Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the countdown to 52  (Read 46724 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 23:38:57 »

Can we use this count down for next season too?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 01:07:43 »

I can't accept that we're down.
I think you need to start accepting it
WE CAN FUCKING DO THIS....
Typing it in caps doesn't make it any more true. You do realise that while you're typing in caps in the vain hope that that will somehow make it more likely it will be true, the players you're relying on to make it so are all out on the piss in The Spot/Longs/Insert-whatever's-this-season's-trendy-watering-hole-of-choice-to-piss-our-hard-earned-season-ticket-money-for-fuck-all-return-up-against-a-wall don't you?
I don't know why I'm saying this.

Help me.
If you still think this lot of tossers can keep us up, you're beyond help. Sadly, so am I Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 10:45:40 »

I know people say we have to achieve play-off form to stay up.

I'm looking at it like we just have to better than those around us to stay up. And I think we might just do that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 10:47:41 »

not even play off form would keep us up!

Also, no good if from now till the end of the season we get 2 more points than Dagenham!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:22:11 »

The thing is though that the logic is a tad flawed.

If (yeah I know, 'IF') we put together a bit of a run, then the points needed per game for future games will drop. We will not need to continue that level of form for the rest of the season.

Saying that we need promotion form is misleading.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 13:08:34 »

It clearly not an impossible task.

But taking into account our current form and our massive 2 points from three crucial games. Coupled with the fact we have three away games coming versus Huddersfield, Brighton and (we always draw against) Exeter  - it is so close to impossible its not worth splitting hairs over.

[url width=120 height=160]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r66/batch_2001/stuffed.jpg[/url]
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 13:12:40 by Batch » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 14:10:07 »

The thing is though that the logic is a tad flawed.

If (yeah I know, 'IF') we put together a bit of a run, then the points needed per game for future games will drop. We will not need to continue that level of form for the rest of the season.

Saying that we need promotion form is misleading.

So, if we win our next 6 games we only need to draw 1 of the last 4. Maybe not even that if "stay up level" turns out to be 50. Piece of cake.

I see what you mean.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 14:49:49 »

So, if we win our next 6 games we only need to draw 1 of the last 4. Maybe not even that if "stay up level" turns out to be 50. Piece of cake.

I see what you mean.

Which would be 1.90 points per game. 19 from 10 games

Which over a season would be 87 points, which would be promotion form...still...
Spencer_White

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 18:54:31 »

I feel a little bit more optimistic today, just for the reason that I think weve got a bit of quality up front now. Andrew and Grella, with Benyon to come off the bench is not bad at all.

I guess what Im saying is, I can see us winning a few games before the end of the season now.
Coca Fola

« Reply #264 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:07:55 »

I think it will be less than 50 to stay up this season. 47/48 I think.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 20:28:53 »

I feel a little bit more optimistic today, just for the reason that I think weve got a bit of quality up front now. Andrew and Grella, with Benyon to come off the bench is not bad at all.

I guess what Im saying is, I can see us winning a few games before the end of the season now.

I think Hart is fixing what is broken.

Look at the impact Andrew has made. This N'Diaye chap is still to come yet and is supposedly a much better prospect
Spencer_White

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:18:16 »

Id say things are comming together. Wilson didnt get much luck with Benyon's injury. Grella was too late for DW.

Fair play to Hart for Andrew though, and fair play for realising we couldnt rely on Obika with his work rate and kicking him into touch.

We're ready to win again. Shame we now have a difficult run of games.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:22:53 »

I think Hart is fixing what is broken.

Look at the impact Andrew has made. This N'Diaye chap is still to come yet and is supposedly a much better prospect

Who's that? I missed that one obviously.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:25:08 »

Who's that? I missed that one obviously.

Another big lump from palace, midfielder.

Was supposed to come with Andrew but he picked up a knock or something. Palace fans rate him much higher than Anddrew.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:26:46 »

Admittedly I've only seen Andrew once yesterday, but he reminds me of Paynter when he first came. If we're in this league next year i would put a cheeky bid for him. He's 24 and can still improve. Look at Paynter before he came to us, he had all the attributes but just couldn't score regularly. We could improve Andrew if we were to buy him and give him games. Who knows. Let's just hope he finds the net a few times for us this season. The effort he put in yesterday was outstanding.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: