Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 1505 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518146 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22515 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 11:54:05 »

Byker?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22516 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:19:38 »

Former town legend....

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17848314.ex-striker-honoured-blue-plaque/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:24:30 by 4D » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22517 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:35:00 »

And they cant even spell The Don’s name correctly.

Rodgers - I despair.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22518 on: Thursday, August 22, 2019, 13:03:37 »

Apple have managed to design a credit card that can be damaged by leather and denim i.e. wallets and jeans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49435687

The Hipster stupidity tax in full effect.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #22519 on: Thursday, August 22, 2019, 17:40:12 »

Apple have managed to design a credit card that can be damaged by leather and denim i.e. wallets and jeans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49435687

The Hipster stupidity tax in full effect.

More likely intentional to a degree. They've been making shit "Apple only" products for a while now but the brand is so big it does give them licence to sell 'shit on a stick'. They know that even if this card isn't fit for purpose, people will buy it as those that are obsessed by any brand power (we likely all have a guilt in this somewhere, STFC is an example if we're honest) are sheep to the machine I tell thee!

It's simple but clever. Money for old rope. I still don't get how the concept of airpods work ergonomically, especially as they just don't. Which is why they quickly integrated "airpod holsters" that are ironically connected to a wire...some of those cunts are having a right old laugh;

"Hey AppleRuss, I've got a great(shit) idea!"
"Go ahead, AppleBob."
"Well we sell 1ply toilet paper but then we offer upgrades once purchased, all the way up to 10ply."
"Wow, I mean people probably only need 4ply at best but that is genius AppleRuss!"
"We could sell them up to 4ply, then force them to purchase a second roll, which would give them 8ply, but if we make the 10ply option the same price as 8ply then the suckers will go straight for 10."
"Oh yess now you're talking Russ, we should make them only a specific size and shape so they have to buy our 'Apple Roll' holder too! You see cos that Russ is true capitalism!"

*Russ and Bob both smile, one slurps coffee from a Samsung mug and the other gleefully plays on his Google Pixel 4 (obtained for free at E3)*

Anyway, they should get with the times, a physical card is becoming old hat. They already have Apple Pay so tech wise it is a step back. Maybe that's part of the ploy - make it so shit that the customer base transfers more seamlessly onto a digital wallet.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22520 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 08:43:20 »

This is genius - "Football Manager Haircuts on Politicians":
https://twitter.com/visualsatire
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #22521 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 09:07:52 »

More likely intentional to a degree. They've been making shit "Apple only" products for a while now but the brand is so big it does give them licence to sell 'shit on a stick'. They know that even if this card isn't fit for purpose, people will buy it as those that are obsessed by any brand power (we likely all have a guilt in this somewhere, STFC is an example if we're honest) are sheep to the machine I tell thee!

It's simple but clever. Money for old rope. I still don't get how the concept of airpods work ergonomically, especially as they just don't. Which is why they quickly integrated "airpod holsters" that are ironically connected to a wire...some of those cunts are having a right old laugh;

"Hey AppleRuss, I've got a great(shit) idea!"
"Go ahead, AppleBob."
"Well we sell 1ply toilet paper but then we offer upgrades once purchased, all the way up to 10ply."
"Wow, I mean people probably only need 4ply at best but that is genius AppleRuss!"
"We could sell them up to 4ply, then force them to purchase a second roll, which would give them 8ply, but if we make the 10ply option the same price as 8ply then the suckers will go straight for 10."
"Oh yess now you're talking Russ, we should make them only a specific size and shape so they have to buy our 'Apple Roll' holder too! You see cos that Russ is true capitalism!"

*Russ and Bob both smile, one slurps coffee from a Samsung mug and the other gleefully plays on his Google Pixel 4 (obtained for free at E3)*

Anyway, they should get with the times, a physical card is becoming old hat. They already have Apple Pay so tech wise it is a step back. Maybe that's part of the ploy - make it so shit that the customer base transfers more seamlessly onto a digital wallet.

Think you’re on to something there, best patent the idea and get R&D going ASAP. This time next year you could be millionaires.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22522 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 11:46:56 »

I now remember why i stopped wearing prescription sunnies.

All well and good when its sunny, but if the sun fucks off or i go inside somewhere and i don't have my normal glasses i face the dilemma of a. looking like a dick wearing sunglasses indoors, or b. take them off and be able to see fuck all.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22523 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 16:20:10 »

Devizes, Melksham and Trowbridge  Clap

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/17856813.sex-map-uk---town-come-rankings/
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22524 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 18:52:11 »

Rum.

I have 5 different bottles at the moment. None cost less than £20. Some are good with dr pepper, some with diet coke, and some a better neat. All great on a sunny day.

Weather has been brilliant this weekend.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #22525 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 23:38:43 »

Rum.

I have 5 different bottles at the moment. None cost less than £20. Some are good with dr pepper, some with diet coke, and some a better neat. All great on a sunny day.

Weather has been brilliant this weekend.

Rum is a fucking ace drink, but the obsession with mixing it with other sweet things is why it hasn't hit the trends like gin over the last 5 years. Whats the point of having 5 £20+ bottle of cheap rum, a drink which is sweet and made out of mollases or other sugar syrups, if you're going to mix them with more sweet things like doctor pepper and coke? Can you tell the difference at that point?

Mix it with a mild ginger ale or something. Or have it neat.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22526 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 06:38:38 »

Some rums are better with a mixer - the lower end ones. I have two decent bottles which I only drink neat.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
scillyred

« Reply #22527 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 08:06:32 »

7yr old Havana Club with Fentimans Ginger Beer is great !
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22528 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 08:17:32 »

I’ve just got into Red Lions - gin and Grand Marnier in equal amounts with half as much again of fresh orange and lemon juice.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22529 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 17:55:53 »

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 1505 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: