Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64845 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:48:33 »

So Foderingham would have been sent off for McCormack fouling their player.....knobhead, at least get your facts straight before you moan, oh and we didn't even have a keeper on the bench to further invalidate your argument.

Jesus, it can't just be me, but that misuse have of, in your quote, makes it extremely annoying to read.

It's not just you

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:58:07 »

Lucky to win last night, didn't play our best, but we took the 3 points again...8 match winning run and top of the league!

#VivaKenBarlow!
lambourn red

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 11:59:42 »

If you could hear it on the radio then it must have been coming from the Arkells, which is strange as they are mostly asleep in there anyway!

I was walking down the steps to go to the Legends lounge at half time and could not believe it when I heard some of the dicks about half way down booing , I just glared at a few of them seven straight win unbeaten at home since August just beggars belief
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:18:05 »

Had some old cunt sat behind me last night, berating Boateng from the very first minute. Calling him Matanga (fuck knows why).

Thankfully the bloke next to me told him to pipe down, and spoke sense

Things get better but they never get good
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:27:25 »

I've looked at the video of the "Penalty" incident dozens of times now, and it confirms my initial "gut reaction" last night...the contact (clip of the foot) was outside the box, and the players momentum caused him to fall inside the box.  as a result, it SHOULD have been a free-kick and a red card.  However, how many times has a decision like that gone against us this sesason?

As for the rest of the game, Shrewsbury were the only team in in for the first 50-55 mins, and thier gameplan seemed to consist of get it up front as quickly as possible to the attackers who had the pace to cause us some damage.  Last season we could have been 3 or 4 down before the point that we woke up yesterday.  They are a useful team, and I can see them being in the play-off mix come the end of the season.  Not sure I would want to watch every week the amount of "long ball" they played last night though, but perhaps we are spoiled by the stuff we have been seeing this season.

I thought Risser looked like a rock when he came on (very sensible substutution to make) and Ferry was his normal livewire self even though he is recovering from illness.

All in all, very happy to take a fortunate 2-1 win, 'cos last season we would have been on the end of an absolute spanking!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:28:56 »

Could Risser be the new McCormack? I always thought as he was good in the air and relatively calm that he would make a better CB. He's quite slow though isn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:29:07 »

To be fair Rich we probably hit it long more than they did last night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:30:59 »

Could Risser be the new McCormack? I always thought as he was good in the air and relatively calm that he would make a better CB. He's quite slow though isn't he?

No (in my opinion). Risser looked OK at CB, but McCormack reads the game superbly. Not sure Risser has that.

I'll be happy when Devera/Flint are fit again.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:31:00 »

Poor performance, fantastic win! Having beaten Crawley, Southend and now Shrewsbury in recent weeks I am almost certain we will win the league! And thats saying something because I'm a pessamistic bastard at the best of times
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:33:33 »

To be fair Rich we probably hit it long more than they did last night.

I agree, up until the penalty incident, and for some reason that woke them up and got them doing what what they are good at - playing it on the floor with pace.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:40:49 »

I agree, up until the penalty incident, and for some reason that woke them up and got them doing what what they are good at - playing it on the floor with pace.

I think it was as others pointed out, a combination of bringing on Ferry and them losing the left back that shut Ritchie out the game.

Isn't it great to have Rooney on the left too. De Vita has been very good this season and still has a big part to play. But having another more attacking option gives the opposition a double headache.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:41:10 »

Poor performance, fantastic win! Having beaten Crawley, Southend and now Shrewsbury in recent weeks I am almost certain we will win the league! And thats saying something because I'm a pessamistic bastard at the best of times

I was thinking the same.  Looking at the fixture list a few weeks back and seeing those three games looming up was quite daunting.  To have taken 9 points from those games is nothing short of outstanding.  Got to keep the momentum going, though.  Still only February!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:44:37 »

Still only February!

4 of our next 5 are at home, win 3 and draw 1 and I'll officially be excited. Bogey team Cheltenham is the last of that run.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:50:04 »

Risser does lack place and I think he could be found out if he started as centre back every game.  He did well last night though and is an excellent option as cover on the bench either to fill in at centre back or midfield if things need changing.  His height and ability in the air is also a bonus.
kerry red

« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:51:20 »

Looks like the ref has previous . . .

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1927&page=1#37940

Good lad!!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: