Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4511045 times)
Amir

« Reply #19770 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 18:52:57 »

Overheard people talking about me at work earlier. Got all smiley and smug when I heard them say "she's a really lovely girl" only for it to be followed a bit later by "my God is she boring though"

Consider yourself lucky. My boss, in an attempt to stop swearing, has substituted my name for the word cunt.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19771 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 19:41:45 »

It's difficult to be too interested in the forthcoming WC, what with FIFA corruption, incessant international breaks and terrible games. Throw in Putin's state sponsored hooligans and dopers and it's not a promising mix, however I suppose old habits die hard.

Therefore good to see Argentina qualify, as a bit like Brazil, you can't really have a WC without them and even better to see the US not qualify, although I suppose an anti Trump anthem protest might have been fun.  David Cameron will no doubt be glad to see Panama get in.

Not too keen on the prospect of a horde of Icelandic Thunderclappers being on show.
Bloody Vikings, come over here and ransack our monasteries, interfere with our women, steal our fish and humiliate our football team.

Plate tectonics will sort them out eventually.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19772 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 19:59:32 »

Not too keen on the prospect of a horde of Icelandic Thunderclappers being on show.
Bloody Vikings, come over here and ransack our monasteries, interfere with our women, steal our fish and humiliate our football team.

Plate tectonics will sort them out eventually.

At least one of their founding fathers was Erik the Red. I remember when Iceland got a new island Surtsey, it just grew out of the sea... amazing
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #19773 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 18:27:36 »

No, its the latter Ells. Which I guess is not a bad idea per se, but the product is still, in effect, nappies with some bad flowers drawn on them.

Well apparently big horrible knickers are the in thing, so maybe they're on to something?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05jr1r5

Can't say it appeals to me mind..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #19774 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 09:16:55 »

Sounds like bullying in the work place.

Please tell me you are joking
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19775 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 09:32:47 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15589543.Route_to_M4_will_close_at_night_for_almost_two_weeks/#comments-anchor

The comments on this article. On a bad day it might have gone in the other thread, but I had to laugh. Apparently the council should have foreseen current traffic problems 40 years in advance, and there are going to be huge delays through Hook as traffic queues build up at 4am.  Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #19776 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 10:46:21 »

They should plan in advance when creating infrastructure. Surely that's a given?

Granted, I don't have all the information at hand and there may be mitigating circumstances, but if the planners 40 years didn't take expansion into account, then they fucked up. At least in principle.

You'd be crap at cities skylines.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19777 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 10:47:51 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15594419.School_meal_taken_from_girl__9__for_sake_of_55p/

So Marie was so furious that her child had been embarrassed in front of her friends that she decided to go to the papers to make sure that her daughter was embarrassed in front of a much wider audience.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19778 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 10:53:20 »

They should plan in advance when creating infrastructure. Surely that's a given?

Granted, I don't have all the information at hand and there may be mitigating circumstances, but if the planners 40 years didn't take expansion into account, then they fucked up. At least in principle.

You'd be crap at cities skylines.

Car ownership has gone through the fucking roof in this country vastly exceeding anything that was projected in 1977, likewise as the works appear to be in association with a 4000 home new development you cannot account for that in infrastructure planning as it would not have even been a twinkle in its daddy's eye 40 years back - plus in simple capacity terms cars are now considerably larger and thus have a much larger footprint taking up more road space, compare a 1977 Mini with a 2017 BMW one...

Transport planning is tediously dull, but to blame them for not knowing what the demands would be 40 years down the line is a bit harsh.

I love it when drivers moan about being stuck in traffic, you ain't stuck in traffic, you are traffic!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19779 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 11:15:24 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15594419.School_meal_taken_from_girl__9__for_sake_of_55p/

So Marie was so furious that her child had been embarrassed in front of her friends that she decided to go to the papers to make sure that her daughter was embarrassed in front of a much wider audience.

Yeah, but she's sticking it to the man. That'll learn them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19780 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 11:21:17 »

Car ownership has gone through the fucking roof in this country...

Its funny because the junction is being upgraded to take more traffic because of more houses. So they are moaning at the council doing something they think should be done.

Thamesdown Drive and North and West Swindon on the other hand, they can suck my balls on that. It is a massive clusterfuck.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19781 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 11:39:16 »

Thamesdown Drive and North and West Swindon on the other hand, they can suck my balls on that.
Would probably be a bit dangerous while you're driving. At the very least you should pull over
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19782 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 11:50:15 »

Robbery is bad, but hey...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-41609231

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #19783 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 12:14:18 »

Car ownership has gone through the fucking roof in this country vastly exceeding anything that was projected in 1977, likewise as the works appear to be in association with a 4000 home new development you cannot account for that in infrastructure planning as it would not have even been a twinkle in its daddy's eye 40 years back - plus in simple capacity terms cars are now considerably larger and thus have a much larger footprint taking up more road space, compare a 1977 Mini with a 2017 BMW one...

Transport planning is tediously dull, but to blame them for not knowing what the demands would be 40 years down the line is a bit harsh.

I love it when drivers moan about being stuck in traffic, you ain't stuck in traffic, you are traffic!

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19784 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 12:26:47 »

What a senseless waste of cheesecake
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: