Army!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:02:59 »

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Sat in the DRS and the periods of probing passing were roundly applauded instead of mumbling and groaning and not a single audible shout of "FORWARDS" all evening.

We should have scored a couple more but Notts County's goalkeeper had a good game and the ball failed to fall right in the box for us a few times in the second half - getting stuck under Ranger's feet etc. Everyone played very well, difficult to single anyone out really. I've never seen McEveley play like that before, he looks like he's reinvented himself.

Notts County pressed us at the back a great deal early on and we struggled to get into that rhythm that we've become accustomed to but we hardly broke a sweat as they chased us all over the place. A special mention to their #5 who is one of the dirtiest players I've seen for a while.

Shit referee who needs to understand that not very tackle is a foul.

Not sure we have the clinical edge and control to kill off games and that will cost us points against teams who aren't total dogshit.

Pretty much how I saw it, so I won't bother repeating  Smiley

Even the Arkells was applauding tonight and 'Get It Forward' man was either absent or has got the message.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Not that it mattered in the end, but one, if not two Notts County players were offside in the build up to their penalty.

I didn't think County were as awful as some either albeit their keeper kept the scoreline down considerably.  We were just much better.  At least they tried to play some football instead of the usual park the bus routine we so often see.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:36:17 by joteddyred » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:03:47 »

Joy to behold.

Pritchards trick in the corner was the best I have ever seen at the CG....

Just need to kill sides off.

Notts were pish....poor old salve traders better than that!

Roll on Walsall...

Can't wait. We're gonna tear Walsall a new bumhole

Cats are better than dogs FACT
lambourn red

« Reply #114 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:11:37 »

How is Get It Forward Man getting on?  Has there been a sighting this evening?
I had to endure him tonight he just kept shouting forward and booing that sounded more like mooing
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:18:09 »

Enjoyable game, spoilt somewhat by a right twat of a ref, thought our pen was soft and theirs was even softer!!  Think somebody had a word in his ear at half time as he improved a bit in the second half and didn't blow every time a County player threw himself to the ground.  The incident in the penalty area where the guy was trying to get Wes sent off or booked was appalling and worthy of a booking for him.  J Mac had a great game but just seems to lose  his confidence once he crosses the halfway line, thought Byrne had a very effective game, unlucky when he hit the post.  A lot of people thought Kasim got booked in the first half, he definitely got booked in the second!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:25:16 »

That was a good win. The football in the first 20 minutes of the second half was excellent with County chasing shadows. A fairer score line would have been 5-0. MOM for me was Ranger who despite being fouled at every opportunity still owned the centre half. Pritchard and Kasim were also excellent although Kasim gave the ball away on 3 occasions, the first being in the 42nd minute.
Their keeper and no 8 were decent.
The ref was a cock.  
Oh and Sheehans Championship career is going well.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:27:17 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:26:05 »

As a long-standing critic of McEvely, and a sometimes critic of Hall at the beginning of the season, I have to say they've totally transformed my opinion of them with recent performances.

McEvely especially seems like a totally new player.

Fucking hell we have some good players at the moment. Normally in football you suffer internal frustration at players inability to meet the expectations of your imagination. At the moment it's as if my imagination can't keep up with the creativity of the football.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:26:50 »

that was very enjoyable.  one of the best individual performances i've seem in an age from pritchard - where do you fit both him and mason into our current setup?  a very nice headache.

not much left to say about the game really, been said by others already.

don't really think the TE should be singing 'he shags when he wants' about ranger, i wouldn't be a fan of that at all if i were him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #119 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:31:07 »

that was very enjoyable.  one of the best individual performances i've seem in an age from pritchard - where do you fit both him and mason into our current setup?  a very nice headache.

not much left to say about the game really, been said by others already.

don't really think the TE should be singing 'he shags when he wants' about ranger, i wouldn't be a fan of that at all if i were him.
couldn't hear it in the DRS thankfully. I was totally against signing Ranger but to be fair to the guy he has worked bloody hard, hasn't reacted to some bad fouls and hasn't given it the big un. Whoever is advising him is doing a good job.
Anyone who was signing that deserves a fucking good slap - dickheads.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: