Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64649 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:20:28 »

Ref is from Salisbury apparently. Shrews boss not happy!

Yeah because there's such a massive connection between Swindon and Salisbury. Salisbury's almost in a different time zone ffs. Hate travelling down that way, we should give them independence from our lovely county of ours!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:21:16 »

Salisbury is over 40 miles away from Swindon. Cheltenham and Oxford are towns closer to Swindon. Bournemouth, Southampton and even Portsmouth are clubs closer to Salisbury.
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:22:25 »

Phew - can't say that that was enjoyable listening! But what a great result!!

YEE HA!  Cheesy

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:22:36 »

We were shit in the first half, and yet I still had absolute faith we would win, and we did. This is fucking bizzare.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:22:52 »

Caddis:
- It was definitely a penalty and sending off
- We've had some shocking decisions this year so it was nice to get one in our favour
- Credit to Connell for the goals. Dont see him get many from distance as he's a box player
- Couldnt put his finger on the turning point in the game, but highlighted the performance of 'his mate' Simon Ferry
- Shrews best team we've played this year. Disrupted Town's game plan
- Always pressure on the team as everyone sees Town as the team to beat in L2. Team is thriving on it at the moment.
- Aren't untouchable, but are doing well at the moment. Team is trying to play football

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:23:22 »

Ol' Ian Longdon on BBC Radio Wiltshire is keen to highlight the fact that the referee is a Wiltshireman.

What are the rules?

I was always under the impression that if a referee was from the same county as a team, he wasn't allowed to officiate in a match involving said team. Weird.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:24:14 »

Yeah because there's such a massive connection between Swindon and Salisbury. Salisbury's almost in a different time zone ffs. Hate travelling down that way, we should give them independence from our lovely county of ours!

Did you know that the Wilt in Wiltshire is from the ancient county capital Wilton(near Salisbury).
In fact it was Wiltonshire for many a moon Grin
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:26:10 »

Did we deserve 3 points tonight, did we get a bit lucky, yes probably? Who gives a shit though, sometimes you need a bit of luck.

Ferry and Connell made the difference in the second half and our never say die attitude brought us 3 points.

The ref was going to blow up for the foul, but looked at the linesman who wasn't flagging and changed his mind.  The foul was just outside the box anyway.

We were poor in the first half, but the booing at half time was nothing short of pathetic.

Loving Paolo's celebrations at the end and his waving to the Shrewsbury supporters after receiving a fair amount of abuse. He is superb and WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:26:14 »

I was always under the impression that if a referee was from the same county as a team, he wasn't allowed to officiate in a match involving said team. Weird.

£20,000 fine, PDC Banned for life and instant relegation as punishment for being sent a ref from wiltshire then?

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:29:20 »

Did you know that the Wilt in Wiltshire is from the ancient county capital Wilton(near Salisbury).
In fact it was Wiltonshire for many a moon Grin

And what has that got to do with Salisbury? So one of the crappest cities in england happens to be near the former capital of Winton. Melskham's not too far from the current administrative capital (or possibly former admin. capital) of Trowbridge, both of which are awful towns.

Time to get rid.

Swindonshire it is then.

;-)

(ps I did know about Wilton).
Spencer_White

« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:30:24 »

Shrewsbury were a tough nut to crack.

We cant rely on Boateng, thought Risser made us look better at the back. Smith was pretty bad first half, but there was no movment up front until Connell came on. Pretty sure Connell looked knackered after 30 minutes (he did run his socks off) but you have to wonder if he has had a virus as well.

I was cringing when the first half extra time board went up. I knew some twats were going to boo. 7 wins in a row, and they boo us of against the best team weve played in the league all season. And yes, if you booed you are a twat. Just because you live in Swindon doesnt mean you need to be negative about everything. Paolo's making things happen.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:33:28 »

Worst performance of the season, yet we still won! Yes it was daylight robbery (it's lovely to say that) but that's the sign of a Championship winning team.

Looked a blatant professional foul by McCormack from my seat in the SB end of the DRS, so fuck knows how we got away with that. But that must be the first wrong decision that's gone for us all season.

Ferry and Connell made a huge difference when they came on. I really hope Devera's fit on Saturday because the Arsenal kiddy isn't up to league football.

Good chance to put things right on Saturday, but we won't play a better side than Shrewsbury for the rest of the season.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:34:09 »

First hour(ish) we were awful. Couldn't pick out a red shirt over 5 or 50 yards, and Bodin in particular looked sluggish and tired. So did Cibocchi and Boateng, but then you can't sub 'em all! Boateng continued to be pretty much woeful, winning almost zero headers when challenged, showing a distinct lack of awareness and positioning, and commiting the cardinal sin of letting the ball bounce, thus handing the advantage to his man. Cibo also tried his hardest to hoof the ball back to Shrewsbury at any given opportunity, and when that failed, managed to find a blue shirt with every throw in. However, with a fair few misfiring players, and a poor first half (and then some) we capitalised on our good fortune and did brilliantly to force the victory. A scrappy win, but one of the most important. Connell and Ferry changed the game.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:38:23 »

Connell again:
- Received MoM
- Wasnt well last night. Must have ate something that upset him.
- Only felt well when he went onto pitch
- Acknowledged that they didnt play well
- Delighted to get 2 tap ins
- Crowd got behind team even when team was 1-0 down
- Hard to continually put good performances in. Good to win scrappy against a promotion rival
- PDC pointed out what they were doing wrong in 1st half and they were able to put it right in 2nd
- Difficult playing catch up from poor start. Pleased to be top.
- Great feeling every time he scores.
- Loves playing at Swindon
- Possible penalty: Looked like it could have been a penalty/sending off.
- Luck on our side tonight
- Need to focus on Accrington on Saturday
- Lots of recovery sessions rather than hard training because of the fixtures falling every Tuesday and Saturday at the moment. Could be the reason why they started a little flat tonight.
- Too ill to drink champers tonight. Hasnt drunk any of the 3 bottles of champers he has got for MoM

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 22:39:58 »

Is it possible the whole squad have picked up a virus?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: