Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64790 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 07:34:31 »

Just watched ther incident on sky, foul? Yes. Red card? Yep. Penalty no way, it was outside the box, 100%.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 07:57:35 »

Exactly my thoughts - I was very puzzled by that substitution.

Well, considering he couldn't move due to some sort of groin injury, surely it wasn't that puzzling ?

He was dominating our right side until then.

This, as well as the Connell and Ferry substitutions made the difference. I think we've caught up with the whole season's bad luck in one match, but winning breeds winning.

Is it safe to upgrade my status from 'cautiously optimistic' now ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 08:27:18 »

I shall have a word with the Ref later, and see if i can find out his view of the penalty.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 09:39:18 »

This from the Shrews forum

I have just sent this to the football league for comment i suggest others do the same so we don't have to face this problem again

"Having observed the game this evening from afar I couldn't get to the game please could you explain how a Wiltshire based referee is allowed to referee a game involving swindon who are Wiltshire's only league club.

It cannot be seen as being a clever decision in fact I would go as far as to suggest you have made a mistake.

Any decision now during that game brought raised eyebrows especially a clear penalty decision which if you see it you will realize my thoughts and need to send you this email.

even more important from an honest football fan is to receive your thoughts on this matter.

I await with interest."

I appreciate they're not happy, but you'd think at this stage of the season they would've worked out that the more plausible theory for shockingly bad decisions is that refs are just dogshit in this league.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77762

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 09:43:21 »

It was outside the area anyway...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 09:44:20 »

Well done to the cocks who booed the team off at half time.  We don't need cunts like that watching us fuck off somewhere else. Also the muppets slating Boateng who didn't even watch the game. Tough game or the lad yesterday and was not the only one struggling. Needs work and has played in 2 difficult games but too soon to write him off.

We will win the league easily. Saturday's and last night's are 6 points gained the hard way. Happy days
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 09:45:06 »

If we lost a vital game, and the ref was local, I bet most would moan on here.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:15:07 »

Well done to the cocks who booed the team off at half time.

I kind of read the boos as a way of venting frustration as a "you're better than that" boo, but not as "you're shit" boos. I'm not getting that across well, it makes sense to me. I am trying to say that I think those booing would gladly sing the praises of the team even thought they booed. Unlike last season when booing meant they'd quite happily kicked the useless sack of shits in the nads.

And no I did not boo. This year they deserve everyone to sing their hearts out for them. Unfortunatley I think I have the Ebola virus. All I could do was it and not throw up.

Strange subdued atmosphere at the start of the game last night, even before Town had chance to fail to impress. Liveneed up in the second half.

On Boateng, think he struggled with the pace of the game. No way would even a mediocre centre back missplace so many headers if up to speed. NOt having a pop at him by the way.

If we lost a vital game, and the ref was local, I bet most would moan on here.

Too right. I was spitting feathers as it was when Caddis didn't get a penalty at Wimbledon. If it turned out the ref was 'local' I'd have been furious.

Yesterday rather than being biased  I think he was just another in a long line of shit refs. Very lenient.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:18:43 by Batch » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:26:21 »

It was as much the linesman's fault as the ref's.  Don't know where he was from though.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:27:24 »

Since when has Salisbury been 'local' to us anyway?  OK, it's Wiltshire - but that means nothing.  Swindon is 42 miles from Salisbury - further away than Southampton (23 miles), Bournemouth (28 miles) and even Portsmouth (41 miles).  The idea that the ref was going to favour us because he's from Salisbury is laughable.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:28:50 »

Must be a proper deaf git as I didn't really notice booing at half time, just general disgruntlement.

Thought the ref was shit for us too.

Connell and Ferry made the difference. Well done PDC, as well as the good piss take at full time !!

On the radio it actually sounded like a lot of booing, not just a few jears, utter fucking cunt heads the lot of them, totally uncalled for how short a memory do they have FFS.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:32:11 »

http://yfrog.com/nesoqz

This looked as though it could have been outside to me, plus I can't see any contact made. (although it is bad quality)

Not trying to say it wasn't a red, after all McCormack seems to think it was so it almost certainly was. Just that we might be being a bit harsh on the ref and if anybody is to blame, it's the lino.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:36:03 »

I still think calling Salisbury 'local' to Swindon is a bit strange. There are at least four football league clubs closer to Salisbury than STFC. By all means ask the question, but to accuse the ref of corruption and blame him for the result based on the fact he lives 'only' 40-odd miles away is going a bit far.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:37:09 »

Oh and a very special mention must go to Alan Mcloughlin who had not a good word to say about Boateng (who he consistently called Botang) and also that every time Cibocchi kicked the ball was criticising him, and both commentators made a point of saying that EVERY time he kicked the ball he didn't kick it to a red shirt he hoofed it up the field. Wether that is true or not I dont know as I wasn't there but they kept pointing it out over and over, almost like an attack on Cibbo.

Alan Mac also had not a good word to say about Alan McCormack, after the foul that wasn't given he actually stated that Alan mcCormack will never make a good centre back and should revert to midfield.....I am sorry Alan mac thats just fucking wrong.

Then near the end of the game Alan Mac stated that Alan McCormack was actually having quite a good game.......make you mind up and don't be so contradictory.

Oh and he also said that Foderingham was not looking that good at the back and shakey whenever the ball was played in the box.

I am rapidly falling out of love for the ex town hero.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:38:53 »

http://yfrog.com/nesoqz

This looked as though it could have been outside to me, plus I can't see any contact made. (although it is bad quality)

Not trying to say it wasn't a red, after all McCormack seems to think it was so it almost certainly was. Just that we might be being a bit harsh on the ref and if anybody is to blame, it's the lino.

That's the first time I've seen it. Contact is outside the box. Some have said the guy dived a couple of times before this incident - if so, he only has himself to blame.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: