Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64637 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:42:00 »

Is it possible the whole squad have picked up a virus?

thats ferry's dodgy arse at work
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:42:37 »

You can give us a virus for the rest of the season. We will still win the league.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:42:46 »

Schoolboy error if so... always click 'Send Home' on FM, Paolo should take this in to real life!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:42:57 »

And what has that got to do with Salisbury? So one of the crappest cities in england happens to be near the former capital of Winton. Melskham's not too far from the current administrative capital (or possibly former admin. capital) of Trowbridge, both of which are awful towns.

Time to get rid.

Swindonshire it is then.

;-)

(ps I did know about Wilton).

Cheesy

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:43:07 »

First hour(ish) we were awful. Couldn't pick out a red shirt over 5 or 50 yards, and Bodin in particular looked sluggish and tired. So did Cibocchi and Boateng, but then you can't sub 'em all! Boateng continued to be pretty much woeful, winning almost zero headers when challenged, showing a distinct lack of awareness and positioning, and commiting the cardinal sin of letting the ball bounce, thus handing the advantage to his man. Cibo also tried his hardest to hoof the ball back to Shrewsbury at any given opportunity, and when that failed, managed to find a blue shirt with every throw in. However, with a fair few misfiring players, and a poor first half (and then some) we capitalised on our good fortune and did brilliantly to force the victory. A scrappy win, but one of the most important. Connell and Ferry changed the game.
Can't argue with that description of the game, lucky to be only 1-0 down at half-time and it was a penalty and a sending-off.  Even Wes had a bit of a dodgy game tonight - not as bad as their 'keeper though who gifted us one goal and made a series of errors after that.   Loved the Town end chant "1-0 and you dropped the ball!"
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:44:18 »

Looking back at my O-level biology text books, yes it is feasible, as virus's spread.
That's the problem with them
Flashheart

« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:45:02 »

You can give us a virus for the rest of the season. We will still win the league.

+1
Flashheart

« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:45:52 »

Loved the Town end chant "1-0 and you dropped the ball!"

Brilliant
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:50:46 »

Were we lucky: yes
Were Shrews half decent : yes, particularly going forward
Did we deserve the win : Probably not
Do I care : Nope!

To be honest the first half was probably as bad as we have been all season. The Shrews did a good job stopping our right hand side and deserved the 1-0 lead.

Second half we came out and you could see Paolo had had a word. We looked up for it all of a sudden. But Shrewsbury were still dangerous and probably should have had a penalty and possibly a sending off for McCormack. It reminded me a bit of the foul on Caddis that never was at AFC Wimbledon.

Still, to coin the cliche, sign of a good team is one that doesn't play well and still wins. Top of the league counts for nothing right now, but it sure feels good.

Two dodgy keepers in a row now at the CG.
Dozno9

« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:54:58 »

They were ok moving the ball to 20yrds but then were complete dog shit in front of goal.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:56:42 »

"Although we made a first time to shit, in the second half we had heart, thanks for having supported the whole game."

Cibocchi is becoming a cult hero just via twitter I think.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:58:21 »

If I was a Shrewsbury fan I'd be very pissed off tonight...but lucky I'm a Town fan so tough shit. They fucked all over us for the first hour. Our passing was woeful and we were hitting it long. they got the ball and played a bit like us but luckilly without a cutting edge.
Their goal was a shocker. the ball was headed in from 3 foot off the floor - our marking was shite.
I didn;t think any of our players shone in the first half but Bodin, Boateng, cox and Cibbochi were very poor.
the second half started the same. they had a stonewall penatly turned down and we kept 11 on the pitch. they then missed a couple of sitters. We then have a long range shot thats only grace was that it was on target and the keeper did the rest. Then we absolutely shat on them for the next 15. A fantastic shot from Rooney hit the post / crossbar and Connell scored his second with a combined distance of probably 4 yards.
Shrewsbury fans then kicked off a bit after Di Canio had saluted them or was he taking the piss out of them. They were singing songs about him wanking off his dog but I didn't hear anything naughty but i was in the DRS.
Not a great game but a great result.
If we can play like that and take out a decent team like Shrewsbury then we're up bar the shouting.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:58:35 »

Very harsh on shrewsbury. best team i've seen here this season. Mcoromack should have gone.

Oh well. Ours to lose now

Things get better but they never get good
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:59:37 »

"Although we made a first time to shit, in the second half we had heart, thanks for having supported the whole game."

Cibocchi is becoming a cult hero just via twitter I think.

Sounds like the squad are constipated.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 23:02:18 »

i love Cibo
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: