Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 Play Off Final: Millwall V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36143 times)
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:25:53 »

Just back. I thought we were crap in the first half against Charlton, but we were even worse today - out-fought and outplayed all over the pitch. Second half we improved, without really looking like scoring apart from Charlie's chance. By Christ that pitch is a disgrace.

Agree with what's been said about the atmosphere - a combination of too many day-trippers and a poor performance. A lot easier for Millwall to make more noise - they were the better team, and they've only got two songs, one of which is just an extended belch (Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllll)

At least we won't playing those horrible cunts next year.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:35:20 »

I think everything's been covered on here. Just a shit performance from the players and fans alike. A few of us in block 128 kept singing but there were too many plastics and empty seats to get anything going. Nothing like atmospheres in 90 or 93 - is it the new Wembley or modern fans?

I really hate football at the moment.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Jazuk31

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:35:43 »

Have to say that the performance of our support in general was worse than the team.

I would have to say that it sounded like the 3,000 that went to Charlton outsang 30,000 from today.

Overheard several twats on the way out saying we were shit & that they wouldn't be going to watch them again.

completely agree, support for team was completely horrendous!  I have been to Swindon games with about 6000 with more spirit and compassion

the block I was sat in was so reserved, not many of them were singing or shouting encouragement! Shame were so many daytrippers! Wish they were come back next season to matches.....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:36:34 »

Metal ceilings are hard. My knuckles hurt.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:38:16 »

We froze, simple as. Millwall handled it far better, and deserved the win. As for the crowd, nothing much to get everyone going, so understandable really, Disappointed, but we'll be back next year, of that i'm positive. Well done the board, manager, and players , for an excellent season. Shame we just fell short.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:39:42 »

My thoughts:

We were poor in the first half, but improved markedly in the second. Very poor goal to concede but you couldn't sat that it wasn't coming. I feel sorry for Charlie, but the ball did take a massive bobble just as he was about to strike it...even though no one around me saw it. Millwall players closed our players down quicker that we did them and kept our important players quiet for large parts of the game and we wasn't able to counter that. Morison was the big danger, but I thought Cuthbert was our best player by far, and kept him quiet for large parts.

Even though we lost, who would've thought we would've been here after getting beaten by the Pikeys on the opening day of the season.

And for Charlie...Keep your head up high, because without you we wouldn't have got their in the first place.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:43:59 »

we didn't turn up and got what we deserved - nothing.

the atmosphere was flat. i was sat in front of someone who spent the 30 minutes leading up to kick-off complaining that the seats were "terrible" - i was in block 141, row 37 - then promptly got on amankwaah's back for the entire game. a few seats along from me was some moron who spent the entire game berating our fans for being shit.

douglas and cuthbert can sleep tonight knowing they didn't let themselves or the side down. the others were a total disappointment - jean francois was terrible, amankwaah was like a nervous kitten, ward couldn't stand up straight... i could keep going on and on.

but the lads did well to get to the final, we've had a good season and it's gutting to lose the way we did. millwall knew what to expect today, they knew how to deal with the occasion and did so.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:52:12 »

What a shit day. I thought that whatever the result, i would still enjoy a good day out, but no. It was shit. Fucking pissed down all day, got drenched.

Millwall fans are utter cunts. I dont care what anyone says about them just having a 'bad reputation' They are all pikey cunts, fucking vermin. Walking along Wembley way with these 2 old chaps in Swindon scarf's and about 15 (no exaggeration) Millwall fans jumped on them and started shouting 'we're gonna do you and you shit club you wankers' and just being aggressive .It's just not neccesary. If town fans go looking for trouble then fair enough but just attacking innocent people. They were there to be intimidating and make the day worse for others.

It is a fucking ace stadium though, worth the money. Our support was total wank. All these fucking daytrippers plastic cunts who come, sit there and then moan and create no atmosphere, they just ruined it. I would rather have 10,000 proper Town fans there, at least we could back the team and create some atmosphere. Oh and the cunts in front of me who smoked throughout the game and left 10 mins early declaring 'this is shit'. Cunts

First half we were shit, totally outclassed, they looked like they were about to score every time they attacked. Second half was better but we still looked week at the back, they deserved it. Shit pitch cost us dearly aswell.

Then on the way out, just to finish my day off niceley, two 'fans' behind us concluded that Austin was shit and is a non-league player at best! I was so close to turning around and punching him in his cunting plastic face.

So frustrated, absolutley gutted. I just dont think these opportunities come around very often and it may be a while before we get that chance again. Although, the board are building a strong platform for us to challenge agian and if we can keep the core of our team and add a bit more depth then i see no reason why we cant challenge next year.

What a fantastic season though, everyone at the club has done themsleves proud. We have achieved so much, we just need to build on it.

And on the upsided, Millwall aren't in our league anymore.  Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:52:34 »

Two good things for me today, firstly we dont have to play Millwall next season, secondly i'll be able to get a fucking beer at half time, when we have 300 at Rochdale, every cloud....
adje

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:56:28 »

Ugh. Fucking hate this feeling. We were very poor today. Just got bullied off the ball. Somehow we scrambled some chances together, but wasted them. Our midfield was a non-event. JFL was the worst player on the pitch by a long stretch.

no-that was Amankwah,surely

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:56:51 »

And i've never been to Rochdale. Got to take some positives!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:58:54 »

And i've never been to Rochdale. Got to take some positives!

Neither have i, infact bar them, it's grim reading for new grounds next year, as i've been to all 3 that are coming down, and the other 2 coming up
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:00:36 »

Yeh, allthough i have relatives in Devon, so can make a good weekend of Plymouth Away.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:04:47 »

Two good things for me today, firstly we dont have to play Millwall next season, secondly i'll be able to get a fucking beer at half time, when we have 300 at Rochdale, every cloud....

I forgot the positive, I get a home game next season.

unless it's early in the season when I'm on fucking holiday that is
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:11:03 »

I think the game has been summed up well.

First half JPM was too narrow leaving Amankwaah isolated. For that reason Kev never had an option, and although he was poor today I think people are failing to take that into account. Second half JPM stuck out wide for 10 minutes and we had our best spell with Kev overlapping him and causing their defence some problems. We looked good for one or two spells when we played our usual game. Unfortunately the neat moments of football were few and far between. As for the support, I think it would have been better had the team looked slightly threatening, but it was still poor.

I'm not going to get too upset. I didn't expect us to get to the final and I knew it could go either way today. For Charlie to miss like that is absolutely gutting - he was distraught after the game. Haven't seen a replay yet but if the bobble is as bad as people say then he can't punish himself for it.

Still, next season looks promising. Look how much we improved over the course of last summer! Hopefully Danny can pull in a few more gems and give us a very strong team for next season.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: