Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64808 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:40:20 »

Oh and he also said that Foderingham was not looking that good at the back and shakey whenever the ball was played in the box.

In fairness, a few others have said this, an Wes has said himself that he had a poor game.
Flashheart

« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:40:22 »

Some have said the guy dived a couple of times before this incident

If that's the case then I have even more sympathy with the ref, and maybe the lino also.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:42:00 »

http://yfrog.com/nesoqz

This looked as though it could have been outside to me, plus I can't see any contact made. (although it is bad quality)

Not trying to say it wasn't a red, after all McCormack seems to think it was so it almost certainly was. Just that we might be being a bit harsh on the ref and if anybody is to blame, it's the lino.

hmm, close, the contact looks outside but his momentum carries him on and he falls inside, so I guess as the rules stand that would be a free kick....
Still a huge let off though, even though it was accidental, still brought in down, last player etc
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:42:25 »

On reflection I can actually see the Shrews' point, places in the same county do have an affinity with each other, after all Portsmouth and Southampton are the best of friends...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:51:57 »

In fairness, a few others have said this, an Wes has said himself that he had a poor game.

I just think there was general panic around the defence last night.  Because of Boateng not really knowing when to go or stay as PDC alluded to, we saw Wes coming to try and claim balls in other circumstances he woudnt have done because he was unsure what was going to happen infront of him.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:00:41 »

Well done to the cocks who booed the team off at half time.  We don't need cunts like that watching us fuck off somewhere else. Also the muppets slating Boateng who didn't even watch the game. Tough game or the lad yesterday and was not the only one struggling. Needs work and has played in 2 difficult games but too soon to write him off.

We will win the league easily. Saturday's and last night's are 6 points gained the hard way. Happy days

100% spot on mate.  The second we went 1 down I turned to mate and told him to wait for the half time boos.  There were two fellas infront of me who were booing and hadnt been to a game all season and then proceded to spend the rest of the game maoning how shit we were, and how they wish they'd stayed at home etc ..... I wanted to tell them I wish they'd stayed at home .... But they were bigger than little old me!!

Yesterday was tough on Boateng.  As PDC alluded to in his interview maybe as he wasnt entriely sure when to go get the ball, or when to back off.  But that led to McCormack having to cover for him a fair bit and on a few occasions saw Wes coming to try and claim balls in the box he wouldnt normally have come for.  He has a turn of pace that gave our defence a different option.  But for a player out of the Arsenal academy his passing was shocking.

We looked miles more solid when Risser came on.

He is realistically now behind Devera, Flint, Risser and even Cibocci for a center back spot and hence think we may not see him again for a while.  So expect him to start on Saturday.

I was delighted for Risser though last night.  He has taken alot of stick, a fair bit of it deserved but he really calmed us down at the back last night and the last 15 were as comfortable as could have been!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:01:21 »

On the radio it actually sounded like a lot of booing, not just a few jears, utter fucking cunt heads the lot of them, totally uncalled for how short a memory do they have FFS.
If you could hear it on the radio then it must have been coming from the Arkells, which is strange as they are mostly asleep in there anyway!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:17:53 »

If you could hear it on the radio then it must have been coming from the Arkells, which is strange as they are mostly asleep in there anyway!
It sounded to me that a good percentage of the boos were coming from the Don Rogers and definitely not just the Arkells.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:25:34 »

Having see the highlights of Turner shouting and berating the officials at the end of the game I can't help thinking that if it was Paolo then he would be banned for life for that, being its mouthy fuckwit Turner he wont even get a warning or slap on the wrist from the FA, how the hell he can allude that the ref didn't give it because he came from Wiltshire is fucking pathetic in the extreme, thats like us complaining that the ref came from Wolverhampton or Walsall....same distance involved.....he is a fucking disgrace.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:28:25 »

And a view from Screwsbury on the sending off....obviously this person didn't go to the game or has even seen it on TV yet.....

Yes we could of missed the pen, but the keeper would of been sent off. Which normally means in today's game a forward would of been taken off so they could bring on a sub keeper.

So Foderingham would have been sent off for McCormack fouling their player.....knobhead, at least get your facts straight before you moan, oh and we didn't even have a keeper on the bench to further invalidate your argument.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:34:30 »

No excuse to boo at all imo. Even if we lost last night the side shouldn't have been booed. Those lads are giving it everything and you cannot ask for more than that.

Boateng isn't good enough to play based on last night,but you don't come through Arsenal if you cannot head the ball or pass it. Infact you wouldn't come through any pro club if that were the case. Good sides force errors and Shrewsbury are a good side. Nerves, the players around you struggling, not being 100% sure of what to do in situations and making an error and not quickly putting that right can ruin a player on the night. Football is all about confidence i am sure that was the main factor for Boateng's performance.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:39:16 »

Quite right arriba.  Hope he gets a start in the next two games, which shouldn't (what am I saying) be such 'pressure cooker' games

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:39:54 »

We have had refs from Stroud, Gloucester, Bath and Bristol in the past and most of those places are closer to Swindon than Salisbury  Smug Fuck Off

I seem to remember a few years ago Walsall vs Swindon, with a ref who used to play for Walsall ! I think that was the match when Steve Finney ? was fouled in the area and no penalty was given despite the fact that his leg was broken ?

From the Dark Side
Barry Scott

« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:41:10 »

And a view from Screwsbury on the sending off....obviously this person didn't go to the game or has even seen it on TV yet.....

Yes we could of missed the pen, but the keeper would of been sent off. Which normally means in today's game a forward would of been taken off so they could bring on a sub keeper.

So Foderingham would have been sent off for McCormack fouling their player.....knobhead, at least get your facts straight before you moan, oh and we didn't even have a keeper on the bench to further invalidate your argument.

Jesus, it can't just be me, but that misuse have of, in your quote, makes it extremely annoying to read.
Flashheart

« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:48:19 »

Quite right arriba.  Hope he gets a start in the next two games, which shouldn't (what am I saying) be such 'pressure cooker' games

I'd agree if he was our player, but he isn't and his development is not our problem.

Let's have Risser, or hopefully Devera, to start the next game.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: