Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley forum comments from Swindon supporters ...  (Read 20045 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:04:58 »

If you cant find any passion, to even stand up and cheer the team - 10 minutes to go, 1-0 down in a play off final then you arent a supporter, as pauld says you're a spectator.

I think there's a lot of truth in that.  Both groups (supporters and spectators) have every right to be there.  And next time we're in a similar situation, I hope we find a way of segregating the supporters and the spectators so the supporters can have a good sing (and generate some atmosphere, hopefully) and the spectators can enjoy the spectacle without fear of intimidation.

Despite one of the comments made earlier in the day, I think it's probably in Wembley's interests to help facilitate this.  In the longer run, the stadium could acquire a reputation for being a soulless bowl with no atmosphere - which no-one wants, least of all the stadium owners.
Gorse Hill Red

« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:35:57 »

I think there's a lot of truth in that.  Both groups (supporters and spectators) have every right to be there.  And next time we're in a similar situation, I hope we find a way of segregating the supporters and the spectators so the supporters can have a good sing (and generate some atmosphere, hopefully) and the spectators can enjoy the spectacle without fear of intimidation.

Despite one of the comments made earlier in the day, I think it's probably in Wembley's interests to help facilitate this.  In the longer run, the stadium could acquire a reputation for being a soulless bowl with no atmosphere - which no-one wants, least of all the stadium owners.

i totally agree ,i was getting very frustrated that there were only me and a few others singing in block 233
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:39:23 »

It was great towards the end when Swindon started pouring forward and the whole Swindon end jumped to its feet and roared the team on. Unfortunately, that was with around 30 seconds to go. Although as many have said, it might have been partly due to the fact we never looked dangerous.

I agree with Ardiles about the "segregation". It's in the interest of the fans, the team and Wembley.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:41:16 »

It was great towards the end when Swindon started pouring forward and the whole Swindon end jumped to its feet and roared the team on.

You're thinking of Charlton.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:44:19 »

It was great towards the end when Swindon started pouring forward and the whole Swindon end jumped to its feet and roared the team on. Unfortunately, that was with around 30 seconds to go. Although as many have said, it might have been partly due to the fact we never looked dangerous.

I think that's a massive factor. If we'd actually done something on the pitch the support would have been a lot better. There was fuck all for people to get excited about and I personally think the criticism of the support has been a bit OTT, as indeed it has been all season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:47:08 »

I think that's a massive factor. There was fuck all for people to get excited about and I personally think the criticism of the support has been a bit OTT, as indeed it has been all season.

Great post...most forums i look at say Swindon are up there with the best with regards vocal support...even Leeds are fairly impressed.
We have great support...it was just one of those days on Saturday.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:48:16 »

We're going up automatic next season anyway, so this debate is irrelevant.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 18:53:21 »

I'd say there was plenty of noise before the game - everyone seemed to be joining in then without being 'encouraged' by the 'look at me' brigade.

Unfortunately the performance on the pitch didn't keep that momentum going. I'd agree it was poor during the game. It's a chicken and egg situation for me.

I'm not one of the most vocal persons in the ground, but I take umbrage at being called a 'non supporter'.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Talk Talk

« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 19:17:21 »

I'm not one of the most vocal persons in the ground, but I take umbrage at being called a 'non supporter'.

Non supporter.
TownLoyal

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 19:23:16 »

i totally agree ,i was getting very frustrated that there were only me and a few others singing in block 233

I was stood by the back wall of 233 and think I only saw 4 people joining in (including me!)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 19:25:04 »

Non supporter.

I'm fully umbraged.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
SN1_Loony

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 19:40:41 »

This might be bollocks but i think the lack of singing/chanting was down to the way the tickets were sold?  Hmmm

In 90 and 93 we all turned up and qued, the loyal supporters were all there early? waitng for our tickets.
So when the tickets were purchased they were all close together? So when the singing began it carried around to the others in the stadium. I can still remember to this day the COYR in 1993 was so loud you felt it inside you?

As I said this may be bollocks.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 19:58:45 »

That wasn't what I meant. Or at least I didn't mean it to have that meaning. Erm, I'm not sure what I meant any more. But it certainly wasn't to call you a "non-supporter". Apologies if I did.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 20:58:11 »

was in block 232 after originally buying seats in 129, i regretted that massively after being continuously told to sit down...because they had some 'town fan' sat behind text in complaining from their mobile phone....allegedly of course....no atmosphere at wembley on saturday and there will only be an atmosphere there from a club our size if those that chant are in and around the same blocks....as much as I hated the lack of atmosphere, I for one would be happy with a place in the final next year right now and would hope that lessons have been learnt from saturdays experience both on and off the pitch with a better result from both!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: