Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 1319 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4511047 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19725 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:53:50 »

Out of interest what technology do they have now which wasn't around 25 years ago... do they do all their lessons on i-pads /smartphones ?
Pretty much....

One of the classes do their work on iPads using some form of air media technology. So basically the teacher has a big fuck off screen at the front of the room which she works on, this in turn streams the content to all the iPads in the room. The teacher then has the ability to switch between the individual iPads and choose which one to show on the screen at the front.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19726 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:54:22 »

I wasn't sure which one this should go into but decided this one.

Schools.
I've not stepped foot in a primary school for 25/26 years but i still remember what mine was like.
My son starts school next September so we had a couple of visits today and its incredible how much things have changed. The technology that the kids have at their disposal is fantastic and things 25 years ago we didn't even know would ever exist.
The thing that stuck with me most is not a blackboard and chalk in sight. Who's going to be able to stay behind class and clean it for the fit teacher.
On the subject of fit teachers.......

Racist. They are not allowed to be called Blackboards. They are chalk boards.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19727 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:55:34 »

Racist. They are not allowed to be called Blackboards. They are chalk boards.
whats the PC term for a whiteboard?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19728 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:55:52 »

What's a whiteboard called these days?  Huh?

Edit. Seconds ahead of me chubbster
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19729 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:00:25 »

I remember primary school, we used to sit on the floor on a square carpeted area for registration etc. Powder paints and paper mache (sp), the recorder, the slipper if you got caught fighting or throwing stones, warm small bottles of milk. British Bulldog, conkers, marbles, trying to get the football from the caretakers garden whilst his dog tried to puncture it. Trips to Oxenwood.  Sigh  Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:04:20 by 4D » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19730 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:05:43 »

One of the schools year 6's went on an end of term jolly Berlin last year.

The best we got was bloody Swanage
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19731 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:14:05 »

We also did Swanage.

we stayed in a guest house. none of this pgl stuff..
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19732 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:16:01 »

We also did Swanage.

We also did Swanage.

The person giving us the tour mentioned PGL a few times. I had to google it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19733 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:53:07 »

I remember primary school, we used to sit on the floor on a square carpeted area for registration etc.

We had a parquet floor in the assembly hall.
The reverb after somebody accidentally let rip one morning was very impressive, even the headmaster paused and glanced over to the guilty party who was left in splendid isolation in the space created in the aftermath.

My proudest moment of pre secondary school years.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19734 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 16:13:51 »

We also did Swanage.

In our Primary School trips we did Swanage one year and really pushing the boat out and going overseas to the Isle of Wight the next year both times in hotels. Not sure they go anywhere at the school our little one is going to.

Oh and when you were naughty you had to go and sit outside the Headmasters Office on ' The Black Chair'.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19735 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 16:22:37 »

Pretty much....

One of the classes do their work on iPads using some form of air media technology. So basically the teacher has a big fuck off screen at the front of the room which she works on, this in turn streams the content to all the iPads in the room. The teacher then has the ability to switch between the individual iPads and choose which one to show on the screen at the front.

Interesting, I've thought for a long while that new technologies should render schools unnecessary, or at least not organised and costed in the present fashion.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19736 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 17:36:38 »

whats the PC term for a whiteboard?

It was serious. Schools/teachers are also not allowed to mark in red pen because it can be deemed offensive....

Schools have changed. Teachers have changed.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19737 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 08:42:13 »

It was serious. Schools/teachers are also not allowed to mark in red pen because it can be deemed offensive....

Schools have changed. Teachers have changed.
the worlds gone mad!

But seriously, can you still call it a whiteboard?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19738 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 08:44:02 »

the worlds gone mad!

But seriously, can you still call it a whiteboard?

Yes.

You can also mark in red pen.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #19739 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 09:34:26 »

I remember primary school, we used to sit on the floor on a square carpeted area for registration etc. Powder paints and paper mache (sp), the recorder, the slipper if you got caught fighting or throwing stones, warm small bottles of milk. British Bulldog, conkers, marbles, trying to get the football from the caretakers garden whilst his dog tried to puncture it. Trips to Oxenwood.  Sigh  Smiley

That's pretty much my primary school days too!
We used to call the slipper,the dap though.

The only technology we had was a BBC micro model B computer which was in the stock room, where the whole class were led down once to gaze at(but not touch)in awe and wonder at the white hot future!
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 1319 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: