Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26208 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 00:37:01 »

Said Thompson was Ill before the game and got worse so they took him off. Obviously the deep clean wasn't as clinical as Fods turds.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 07:47:26 »

Just a reflection on last night, once again we were a bit slow into our stride, they had at least three corners in the first ten minutes - and gotta say their corners were far more dangerous than ours.  Once we got going though there was only going to be one result despite a total twat of a referee, he bought several of their so called fouls, slightest touch and he was blowing and booking players, yet I'll guarantee Ranger has a body full of bruises from being buffeted by that centre half, who rarely had any intention of going after the ball.  Best player at holding the ball up since the Chief in my opinion, we have had better centre forwards but at just holding the ball up Ranger is great.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 08:10:55 »

Ranger is very languid in his style but very hard working and effective.

I commented to a mate last night that he takes a lot of physical abuse but doesn't lose his cool. Is this just him or is he trying to stay "under the radar" and not give rise to negative press in the lead up to his court case?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 08:25:06 »

I would not be surprised if, when he joined, he was given very clear instructions to do just that.  'One strike and you're out.'  He certainly hasn't put a foot wrong so far.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 08:27:58 »

'One strike and you're out.' 

An instruction that a few other strikers in our history have interpreted differently.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 08:58:09 »

Got 40-1 on Ranger first goal and 3-0 so after the first half I was concerned I was going to lose due to too many goals being scored. Still figuring out why we didn`t completely annihilate them - fortunately a covering wager on 2-0 saved the day.

Entertainment value the like of which not seen for many a day - something very refreshing about last night`s performance almost felt sorry for Notts who unlike Tranmere seemed to be trying to get in the game but looked shell shocked for most of it.....what a penalty - just added to the enjoyment and also enjoyed hearing the ` get it forward` man in the Arkells - god that made I laugh. He had a pretty quiet game....

Bring it on......

Bathtime
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 09:18:31 »

Was a great match with both teams playing some great stuff.
Some of the footy we played last night had me literally shaking my head with disbelief,awsome.
Pritchard has ability that is baffling at times in the sense he is playing in LGE1.
Oh and Mcgregor for County looks a very,very good player also.
Heard a crowd murmur last night...when Pritchard dummied the ball through to Ranger,it was a loud murmur you hear now and again at football which confirms that thousands of people appreciate a quality moment all at the same time.
Really enjoyed it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 09:23:18 »

It sounded like we strolled to an easy 2-0 win, I listened to the Notts comms all game and it was brilliant, it never broke up, was good clear quality and you could tell exactly what was happening on the pitch and ho it was going at all times. Brilliant.

Why is it that whenever we beat anyone they start calling for the manager head after the game? can they not see that we are actually an excellent side and you cannot always take into account that when we thrash them, Notts are no exception to the rule even if Notts were shit.

One quote from their matchday thread shows up the ignorance of some fans to our own predicament of ownership/funding etc, and all this from a team that blatently broke league rules over wages with Sven/Sol Campbell only a couple of years ago.

On another note, how do Swindon get away with having the playing staff that they do? They got done last year for breaking the wage cap rule, surely the same beckons this season?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 09:25:01 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:25:57 »

The ignorance of opposition teams is a good thing.  It's a sign that we are flying in under the RADAR, which is what we will need to do if we are going to make a success of this season.  Half of them still seem to think we're in mourning for Di Canio.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:33:52 »

Great display of passing football, with an end result. Winning with style is infinitely better than lumping it and winning. Left The CG with a smile on my face that still hasn't faded.

It's All Good..............
DMR

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:42:27 »

I am increasingly impressed with Mark Cooper.

Damn.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:59:37 »

There was a moment of play last night when I think the crowd went completely silent and it wasn't until the ball went out of play that it got a round of applause from the entire ground. Probably stunned into silence by the brilliance
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 11:21:07 »

Is it just me or does Ranger often look as though he has absolutely no control over the ball at his feet? Obviously he isn't just stumbling his way through with sheer blind luck but he doesn't half look clumsy and lanky doing it.

I wonder how many shots in the penalty area he had blocked last night?
kaufman

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 11:34:19 »

Go to the Notts official site and there's 11 minutes of highlights on there, (no sound).
It's a joy to watch the movement, skill and vision of all the team
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 11:43:32 »

Is it just me or does Ranger often look as though he has absolutely no control over the ball at his feet? Obviously he isn't just stumbling his way through with sheer blind luck but he doesn't half look clumsy and lanky doing it.

I wonder how many shots in the penalty area he had blocked last night?

Has the look of Dave Bamber.
Thought Lone Ranger was fantastic last night. Holds the ball up and that what was missing with Willams.
Nice to see a few long range efforts on target last night.

Just wonderful to watch.

Reckon a team is going to get spanked real soon if we keep this up.
Well impressed.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: