Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64640 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 23:50:17 »

it's 8 league games in a row.

However it might only be 5 since we lost to Leicester?

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 23:53:21 »

I know it is really.  BBC don't report very accurately in general was the point.  Aden Flint seems to be routinely called Adam on the beeb.

Never knowingly overstated.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:00:21 »

There is no doubt we were fortunate to keep 11 men on the pitch, but I do wonder if the two blatant dives by them before the incident with Alan Mac had any influence on the referee.

We were also fortunate to only be 1-0 down, before their keeper bobbled the shot to Connell for the equaliser, but after that I thought we looked much better.

And to those that booed the team at half time, get a fucking grip, I think the team are entitled to a poor performance after the great run they have had
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:08:25 »

Quote from: Alan McCormack - Twitter
If Iv ever been involved in a robbery tonight was it. Won't look back on that game with fondness but wat a win. Buzzin wit d lads.

Sums it up perfectly.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:15:00 »

One thing before I retire, turners comments at the end of the match would surely get Pdc in trouble if he were to say the same. To comment that the ref is from wilts is surely implying that not only did he get things wrong but he's corrupt. That's surely a step further than is acceptable? I'm not saying the decision wasn't questionable but the inherent implication in saying the ref is from Wiltshire? I'm sure he'll be fine though. He's not all foreign and flappy armed.

Never knowingly overstated.
Spud

« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:15:58 »

Game changed when they took their left back off.

Agreed, apart from him being a diving Cunt that should have been booked.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:23:12 »

Does anyone know how this years team is faring against Lou Macari's team that got 102pts? We must be on about the same sort of total for games played by now?

Three points fewer, same number of games.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/LeagueTable.asp?Date=1986-2-22

In fact, on this day in 1986, we beat Preston 3-0.... and we were in the middle of what would become an eight game winning streak, the last time we won eight on the bounce before now. Oddly, only the first and last games of that run were at home, the six games in the middle of the run were all away!

Also strangely... we haven't played Preston since then... we've played all of the other 90 clubs in the league in one competition or another.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/TeamDaysSince.asp?Type=Match&Order=ASC
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:24:10 »

Shrews will feel hard done by to come away with nothing from that, played well, particularly their number 14 in midfield.

To nab the win felt so un-swindon like but what's that, 5 come from behind victories now this season? Impressive.

Alan Connell, supersub extraordinaire.

Just going to go look at that league table again before bed...
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 00:31:31 »

Must be a proper deaf git as I didn't really notice booing at half time, just general disgruntlement.

Thought the ref was shit for us too.

Connell and Ferry made the difference. Well done PDC, as well as the good piss take at full time !!
Coca Fola

« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 01:37:41 »

Smiley

* 14992410.jpg (100.12 KB, 400x400 - viewed 105 times.)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 01:46:12 »

Everyone seems to be in unison more or less.  The first half was shit!  Personally, I thought only Cox came out of it with any glory, but even he made some pretty basic errors.  Bodin was lost.  Ritchie and Caddis never happened.  Smith was energetic, and fought (but mostly lost!!).  McCormack was crucial, as usual, but generally the defense looked very suspect (including Foderingham, who inexplicably kept trying to punch - and missed at least once, leaving an open goal.  Fortunately he was judged to have been fouled.)  Boateng was very uncomfortable.

To be fair, Shrewsbury were just much sharper. especially in the air - and (again for some reason) the ball was in the air out of defence most of the time.

Connell replacing Boding had an immediate effect, and he began to win balls, and he was linking with benson very effectively; but Ferry's appearance was crucial - as PdC said, less energy and more quality.  Suddenly the right wing looked much more dangerous, and the whole team gained in confidence as a result.  From the first goal there was a period when we were winning everything, and the crowd got really up for it.  After the second goal, PdC was despeartely trying to get them calmed down again, not altogether successfully, but by then it was written!

The penalty looked pretty clear from where I was, and PdC was completely calm, while Graham Turner was going completely mad.  There is no question that he should be reported if there is any consistency.  He was extremely aggressive at the time of the decision and at the end, when the stewards prevented him from getting to the referee.  Anyway, as someone else noted, the linesman did not flag, and the ref was not well placed to be certain of the foul.

Shrewsbury were big and tough, and on a couple of occasions looked pretty good on the ground, but it was not a great match......but as everyone else has said....Who cares?

The booing came from just behind me in the Arkells, and those concerned were quickly told to shut it by those around them.  the only Shrews chant I could make out was 'Paolo's Arsenal' - which on the first half account was not inaccurate!!!
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 05:36:49 »

just got in from my night shift,  ive been buzzing all night,  reading the posts we didnt play that well but; WE WON ;so who cares, top of the table and games in hand  can life get any better ONWARDS AND UPWARDS  Pint

we are going as warriors
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 05:40:28 »

oh yeh well done sir suggs you'll be on the board if you can keep the momentum going

we are going as warriors
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 07:10:38 »

Sums it up perfectly.
I'd give him a red card for not being able to spell!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 07:25:41 »

I'd give him a red card for not being able to spell!
it's one rule for swindon and one rule for all the other illiterate footballers out there. you make me sick!!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: