Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 Play Off Final: Millwall V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36180 times)
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:26:34 »

Yep Lescinel was awful, He should be released i feel, People might disagree but that's my opinion he's the weak link, Amankwaah was good going forward but looked shaky at the back, Cuthbert was probably our best player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:26:55 »

better team won, to be honest we were poor and got out muscled. millwall didn't play football but didn't have to.

not as gutted as I thought, but don't want to think about football for a few days.

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:29:32 by Batch » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:30:00 »

Jean-Francois has performed much better than I expected when he joined. I expected a Noubissie or Gnapka et al. His conduct was beyond inspiring during the Haiti earthquake.

He's a scapegoat, without doubt, but we could find better.
Jazuk31

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:31:28 »

We were defensively not there in the first half! We only started attacking in the second half.

Really disappointing considering how well we didwith Charlton! We threw it away

At least there is next season, I suppose!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:37:46 »

I hope many of the new TEF'ers who started contributing during the Play-Offs stick around and keep posting. I know many have been in the shadows a while.
magic8ball

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:40:22 »

Saw a little bit of aggro with a few lads after the match but I think they were all Town fans who'd had too much pop. No problems with Millwall.

We could do with a bit of a review of the team. We just looked lightweight today. We're gonna need a replacement for Ward, O'Brien is awful.

Need to tighten up at the back too. I'd rather see solid, reliable defenders.  

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:41:52 »

Jean-Francois has performed much better than I expected when he joined. I expected a Noubissie or Gnapka et al. His conduct was beyond inspiring during the Haiti earthquake.

He's a scapegoat, without doubt, but we could find better.
Sorry, but I didn't see many other players so far out of position so regularly, and look so hopelessly outclassed throughout the game. He was awful.

Also, milwall fans are cunts. Utter, utter cunts.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #277 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:42:34 »

On the day leggett, yes I agree.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:43:31 »

Saw a little bit of aggro with a few lads after the match but I think they were all Town fans who'd had too much pop. No problems with Millwall.

We could do with a bit of a review of the team. We just looked lightweight today. We're gonna need a replacement for Ward, O'Brien is awful.

Need to tighten up at the back too. I'd rather see solid, reliable defenders.  

I totally agree about O'Brien, Have said it for ages he's an athlete nothing more, All pace but fuck all else.
Highland Robin

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:46:51 »

From the TV view, I don't think it is fair to pick our single players.  It simply wasn't a good enough performance by the whole team.  I thought Cuthbert, Sheehan and Lucas had pretty good games, but no-one else looked up to the mark...and that maybe more to do with Millwall closing down our danger men extremely effectively.  Austin had some good touches, as always, but the sharpness wasn't there from anyone.

As for next season, well you just don't judge on this one game....I just hope that, even if Paynter goes, as seems likely, we manage to keep everyone else - even Ward back on loan, and then strengthen with a few more.

But its been a great season...thank to everyone in every part of the club
Rich Pullen

« Reply #280 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:48:58 »

Good call Highland. But those coming back from London will have a far worse feeling of frustration after that performance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:54:02 »

lecs wasn't the problem today. collective fail. next season is unknown, just hope our chance comes again soon.
magic8ball

« Reply #282 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:55:07 »

Tis very frustrating. Just wanted them to play like we all know they're capable of playing but that didn't happen.

Gonna be a difficult season next year what with the departing of a few players and there being a few big sides to contend with.

Onwards and upwards though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:57:17 »

Depends what you mean by problems. They were spitting at and banging on the windows of the coaches and making every hand gesture possible. Wasn't just a few of them either, it was the majority of them within the vicinity.

Makes you wonder what they'd have been doing if they lost.
Div

« Reply #284 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 16:58:15 »

For whatever makes sense,

Millwall knew exactly who to keep out of the game. Paynter, Austin, Ward, Ferry, Douglas...non of them offered anything today because they were all over them like flies over hot shit. They knew O'b was quick, and when he came on he couldn't even get the opportunity to use his pace because they closed him down so quickly - don't care that he can't actually play football, but his pace would have been handy to use.

Lucas, made me laugh. Cuthbert let morrison in once but got back in time to stop more damage, but JPM's deliveries were shocking today.

Millwall didn't let us play the football we wanted to play, other than the five minutes after half time time, and the Wembley pitch needs to be fucking sorted out. I've never thought a pitch, any pitch other than sunday morning, pub pitch, could affect a game - i was fucking wrong. England 2018 - FUCK OFF. If we had scored then, we would have won, their heads would have gone down, and they were already defending deep. Austin misses, and you could immediately see everyones head go down.

On a positive note, i should be a football commentator, every time i gave a fact, comment or opinion on the game, the sky lads would say exactly the same - only 5 minutes later, when it has no affect on the public.

Better team won on the day, we were shit first half. Lesc was out of place, lost concentration just generally bad. Lucas didn't actually have too much to do, and Cuthbert played alright. But, further up the field, nothing. Well played Millwall. I still ove Charlie, and i still love danny, but that fucking cunt earlier in the thread:

FUCK YOU, YOU INBRED PIECE OF COW SHIT, ALL RUNNY LIKE A MCDONALDS CHOCO MILKSHAKE, AND BITTY LIKE A COCO-POP BREAKFAST BAR.

Oh, and to me, this only feels like a loss. We were never expected to get to this point, glad we did, but there is always next season (...and the one after...) We played shit on the TV once again, i'm never doing to watch on the tv again. This day started shit, and it's ending shit, still, Boooooze  Beers.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: